1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Penalzation Round 2

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Dave E, Sep 25, 2007.

1. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol are you so proud of your directory saying that Aviva is penaltised so it makes your site the god ??

I don't understand much about this industry lol. That is one of the better things i like to hear because many thinks otherwise.

Summary of what Google's Representative Matt Cutt stated Paid Links are not allowed. Directory owner if they charge for a review rather than for a link is good. Charge for a review ?? to provide a backlink for webmasters or provide a better resource for end user ??

I am very sure a person with some idea would think for a resource not just a backlink alone. Where as you seem to think otherwise.

I think it won't take longer when your site will be under this also ... because many like you have stand at the same place and talked *Complete Rubbish* and than were penaltised in Round 2 of penalty.

Update:

2 reds so far

"Syed Balkhi is a baby snake and gay selling his directory and runs away. Cool fool."
    "STFU"

hopefully the next cool fool would like to sign it if they have enough guts :)

One more

so total of 3

"complaining about reds often gets pitty greens. This is to help counter those. Signed: Jesus H. Christ"

smub, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  2. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    As a rule I dont play the "rep" game. I have only dished out one red rep which was supposed to be a green.
    No what I am saying is that our directories offer long term value which makes us different
    Its taking a bit of time to get through to you but thats what we are doing. At the same time we are not tying to fool anyone into believing we are something we are not. We know that it will take us three years, maybe more to insert ourselves into the niche communities we are targeting and we are not selling anything other than the service we offer.

Get real. Watch us, watch what we do and if any of our directories get penlised please let us know. Just make a note of the next one

workshop, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  3. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody is selling out yet :)

I am waiting to pick up a few good directories....
    As long as A directory remains within the Laws Of GODgle, Directories will remain the easiest source of IBLs ..
    Hope the storm gets over soon...
    Or on second thoughts, at least untill people start to sell out :D..

Blogspotter, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What I would like to see is an end to these useless threads... This is going no where!

Mia, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    silencer likes this.
  5. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You directory provide long-term value to clients and long established directories like Aviva and Alive don't provide it!:eek:

BS f the day.

You directory is not yet established properly and you just talk. Nobody is going to be fooled --except yourself.

And you say --your directory is better than those 2 directories which have been providing excellent services for the last 2 years:eek:

Only a joker can think/say those things in circuses- and DP's directory section s nothing but a circus arena currently what with people dishing out comedies like this.:D

jhnrang, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  6. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Its not going to be such a rich market but if its done properly it could be a lot more exciting :)
    Today's market is very different place to the poisoned well you have contently been drinking from for so long. But let me ask you whether you are paying for a link in either of those two directories. Tell me you are going to pay $500 over the next ten years for a link in a penalised directory. Why? What value are you getting? They might slip the annual renewal past Google but I doubt they will be able to sustain those rates. You have got to be crazy to think one link on Aviva is worth a hundred links on directories which will one day draw quality traffic from the niche communities they service. There is nothing special about the site. Its a very ordinary looking directory with a hell of a lot of back links and its going to have to compete in a very different market. There is no more PR selling. You might have noticed this and what you have to consider is that the present owner has developed expensive tastes. Do you honestly believe he is not going to jump ship?

workshop, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  7. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Fair enough, you think the only benefit they offer is PR. But thats not what was asked - why do you think yours is better?

mikey1090, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  8. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    even if aviva and alive penalized for 10 years, there are other better directories than yours. What make you think if no alive and aviva, your directories is the only choice.

What you can offer with your directory? You can bs all day about your editorial and quality of listing but if you can't spend few hours to at least create custom category, how can you convince people that you care about quality.

alang, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  9. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Because none of our directories have been penalised yet, we are not going to have to go through the angst of changing our business model, we have a long term future and are already attracting an interest from the local media.

But this thread is not about our directories. They are working just fine and the question I am asking is if every penalised site is not the victim of a proxy attack could this not be an attempt at damage control and could it not be self inflicted? :)
    Relax. We have customised a category. Its the Biodiversity one and once the directory master starts to run out sites she wants to list she will start tidying up the rest of site. What's the hurry? Directories are an ongoing commitment and all you have to do is to look at the sites we list. No MFA in our directories, unlike some. nudge ;) ;)

workshop, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  10. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    your directory is not penalized because it do not have anything. Google not even realized their existence and it didn't do any harm to them because your directories does not have any value that can influence search engine ranking.

