1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting out with BANS

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by GTL, Oct 5, 2007.

So I just set up a BANS store and was wondering from some people who have had success with it, the best way to get started with traffic etc? Any specific tips for it or not?

GTL, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  2. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically you're looking at two scenarios:

1. FAST -Start with PPC to buy targeted traffic to your site
    2. SLOW -Work on SEO and get organic traffic to your site via link directories, forum/blog signatures, social networks, etc.

Or you can do a blend of both (which is probably the best way to go). If you go with PPC, stay away from Google AdWords until you know what you're doing. I have a great time with Yahoo's (YSM) PPC.. clicks are cheap and the traffic is good.

Either way.. stick with it, work hard and keep experimenting and optimizing what you have.

HTH
    hanji

hanji, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    GTL likes this.
  3. kx2

kx2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about adding some unique content to your store? I mean it doesn't have to be only auction ads sorted up, right? You can maybe write few pages of unique content that will describe stuff you're selling (in a unique way)...So, you find facts about your stuff online, but it is the way you present those facts on your website that really matters....

This way you will have some on-page SEO, which will improve your overall SE rankings.

Actually, does anyone have something like thise I just described on their BANS store? it'd be nice to see it in action.

kx2, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  4. mac

mac Peon

Best Answers:
    I've started on some at ABodyAuctions.com. I need to add some pictures, put in some specs and other stuff, but there is content there. Most of it is in content pages, but I've also added some to the store pages as well.

mac, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  5. Bearded

Bearded Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote a nice article about getting started in my niche for the homepage of one of my BANS stores. I've received about 2,500 hits on that page just from StumbleUpon. I also use Adwords to drive steady targeted traffic to the site.

That particular site nets about $10-30/day after advertising.

Bearded, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  6. kx2

kx2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can we see the article?

kx2, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  7. mac

mac Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that request.

mac, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  8. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i've put three content pages on my site, google indexed it after six days and traffic seems to be building ok. also doing google ppc content only at .04 cents a go. www.australianopalshop.com

mcjp6, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  9. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice site you have there. obviously you did a good job, ratherthan just installing the standard BANS look :D I'm sure you will have a winner. just give it sometime.

Keep up the good work.

bujuk, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  10. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the comments, even since yesterday my organic search traffic has increased substantially and I am now getting plenty of clicks on ebay ie 40-50 a day according to CJ stats. Now I have to wait and see if that person does end up buying something on ebay before my cookie runs out!

I guess it is all in the numbers, someone has to buy sometime!

Two sites up now and one will be up tomorrow. Here hoping

mcjp6, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  11. skumfidusen

skumfidusen Peon

Best Answers:
    what is a ban/ban store?

skumfidusen, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  12. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    BANS is a script that uses the eBay RSS feed to "Build A Niche Store" - if you're a CJ affiliate, your unique PID is attached to all the links - and you get a commission on any sales that are made from your store.

Kerosene, Oct 12, 2007 IP