1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anti-War 100,000 - Pro-War 400

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Sep 25, 2005.

1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    huh?!??

debunked, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Ferret, you have said before that you don't think the war in iraq is a mistake. Whose side are you on, bro? Do you just not like Bush? :confused:

Blogmaster, Dec 1, 2005 IP
    debunked likes this.
  3. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    sorry i meant

'I didn't realize the citizens of iraq choose to fight islamos, i sort of thought we just turned thier country into battle ground so they had to fight them"

left out a key word

ferret77, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  4. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure when I said that, I have always thought the war in Iraq was a mistake. For like a day or two after they tore down the statue of saddam I thought i was wrong. Now it turns out that was all staged.

I thought and still think the war has more to do with securing oil fields then anything else.

I didn't buy the original reasons to go into Iraq, which was originally because saddam was a threat and had WMD. I have always been interested in chemical and biological warfare, so I have read a bit about it. Most chemical and biological weapons are extremly hard to deliver efficiently, at least most of the old school ones saddam most likely had. So even though they are really deadly, and would be a terrible way to go, in the grand scheme of killing stuff they aren't as scary as they make them out. Not to say they aren't scary but invading a country becasue they have sarin or something. Just seems out of wack, their was a terrorist group in japan who made thier own sarin, call the aum

http://cfrterrorism.org/groups/aumshinrikyo.html

They made their own WMDs and used them on subways,

If the aum can make sarin in japan from legal stuff, we are going to invade a country halfway across the world because they might be making something similiar? It just seems sort of inefficient. What if someone is cooking some shit up in a trailer somewhere in arizona, shouldn't the focus be homeland security?

There is a lot of countries with WMD

http://cns.miis.edu/research/cbw/possess.htm

Can we really invade them all?

Look at the anthrax letters, they killed like 5 people. I could kill more people then that with shotgun from walmart.

So then the was nukes, the mushroom cloud speech. The non existant nuke program.

It jsut didn't seem plausible.

ferret77, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  5. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    then their is this also

So we sell iraq wmd then we invade him because he has WMD?

ferret77, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  6. bigdoug

bigdoug Peon

Best Answers:
    It's like giving the benefit of the doubt to a friend who is always with your wife when you’re not at home. Even though you do not have inexplicable proof they are sleeping together, (which to some may be a conspiracy of your mind to break up the marriage) common-sense by intelligent, street-wise people will dictate the reality. With the advent of the Internet, so many have lost their street wisdom, or don't have it.

1) They are the first to sue when they are the victims of their own stupidity.
    2) They are generally the Devil’s-advocate at parties, even when it is clear the sun is on the horizon.
    3) They attack common sense people who look at facts of life, history of man, and have great intuition in worldly matters, by using the word conspiracy at every turn. This gives them comfort in their decision-making, and allows for a good night’s sleep.
    4) They are never on the forefront of what could be, because they react when it happens.

I guess the Kurds believe in WMD

D

bigdoug, Dec 1, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer and GTech like this.
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Little willy

I was not talking arms parity, it was a response to the fantasy post by bigdoug that suggested they should fight it out like a man.

What are the citizen of Iraq? Aren't they Muslim? How do you separate fascist Muslims from good Muslims? Do you mean if they are working for USA, they are good but if they fight USA then they are fascist? :rolleyes:
    Kind of like when Bin Laden was working for CIA, he was a freedom fighter but now he is a terrorist.

Since you like special forces so much, how many years were you in special forces? What was the name of your unit?

I forget you never served, you are just brave while hiding under your bed. If you knew anything about military, you would have known that there are many type of special forces and in many different countries, so your question is totally stupid unless you are talking about your latest special force game that you got for your xbox.

Little willy, go back to your video game and shoot up all the enemies with your latest special weapon and leave the real world to real men.

gworld, Dec 1, 2005 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    An excellent point.

The Kurds don't get their news from the Liberal media, they got their news from the Iraqi Air Force dropping chemical weapons on them.

Nice. Sometimes we forget the straightforward things in life.

Will.Spencer, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Read your own post again.

You don't. You put everyone into two camps:

1. Those that are shooting at 1) us, 2) our allies, 3) civilians.
    2. Others.

Why is this so bloody difficult for you to understand?

Oh my, please tell me that you are not stupid enough to actually believe that.

What insane lies you spew!