Don't think you are special just because google not penalize you, its not because they love you but because they ignore you.

alang, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    pctec likes this.
  11. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Its indexed and the back links carry just as much weight with Google. That is if Aviva's links have not been devalued as part of the penalty.
    Is this the sort of quality site you accept on your directory? And then there is this one. Go and wash your mouth out with soap flea bag.

workshop, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  12. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:

I seriously think you need an appointment with minstrel -he is a qualified psychiatrist.

What problem do you have with other people's business policies? Everyubody is free to have their own policies, they have every right to run their businesses as they please.

If you don't like- ignore them!:rolleyes:

I have no right to tell you how to run your business ---and-- vice-versa.

Alive and Aviva might charge 5K per listing in their directories- I see no problem. If people think they are worth --they will try to get listed there. If thery do not think they are worthy of that sum-- they won't list.

Very simple.
    You have no right to criticize other people's policy because you don't like them.

jhnrang, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  13. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I asked if the so called proxy attack could not be an attempt at damage control and have been harassed and have had to fend off personal attacks ever since. Why cant you answer the question?
    This is where you have it all wrong. We are in this mess because certain people dont understand there are limits and no one saw the need to call them.

workshop, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  14. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since you started posting on this section-- it has been only tirade against those two sites.

Why?????????

Now --you are trying to change the point?
    And who are you to tell experienced webmasters --who have been running their business succesfully for so long- what should be the limit?:rolleyes:

Do you have any sort of pedigree?

Come-on --wake up--

When people judge some-one they check all the qualifications, background -qualities- of the person in question.

Jeff and Chris have withstood the taste of time and still going strong.

And what is your pedigree?

jhnrang, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    pctec and mystikmedia like this.
  15. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I am not the one trying to change the subject. We are supposed to be discussing, dare I mention it, the fact that Aviva and Alive have been penalised.
    It started with the Authority Lists. That sort of dishonesty gets right up my nose. But let me ask if this and this are the sort of quality sites you would list on your directory.

workshop, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  16. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    his pedigree is that he have a Directory Master who is yet to be trained. And he owns VERY VERY Big Sites still unknown. And his skill levels are so high that it touches the sky and the rest of us sitting here for all the years are complete idiots as we dont know how to do what we have been doing for years.

smub, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    pctec likes this.
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Don't be so sure..

Mia, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  18. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go to the webmaster world and I dare you to post things like this about authority sites. And mind you-- check Google Official Blog --and see which of the two forums they officially read.

I take you as an adult (if you are a minor -you should not read this).

Tell me-- have you ever had your wife/GF complain of unsatisfied outings???

If not-- you will never understand. There are hundreds of thousands people all over the world who have erec......le problems and it is a disease. But the social stigma, the macho ego does not let people to talk about it much and they suffer silently.

Online is a good thing where one can try to get themselves little bit help and bring in some much needed joy in their marital life without letting their friends know.

And yes-- I reviewed and approved both those sites in my directories they submitted.

Why?

I view them from the opposite your dirty mind views.:rolleyes:

I come from one of the most conservative countries in the world --but still I am very liberal. My govt. started sexual education in schools (to 15-17 yrs old) --about contr.....ives, co....doms, pre-marital rendezvous and their was outcry in my country. The govt had to review the contents of the course and just read yesterdays paper that they will start the course again. I am so happy!

jhnrang, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  19. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Waiting till 15-17 years old is too late for many young women in North America. Anways you have a good point jhnrang about those sites and really it has nothing to do with quality it is more of a moral and values issue. Some folks are still back in the dark-ages and believe that sex or anything associated with it is dirty.

Btw we are way off-topic and bottom line is that nobody still knows if this was even a penalty.

Why you continue to argue with workshot is unknown, you can't win an argument with someone that does not heed logic nor common sense. He has his own agenda and it involves garnering attention through conflict and arguing inane points to the n'th degree.

jg123, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  20. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    This has got nothing to do with morality. What we are talking about here is editorial integrity. The one is link spam and the other MFA. If thats how you define quality one has just got to ask the question. Are any of your sites penalised? :eek:

workshop, Oct 4, 2007 IP