1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Compiling a list of penalized directories in August!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by PixelStreamed, Oct 6, 2007.

Hi
    I'm trying to compile a complete list of directories that got penalized last month. If you guys can contribute and post in this forum I would appreciate it and give some rep!

PixelStreamed, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  2. deccanbazaar.biz

deccanbazaar.biz Banned

Best Answers:
    i thought may be you have posted the list of the directories ..

however i will search for them and definetly post it right here VVVV

deccanbazaar.biz, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  3. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, but dont you think that this will offend the owners of those directories ? i mean they have already endured enough damages, they really dont need extra publicity..

i just dont see DP directories owners come here, and say "hi this is my penalized directory, thanks for adding it in your list!"

Peace.

funkymario, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  4. PixelStreamed

PixelStreamed Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not for bashing. It's so I can do some research, and maybe write an informative article. Not everything has to be twisted in a negative way you know :)

5. PixelStreamed

PixelStreamed Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry, i will post the complete list later if i get alot of help in this post so everyone can have it.

6. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should start by learning to use the 'search' function, that way you could find the information that has already been posted. Plus no one even knows for sure that there was a penalty so you might be wasting your time.

and lastly you should use the edit function instead of posting two posts right after another because you will get infractions for that.

jg123, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  7. funkymario

Best Answers:
    well, if its for research then, maybe you should just ask people to pm you the directories, and there is no need to post the list and make it public, even if the goal is to publish an "informative article" there is no need to include a complete list of penalized directories. :)

am not being negative, am just indicating that some fellow DP members may feel offended if someone post their directories here, because even if your intentions are good, its still negative publicity for their directories.

8. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    the list being published on several sites including this forum. I'm sure if you use search function you will find them.

I saw one of dp member posted an analysis for all penalized directory on his site few days ago, sorry do not remember where it was.

alang, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  9. PixelStreamed

PixelStreamed Peon

Best Answers:
    why would directories owners be so concerned about hiding the fact that their directory was penalized? The ones that actually are concerned about not letting people know their directories have been penalized might be the ones that you don't want to submit your sites to anyway because it's speaks alot about their character/ethics, which is not being honest about the quality of their directories due to the fact they want it not known their directory was penalized.

If my directory was penalized I would want everyone to know so I know that whoever submitted to my site knew about the penalization, and it would make me feel better that I wasn't ripping them off. I hope you see my point.

We are all grown adults here (I hope), and shouldn't be concerned about hurting each other's feelings like we we are still in high school.

That's just the way I see it, you might not agree.

10. PixelStreamed

PixelStreamed Peon

Best Answers:
    Since we have to worry about hurting peoples feelings please just PM me your list and I will give you some rep!

11. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    alang, Oct 6, 2007 IP
    PixelStreamed likes this.
  12. PixelStreamed

PixelStreamed Peon

Best Answers:
  13. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    great it could help and I hope those directory owners that site listed there don't mind about it.

alang, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  14. funkymario

Best Answers:
    well this is the way i see it :) :

i know personally most of the owners of the directories that has been penalized, and most of them are great webmasters and very ethical people, thats why in those tough times we, should support them instead of giving them EXTRA negative publicity, especially because those penalties are not very severe or permanent.

syted and britishguy like this.
  15. PixelStreamed

PixelStreamed Peon

Best Answers:
    i had a feeling from the angle you took on the post that you either owned one of the directories or personally knew some of them. If you think about it from a customer stand point (people who don't own one of those directories or don't personally know the owners) then you'd see everything differently.

The reason I was trying to find a complete list was for some clients and friends. Also to see if it affected websites in any way. Also, some of them want a list so they don't submit to those directories anymore until the penalization is removed.

I think the customers have a right to know about the penalization. Especially because of the higher cost most of these directories charge for a submission because of the higher PR/authority they had.

we probably both won't change our views, and of course it would be great if the whole directory penalization situation never happened. so lets just leave it at that. :)

16. funkymario

Best Answers:
    i agree :)

17. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why make a list when there already are some around?

We dont even know if its a penalty yet, and whatever it is started in spetember, not august...

mikey1090, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  18. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    absolutely! these all penalty stuff is all rumors! google has not said anything about it, things will be normal in time, don't panic,

uttoransen, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  19. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've compiled a list of 120+ directories that appear to have ranking issues. I haven't published the list for a number of reasons:

1. I can't verify that they are penalized.
    2. I can't verify the reason they are experiencing ranking issues - some are fairly new sites, some are experiencing issues older than the reasons recently discussed and I'd rather not lump them all together.

We can all speculate on the reasons why, but there are sites on the list that clearly shouldn't be, so publishing the list would be irresponsible of me.

Compiling the list was fairly easy - it took all of an evening to do, if that.

CReed, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  20. PixelStreamed

PixelStreamed Peon

Best Answers:

oops, my mistake. September not August

PixelStreamed, Oct 7, 2007 IP