1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Free Email Marketing Software

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Christian Little, Oct 5, 2007.

About four months ago I setup a small travel website and did some link building and some seo on it, then due to life I ended up just letting it sit there. I just checked on it and it's actually got a few rankings in google lol. It's not getting much traffic (like 15-50/day), but if you search google it actually ranks #1 for about a dozen really long tail keywords (not bad for less then 4 hours of work on it a few months ago lol).

Anywho to my point - since the site is getting hits, I'm making myself sit down and rework the site. I've redesigned it and am moving it to a different server and some other fixes.

Part of the new design incorporates a newsletter/email signup. So I just went out looking for a good email marketing system and the only decent looking one I could find was DadaMail. It looks alright and has some good features, but I'm just wondering if there's any other free solutions out that that work well for other people.

My hosting company offers to install phplist via fantasico, but it's not that great of a program from what I can tell.

So does anybody have any other recommendations for free email software?

Yes I know you get what you pay for and all that, but I'm not prepared to invest money into this until I can see it perform a bit. (Probably load Exact Target in the future, as I've used it in the past and love it, but it's very pricy).

Ideally I'm looking for the following features:

-HTML and plain text emails
    -Tracking open rates on html emails
    -Easy to use
    -Double Opt-in signups
    -Some sort of achiving feature would be preferred (this is why I'm leaning towards dadamail, it has a really good archiving system)

Thanks everybody :)

Christian Little, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    smileverse likes this.
  2. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mass email sender just look in here

powerboss, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  3. DrewAMP

DrewAMP Peon

Best Answers:
    powerboss, he is looking for FREE software.
    I am looking for it as well. In fact, I was just about to make a thread about this before I saw this.

DrewAMP, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  4. DrewAMP

DrewAMP Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone have anything?

DrewAMP, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  5. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    benchmark does all those things. You can use it for free to send a small number of emails, but that's really only as a trial. It's not expensive though.

magda, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    smileverse likes this.
  6. smileverse

smileverse Peon

Best Answers:
    Comm100 Email marketing software is the best one I've used to market my websites and it fits to your needs.

smileverse, Jan 14, 2012 IP
  7. maxwellstephen

maxwellstephen Peon

Best Answers:
    Please do not under estimate phplist. If you know how to customize phplist and integrate them into your websites you should be a able to get a professional looking phplist. See demo at phplistmod.com

maxwellstephen, Feb 1, 2012 IP
  8. c_c_lia

c_c_lia Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is quite a useful tool for IM today. It helps you stay in touch with existing customers while transfer new customers into repeated, loyal customers. Anyhow it's time-consuming to manage a large email list and personally I prefer to leave that part of job to a reliable email partner with a reasonable price... You know, free services just don't take care of everything...

c_c_lia, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  9. jackgrant1

jackgrant1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for this post. You've shared so much insight and information that is greatly appreciated.

jackgrant1, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  10. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    It easy to find for paid email marketing services. . I believe most of the email marketing system or software allow you to do that so unless you go for free and they may hide some feature from you and you need to paid for it in order to allow you track more details

JerrickYeoh, Feb 9, 2012 IP