Stupid question, as you well know that I was otherwise engaged during those years of my life. I chose comp. sci. over the military as a career field. It was a choice, and it was the right choice for myself and my family at that time.

I was also never a doctor, but that does not mean that I deride doctors or the important work that they do.

Our soldiers are good people who are doing very important work for the future of all mankind.

All of us who benefit from their work -- you, me, everyone -- owe our soldiers a debt of gratitude for the hard work they are doing and the sacrifices they are making to create a better world for us, for the entire worlds, and for future generations yet to come.

You are simply too much of a slimeball to pay the debt of gratitude which you owe.

Gworld, you are a complete ignoramus, and you seem to enjoy wallowing in your ignorance. There are many special operations units, but when one says "Special Forces", one is clearly referring to one specific unit.

Now, why don't you go try to research the answer. The research will be good for you.

Will.Spencer, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  10. brk

brk Guest

Best Answers:
    Will replied appropriately.

Nevertheless, if the Convention of Geneva says s**t, it does just that, don't even think I am going to accept any of it.

But listen to Will.

After all, how many really believe it's a war and at the same time don't hate Bush?

It's prob all about hating Bush, the Americans, money (if and when in somebody else's hands of course), or some Islamic brainwash in action.

brk, Dec 2, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  11. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    oh yeah I really feel like I lost my street wisdom due to the internet, and some how if I blindly followed the republican party it would come back

Here is the faults with the kurds arguement

1) We sold iraq the weapons to do it

2) It happenend 20 years ago and we didn't care then and did nothing about it

3) The war is supposed to be to protect america not avenge a massacre from 20 years ago

Did you not read this part doug

ferret77, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  12. brk

brk Guest

Best Answers:
    That convinces me further that there are WMD somewhere in Iraq or in neighbouring countries.

But I don't think that it really matters.

brk, Dec 2, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  13. brk

brk Guest

Best Answers:
    BTW, I just realised that things are actually improving in the middle-east, thanks to the late foreign policy of the Bush-Blair alliance.

Syria is caving in, (maybe some WMD could pop-up, don't block them with your browser :)), Libya is becoming or trying to become friendly with the western world, Israel is trying harder than ever to avoid further fighting, Iran is so worried that things are developing that way that they are trying to obstruct the course of democracy feeding terrorists, lately even more in the southern regions of Iraq.
    Afghanistan was even easier, I wonder why terrosrists are not so active there!

Oh yes, I know! It's because there isn't any oil!

LOL, so it's not the Americans the only ones after that oil, or maybe it's not them at all, as rather than getting it as a resource, they would prob appreciate some stable production of that and the consequent availablility in an open market, instead before only the embargo cheaters would really benefit from it as it was made available to them by Saddam in exchange for weapons and money.

brk, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Little willy

I am not in to video games, never felt that I need to feel like a man by shooting people in a video game. If I have time, I will try to go to the toy store and see what is the latest game and it's motto that you are referring to, so I have done my research as you want me to.
    In the mean time, be a good boy and play with your xbox and leave the real world to real men. don't forget real guns are dangerous and not for playing.

gworld, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  15. brk

brk Guest

Best Answers:
    Tell terrorists!

brk, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    All this banter and copy/paste super wit coming from someone who lives in a country that lets people get away with murdering teenagers. Lovely... I think we all see where you are coming from.

Mia, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We had 600 homicides in Canada last year, would you like to tell us how many homicides was in USA? :rolleyes:
    Why do you think that we have a lower rate of homicide in Canada without the need to execute anyone?

gworld, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  18. brk

brk Guest

Best Answers:
    Exclude illegal immigrants and opportunistic ones, that are illegal in my view as much and prob more than the other ones.

And anyway, there isn't enough people to give the same chances for a murder.

Also, it's too bloody cold up there to even think of pulling out a finger on a trigger! :)

God save the Queen.

brk, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You have a population of around 30 million people. DUH!!!

We have a population of around 300 million. Think about it genius.

Murder rates in Canada are generally about third of that of the US, yet you do not seem to have a "third" of the population of the US. Going by those numbers, looks to me like Canada has a higher rate of murder than the US, per captia, by population anyway.

Your point as usual is what?

Mia, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  20. brk

brk Guest

Best Answers:
    Cannibals: CAN-adiaN l-IB-er-ALS

Sounds good...:)

brk, Dec 3, 2005 IP