1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Domain Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aaron111, Oct 6, 2007.

I am asking if you know if it is okat to put a number in a domai like this fishoil1.com is this a good domain or a bad idea?? or does the number through off the bots"" any comments:rolleyes:

Aaron111, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  2. twalters84

twalters84 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

My assumption would be that the bots would be able to determine the domain name to be fishoil1.com.

They can probably break domains down into parts, like if you have

subDomain.domain.com

They can probably see subDomain is the sub domain, domain is the domain, and com is the top level.

I think I read somewhere subdomains have 1 PR rating subtrated from the domain PR.

I really doubt a number would hurt :)

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  3. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks lol" it seems like romurs could knock your quote" I mean I hate to waste good bread on another funky domain but my competitors seem like they are dominating the fish oil territory with their domains currently I haven't seen many fishoil domains with numbers in them especially in the top listings my observation is based on top domain search lol"

Aaron111, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  4. kelouba

kelouba Peon

Best Answers:
    The number would just dilute the effectiveness of the domain in my opinion. Better without the number if you can.

kelouba, Oct 6, 2007 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  5. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Nice kelouba"
    thats what im talkin about

what about those that claim the number could help Im curious" but im going with your answer rep added

Aaron111, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  6. kelouba

kelouba Peon

Best Answers:
    The number only helps if you are trying to compete with another well established site that has a number or numbers in their domian.

For example some sites use 247 in their domain as in, open 24 7, or 365, as in 365 days per year.

kelouba, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  7. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Thank for the seo contribution kelouba" as you know a domain is as important as the web site it self I believe that domain relevancy is key to the visual aspects of your content " if some one stumbled over your site they might see your domain first" if they are looking for fish oil they will see this clearly" however the bots are the more of a concern to me" especially dot coms- the search engines chase dot coms randomly I have seen dot US up in the ranks but more so your top listed searches always relevant to a .com structure"
    cheers"

Aaron111, Oct 6, 2007 IP