1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Christian churches use Jewish symbols to to convert Jews to Jesus

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by KeithCash, Oct 2, 2007.

KeithCash, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  2. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    pizzaman, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  3. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This isn't new. In the past people converted pagan festivals to ostensibly Christian celebrations to attract the unbelievers. One example is Christmas - it has absolutely nothing to do with Christ.

frankcow, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  4. KeithCash

KeithCash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, your right, that is what they did with all pagen holidays.

Cheers

KeithCash, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  5. DomainMaster

DomainMaster Banned

Best Answers:
    it's all for the sake of one religion: judeochristianity. They're preparing us for "the alleged second coming of Christ" which is really the Anti-Christ.

DomainMaster, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  6. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    proteindude, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  7. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who really are the Jews? The Jews have the Law and the Prophets. Are they keeping the Law? No, no human could. Have they embraced all of the prophecies including the 300 messianic ones that arguably point to Jesus? No.

So, I'd argue that those who are evangelizing the Jews are only helping incomplete Jews to become completed.

tbarr60, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  8. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Exactly what knowledge of Jewish law do you have that allows you to come to such a presumptuous conclusion?

That's because the apocalypse, which is what the Jews state clearly is what is supposed to happen with the coming of the real Messiah, did not happen. Thus there is no argument that anything points to Jesus than it does any other person who has claimed he is/was the final redeemer.

slinky, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  9. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a very well known group that is highly funded. They regularly preach all over New York City and their trademark is in passing out literature that looks, feels and acts Jewish in every way. It is designed to trick Jews into believing that message is coming from one of their own and attract their attention and then impart a message that if their own kind believe that Jesus was the Messiah, so should you. Frequently the names on the pamphlets are all classical Jewish names. They have many missionaries who approach people on the street handing out literature in areas where Jewish people are more densely populated.

The "twist" they use is that they claim to be Jews who merely believe in Jesus - which is "technically" what all Christians are or were but in doing so they are denying the tenets of Judaism so you're not really believing in the Jewish theology. It's a person's right to believe what they want but the belief in one or the other is mutually exclusive despite the similarity of origin.

slinky, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  10. carl_in_florida

carl_in_florida Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have met lots of Jews who have come to know that Jesus is the Messiah. What's interesting is that as soon as a person does this, many fellow Jews consider the person to no longer to be a Jew. Buddist? No problem! Involved in New Age (which the Torah calls witchcraft and worthy of death), no problem! Don't attend shool, skip the high holy days, no fasting on Yom Kippo, who cares? Jesus is the messiah? I'll sit shivah for you. gimme a break. Seems the only tenets of Judaism these days is don't be a Christian and eat gefilte fish.

carl_in_florida, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Christians are lying, deceptive frauds? Nooooo, Really!?!

stOx, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  12. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is that I have known some Christians who joined Jews for Jesus despite the fact that they are not Jewish and have never been Jewish. It would kind of be like me saying that I'm a Republican for Ralph Nader in an attempt to get GOP votes for a candidate that does not share many views with the GOP. Deception in the name of religion is not right, in my opinion. My family is Christian, by the way.

davewashere, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  13. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not presumptuous enough to think that I could keep a part of the law or even one of the ten commandments. Do you know anyone who keeps all of the law or even one of the ten commandments? Do you know anyone who ha never lied?

The Jews state or the scriptures state? You should, if you dare, do a search for "prophecies of messiah" and review a portion of them. Location of birth, where he was called from, what he was known as, method of death, his relation to David, and on and on go well beyond the realm of coincidence.

If you were unaware that is great, if you are just choosing to reject that was foreseen:

tbarr60, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  14. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JC fulfilled the law, so according to Paul's letters, it technically is no longer valid. That doesn't mean we still shouldn't try to follow it though.

d16man, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  15. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True, it's primary purpose now is to show us the need for a Savior. I like how Ray Comfort presents the law in Hell's Best Kept Secret.

tbarr60, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  16. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I do know many people in NY who try to keep all the laws. That's the point. Some are much more successful than others. I doubt there is "perfection" in any religion and the point is to try to reach being as close as possible to it.

And if you look at other facts, e.g. the works of Josephus amongst numerous other items, the proof goes far in the other direction. Jesus was not the first to claim he was Messiah and there is a history of other revolts. What is interesting is how much was written after his death but how little is written during the time the events allegedly occurred.

There are many people who believe that those who wish to see what they want to see will see it and deny the other facts that seem to point in the other direction. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and respect that.

slinky, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  17. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Who exactly was Paul? Was he one of the Jewish Judicial Supreme Court consisting of the most devout Jewish Rabbis or was he an apostle who said this was the case? The Jews claim he was a false Messiah so someone else claiming that he is doesn't hold water. Respectfully, it's an opinion by someone who disagrees with the Jewish perspective.

slinky, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  18. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Apocalypse, or Revelation, wasn't supposed to take place with the coming of the Messiah. The fulfillment dates much later, to our time in fact.

frankcow, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  19. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    From what source are you quoting?

slinky, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  20. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    The book "Malachi" is one of the three sources of where Jewish law is based upon, the "Old Testament", the "Prophets" and the "Writings" which are also historical and contain teachings.

In Malachi 3:23-24, we read that Elijah will return at the time of the Messiah:

"23: Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the L-RD.

24: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers; lest I come and smite the land with utter destruction."

Here is some more good reading material. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I believe that. But these are the reasons why Jews have their opinion that Jesus was not who Christians say he is and couldn't be.

http://www.aish.com/spirituality/philosophy/Why_Dont_Jews_Believe_In_Jesus$.asp

Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:

1) Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.

2) Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.

3) Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.

4) Jewish belief is based on national revelation.

5) Christianity contradicts Jewish theology

Here's more of the same if that didn't explain it:

http://ohr.edu/ask/ask00j.htm

slinky, Oct 4, 2007 IP