1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Penalzation Round 2

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Dave E, Sep 25, 2007.

1. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The *only* thing scrambled here is 'your brains'... (or lack thereof)

to everybody else.. enjoy HAPPY HOUR!!! :D

an0n, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    adnan likes this.
  2. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    just out of curiousity workshop would you consider this a MFA /http://www.jodee.biz/blogger.html as it has adsense plus it general in nature

jminscoe, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  3. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    will that make a difference ?? I didn't know "editorial integrity" changes if a site is owned by someone else.

smub, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  4. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He would think anything that suits his scheme of things or agenda. :p
    Just non-sense.:rolleyes:

jhnrang, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  5. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have been seeing this thread for days now,
    never came in coz i dont like the topic "Penal...."
    temptation took over me today,...
    i type as i bang my head on the wall for
    waisting an hour trying to figure out whats the fuss all about!

I write in an attempt to kill this thread as early as possible,
    coz clearly it has no "Extra value",.... and in itself has become an MFA thread with no value!

what people need to do is to define MFA,
    as seriously its NOT a boolean value! the variable type is float!
    (for non geeks, boolean=>Yes/ No, Float=>0.00 - 0.99)

MFA is not just big ads,.... its the marginal utility of the site!

did not read the whole thread, but there was a mention on the acne site!

I personally would NOT list it in my directory,
    due to the fact that if i do, tomorrow i will be flooded with acne websites
    but i would NOT also brand it as a MFA!
    for the simple reason, when i opened the site,
    it gave me ample info about acne, ....
    (not commenting if there is dup content or not),....
    but it has information, that is precisely what google likes!

2 Every sites ultimate goal is to Earn money, this may be via a service, or thru ads,.... or both! this website has no service,... so its only source of income is adsense,.... which IMHO is quite justified! As long as its well put with the design, and not thos ugly big boxes,.... i dont mind the ads!

Not all sites have to provide a service to earn money,...
    if this were so all blogs would be MFA, ....
    and blogspot the biggest culprit!

I think to end this thread, i would request workshop to give a detailed reasoning/ description of what he thinks is a MFA site?

Regards,
    M.

msolution, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    jhnrang likes this.
  6. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I sincerely excuse myself. But is it difficult for conshop (taking cue from smub) to understand this simple fact?:rolleyes:

He comes here to earn $250 --but he is against someone who tries to run a site and earn some-money. What a double standard-- so long for his editorial integrity!:rolleyes:

Ultimate goal-- earn money from a site you run.

jhnrang, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  7. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    I could show a few more sites also that montenize by using adsense as my Grandma used to say
    so you can't say adsense use is just MFA and so what about erectile being on a dental site just goes to show you anyone can have beautiful smile and show their teeth (oh man that has to do with dental) once that problems solved;)

jminscoe, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    smub likes this.
  8. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me put this in a different perspective:

Why waste so much time on this? It is amazing to see how many people take time or find time to argue over and over with the same issues. It is useless and it's not going anywhere.

Whether workshop is right or wrong is not the point, as he already stated countless times his position will not change or little can be done to change his thinking and or see his/her ideas from someone else point of view.

This type of debate is not constructive as neither party is willing to give or take in order to find a middle ground.

You should read the debates about Religion and how old they are and still people keep debating. There is good reason to think that they never will end

It's like a Christian trying to convert a Muslim to Christianity or vice versa. Catholics imposing their faith on Protestants, SDA (Seven Day Adventist) arguing with Jehovah's Witnesses over who is correct in explaining/understanding the bible.

I gave up long time ago trying to change other peoples ideas ("FAITH") or trying to others people to understand my ideas either way don't matter.

If you feel you must reply (very tentative isn't??) by all means go ahead, but the end result will be what you expected.

I have another great idea: Let's create a dump thread, anyone who wants to talk or argue take it to this thread where you can have fun explaining your difference of opinions.

BUT PLEASE KEEP ALL THREADS ON TOPIC, THIS FORUM IS VISITED BY MORE PEOPLE READY TO LEARN AND SHARE

Thank You For Reading!!!

mywebsearches, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "Those crazy reborn religious fanatics"? Wow! That's a totally uncalled-for ad hominem attack against people of faith. Was that necessary in a professional discussion concerning directories?

Jim4767, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  10. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    of course its double standard when he can have adsense on his own paid directory as I mention here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=4726937&postcount=209

alang, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  11. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Have any of your sites been penalised? I sincerely hope so because if anyone deserves to get taken out you do.
    That's a blog and its certainly not aimed at an audience of teeth that suffer from erectile dysfunction which was the topic chosen by the author of the articles on the other site used as an example of stuff we wont accept in our directories.
    If I am not mistaken this whole issue of penalisation started when Google issued a warning to the community as a whole saying that it does not approve of directory masters pimping PR and they quietly suggested that we get or house in order. This was ignored and the next thing we saw were the bidding directories. Nice one guys! This is not a thread about MFA, its about attitude and the problems should be obvious. We either put a stop to this insane double speak or Google will close down this industry. And I am beginning to wonder if that wouldn't be such a bad idea. That's a radical shift in my agenda. I don't know how long I have spent on this forum but its long enough to come to the conclusion that we either sink or swim. The problem is that there are more rats on this ship than I ever realised and they are all barmy to boot.
    Agreed and the information on that site is unreliable. Its a lure for traffic looking for answers. Its made for the adsense revenue that can be earned from Google. There is no other attached offering of service, no accountability. Its MFA.
    Compare this post with this
    Its like chalk and cheese
    I think you are wrong. Google is telling us to clean up or its going to close this industry down. This is going to cause big problems for me but as of yesterday its what I am factoring into my short term plans. Its not the crazies that worry me, you always get them. Rather its the fact that we allow unscrupulous operators to influence and tear the arse out of this industry.
    If I was you I would stick a cork in it. Confirm you are the joker that believes that oral erectile dysfunction is something to be proud of and something that should be promoted. I got it off your profile by the way. I am afraid it just jumped out at me. Didn't even have to look. My, my and its a page strength 5.5. Should I get my wallet out? Hopefully it will lead to penalisation and then followed be de-indexing. Anyway here are fingers crossed and despite everything I will dream on.

