1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is JavaScript is SE Friendly?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ca4nul, Oct 4, 2007.

Hi

we use lot of javascripts in our webpages (specially in ecomm & portal sites) for nice functionality.

i just need your openion that "Is using javascript is SE friendly???" because i have read on several books (should say some reliable resources) that it should be avoided :(

Personally i don't feel any problem using it.

ca4nul, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it hampers the spiders' ability to crawl, then yes, it's a problem. Otherwise, not usually.

frankcow, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  3. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    Search engines cannot execute JavaScript. It is detrimental if you use if for your navigational links and it can be harmful if you load pages up with JavaScript functions. If the pages are loaded with JavaScript, it pushes the content down and can dilute its effectiveness. I sometimes see sites where almost two-thirds of the code on a page is JavaScript.

Make sure that you use text hyperlinks (use CSS for rollover effects) and keep your JavaScript functions in an external file.

TechEvangelist, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  4. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    Depends on the way they use the javascript, some uses javascript for cloaking and creating doorway pages.

boyponga, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  5. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    Java is ignoread by SE`s

Zippo, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  6. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Javascripts are ignored by the SE spiders because they can only read/detect texts. Using scripts won't harm your site, it just blocks some details that might be beneficial for your site...

aira, Oct 5, 2007 IP