1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lunarpages Free Trial, NOT FREE at all

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Hlu, Sep 27, 2007.

I signed up Lunarpages for a year with 30 days trial period. Later I found out: 1. The cPanel is really not that user-friendly; 2. Resources and information are just all over places. Not well organized. 3. The customer service is horrible. Can’t talk to the same person, every time is a different person even though it’s the same issue. 4. They offer something free and then when you try to claim the freebie, they tell you that you can’t receive the freebie because of something you sign already waved the right.

Because I am just not very happy with their service, so I ask for cancellation of my account (within 30 days). Guess what they said? “…you have already forfeited your 30 day money back guarantee by agreeing to that and downloading the free coffeecup software.” Coffeecup software? The ad says “FREE” coffeecup software and make you feel like it’s okay to download. Plus I haven’t use any of that software at all. So FREE software? NOT SO FREE!!! FREE 30day trial period? NOT SO FREE!!!

So watch out! Anything you sign (or better yet, CLICK) will lead you to another trick! I don’t think this is an honest way of running a business at all. In addition, Lunarpages has wasted my time and money!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Hlu, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  2. ilxeon

ilxeon Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest next time read the TOS of the company carefully before signing up :)

ilxeon, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  3. Hlu

Hlu Peon

Best Answers:
    Today, I asked to see the "agreement" which I accidentally "clicked", which forfeited my 30 day money back guarantee. Now they gave my money back!

Hlu, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  4. n3wbi3

n3wbi3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am with lunarpages for several months now and i can say that i am happy with their service.

re the customer support, if you would like to get an answer from the same person, i suggest you put it on their forum : lunarforums.com
    "Mitch" would most likely answer your questions since he's always around.
    (I personally like their customer support, it's fast!"

re the 30days trial period and the free coffeecup software -
    it says "30days TRIAL period" because it's also the same as 30days MONEY BACK guarantee. so within that time, you are free to try how good or bad their hosting is.
    the free coffeecup software is free if you signed up for 12-24months hosting on lunarpages aka if you host your site on to lunarpages. and since you're still under the trial period, which means you can have your money back and obviously cancel your hosting, then why would they give you free software?

i asked for my free coffeecup software too before my 30days trial period end, they told me if i wanted to dl it, they will waved the trial period. i said no, i'll just wait cuz i'm still monitoring their server. and now, im happy with LP.

but since you said you were able to dl the coffeecup software and was able to get your money back, then i'll say YOU'RE LUCKY! you got a FREE coffeecup software!

n3wbi3, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  5. LayLifeScience

LayLifeScience Peon

Best Answers:
    You mean coffeecup software is not free normally? But I got it for free and have been using it for a year. And no, I didn't sign up for lunarpages. Wonder where I got this...

LayLifeScience, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  6. WebTalkVB

WebTalkVB Peon

Best Answers:
    They pester an awful lot aswell, when I owned my old company they never stopped sending e-mail asking me to resell their products. I told them, 'no', next thing they are trying to talk me into it again with more of their bulls**t, 'NO!'. They eventually stopped.

Worst thing I never gave them my e-mail address or signed it up for anything, it was a company e-mail address. So they must go looking for their fresh meat all the time :p.

But the free trial thing is pretty much your fault if it is stated within the TOS, if not then, sorry and I'm glad you got your money back anyway :D.

WebTalkVB, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  7. sandyf

sandyf Peon

Best Answers:
    Steer clear of Lunarpages, I found a major thread going on about them in other forums!

They just changed default 404 pages to ad-serving parked sites for ALL their customers, without any warning. Forum posts have been buried & censored on the topic, all the angry customers asking for an explanation.

I was interested in the Coffee Cup promotion, but now I'm staying away.

sandyf, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  8. n3wbi3

n3wbi3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^I think I missed that :p I will go check their forum now and find out for myself. hehe

well, few days ago i had problem with my server, it went down a couple of times in a day.. but i think they were able to fix it now..

i got my coffeecup software too :p

@laylifescience, i believe there are some coffeecup software that are free to downloads. the others are not. what coffeecup software do you got?

n3wbi3, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  9. chickens

chickens Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen many promotions giving away the coffeecup html editor for free. Its a piece of junk in my opinion, but I use a command line text editor 99% of the time. -- emacs

chickens, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  10. WebTalkVB

WebTalkVB Peon

Best Answers:
    I just checked the TOS and it states very clearly that it is only for 12-24 purchases. Sorry but it was your own fault really.

WebTalkVB, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  11. solar44

solar44 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes i agree it's tricky. always read the tos carefully, cuz most big hosting providers have such rules.

solar44, Oct 8, 2007 IP