workshop, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  12. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can you know if your directory has been penalized?

daones, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  13. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

@workshop

Chillax its gonna be alright :D

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  14. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you answering my question first regarding adsense ads on your paid directory before throwing a question at me.

And regarding your question on dentalmedical.us, for your info when the site submitted to us on July 7th, 2007 the post is not exist yet. All posts are related to site topic ie dental medical and the blog is own by a dental student also a DP member. Erectile dysfunction post was made on September 26th 2007 and I am sure if that post was there when I reviewed it, I will reject the site. Why he post about that on his blog, I have no idea, you should ask him yourself.

Yes, it is page strength 5.5, so what it is related with this? And please keep your wallet or use it to purchase phpld license or hire someone to redo your directory that looks like a job of 10 years old. From your post here, I guess you around that age.

So, if you don't like any directories that is better than you, you just pray it will be penalised so it will make you feel better? What kind of attitude is that? You are just like a fat boy at high school who everyday pray that something happen to most popular student so that you will get a chance to get some girl.

Its not like that kid, if you want to earn something, work for it, not by wish for downfall of others and hope that only you will survive so you can get all the share.

alang, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    DownUnder likes this.
  15. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. Google gave us warning....OK
    2. Bidding directories,.... i dont own one... so no comments!
    3. Google will close the industry,.... well then we'll optimize for MSN and Yahoo,.... google cant afford that, so this is hypothetics all gone wrong!
    4. Whose Attitude?
    5. the only guy sinking seems to be you, according to the DP barometer, you'r way down by the numbers!

What is reliable information? and how does it make an information relaible or not!

1. information provided by google is no way reliable,....all they have is results, and listing of "unreliable" sites.
    2. googles main business moto is to lure traffic for "people looking for answers"
    3, the results come attached with adsense on the side, and thats the core income of google!

are you saying google is MFA too!:eek:

2 lets take blogs, they being the bigger of the evil for link sales!
    is their "opinionated" views reliable,... is there an attached service, don't they do it to lure readers looking for gossip and information,... all have ads,... if not adsense,... and that is their sole area of earning!

all blogs are MFA!:rolleyes:

is DP any diffrent, do you pay to post, Shawn does earn $10,000 a month from google adsense, just by "luring" people to indulge in unneccassary bashing:rolleyes:
    [pun intenteded towards workshop and not towards Shawn :p,.... Sorry Shawn]

hope you give me a better reasoning for MFA sites,....the term i think after this thread will be the next term to be banned from DP, it is derogatory.

M.

msolution, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  16. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    And of course the only perfect one on here is you oh mighty one! :rolleyes: I bow to your superiority over us all and apologise on behalf of us all insignificants with scrambled brains and beg your forgiveness.

In other words, leave it out, you not only sound pathetic your bringing the forum into disrepute, yet again. If you don´t agree with someone please send them a p.m as it doesn´t make you look any smarter by posting unecessary comments on open forum. Thought the all seeing, all knowing Oricle called anon would know better, guess not.

The Pheonix, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  17. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    My advice is to always look for a web master and a purpose behind the site. This is a question of personal judgement and ethics. Things that have got so blurred in this forum that I am not surprised that you are battling to come to grips with principles that are simple common sense for those of us that eat wholesome and exercise regularly.
    No. But I am saying that Acne Control is made to exploit the adsense revenue it generates. I am also saying that its ludicrous to try and argue that Made For Adsense does not mean made for adsense.
    No. Whilst there are a lot blogs that are used for link litter they don't work quiet so well as MFA sites. Where they are used for MFA purposes I would lump them in with scrapers and suspect they don't fare that well. However despite the fact I can generally spot them and the fact that I don't like them, I know very little about them. Its not something that interests me
    Because its elementary. The use of adsense does not necessarily mean that the site has no other purpose. We are building a resource. I wanted to see what adsense was all about and whether we could monetise our sites using adsense. But its far too complicated for me and quite frankly find it tedious and boring.
    Surprise! Surprise! And now that he has shown his true colours? Or has he paid you for a link that you have to "honour". Did you approve an empty blog? I have had a look at the Archive, his posts go back to the first of September and none of them are relevant. If you haven't notice its cyber junk but it does fit somehow.
    You said it not me. And it suits me just fine if you don't respond to my posts. It might encourage some of the other members who feel the same way I do to speak up and make a contribution to what should be a debate amongst equals.

workshop, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  18. Lordik1975

Lordik1975 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its very sad... :(

Lordik1975, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  19. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a question to you all...

How is it that workshop still is in the green? That to me, is the biggest mystery...

Just bizarre!

pctec, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  20. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    look at what msolution posted...he barely has any green...

mikey1090, Oct 6, 2007 IP