1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to move out of Godaddy

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by jasonsc, Oct 3, 2007.

I am moving a part of my domain portfolio that I have at Godaddy out. I can't trust them with anything anymore. They are fine as long as everything goes ok, but once something goes wrong (and in my case it was a fault in THEIR system) they are an absolute nightmare. They are ignoring me completly and I am moving out around 100 names.

Any idea where to move them? Need some nice and relible registrar, my sites are my main source of income and I can not rely on such a low life registrar like Godaddy is.

My advice is just stay away from Godaddy, I never thought something like this will happen to me, but it did and I want to get out ASAP. Will explain everything once my domains are safe and far away from them.

jasonsc, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  2. dtm

dtm Banned

Best Answers:
    Enom is very good.

and namecheap is ok.

dtm, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    jasonsc likes this.
  3. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100% with you about godaddy. I had big problems with godaddy too. Stay away.
    I moved everything to namecheap.

login, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    jasonsc likes this.
  4. Digitalguy

Digitalguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap is my preferred domain registrar :) BTW it's a pain in the ass to transfer domain names out of Godaddy. My old registerfly domain names are still stuck in Godaddy.

Digitalguy, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    jasonsc likes this.
  5. jasonsc

jasonsc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    namechep it is, i am transfering most important domains out right now.

People stay away from godaddy, don't say you haven't been warned when something goes wrong

jasonsc, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    Digitalguy likes this.
  6. jasonsc

Best Answers:
    oh yes, and don't think I am a spammer, copyright violator or anything like that. I am a custumer who spent at least $100 per month at godaddy (last few months over $300). I never did anything against the law or even agains their TOS, I just had bad luck with their system, that has a flaw in it, but they don't want to admit it and refund me.

I will report them to BBB and appropriate authorities, but I want my domains out first.

I lost over $500 because of this and I will probably loose more, but I will not rest until the truth gets out and they pay what they own me bacause of their mistakes.

jasonsc, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  7. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap is probably the #2 preffered registrar on DP after Godaddy, so its good you're going with them.

Be sure to update us on what happened.

tushardhoot1, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    jasonsc likes this.
  8. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    Zippo, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  9. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, their system have a couple of big flaws under certain circumstances. They would never admit anything, they are to big for that. They are just VERY arrogant those idiots.

login, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  10. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    Isnt your bad luck, is Godaddy feeling "i am the best, i dont care about a little boy", and, with this ideas they made their services a nightmare for users !

Zippo, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  11. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is so true. In addition to that their control panel is terrible.

login, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  12. rknuppel

rknuppel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No problems with godaddy as of yet... Not good that they are tough to work with! Good luck!

rknuppel, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  13. jasonsc

Best Answers:
    exactly. Be warned, if you are a professional webmster or just serious about your websites, this can happen and probably will happen one day to you. I was going around saying how happy I am with godaddy and everything, suggested godaddy to everyone, but now it happend to me and it's a nightmare I should have avoided at first place. I even went and transfered lots of domains from other registrars to them, now I am getting them out. At least I get an extra year for that, but along with the money they already took from me because of THEIR mistakes, I am not too happy about it.

One thing is for sure, from now on they can expect nothing but bad publicity from me.

Oh yes, and Namechep is CHEAPER than godaddy! They charge only 8.88 per domain PRIVACY INCLUDED!

jasonsc, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  14. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    I prefer NameCheap; not only do they offer a great support but they are very understandable; and help you out very well. It also comes with a great, user-friendly control panel, so you can manage your own domains, NameCheap always offers free whois protection with new registrations, can't get better than that :)

Regards,
    Meti

WatchOut, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  15. GMROCKS

GMROCKS Active Member

Best Answers:
    namecheap is an enom reseller (which would be a nice idea to be since there is 100+ domains).

so you could try enom or namecheap.

GMROCKS, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  16. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    We cant talk about CONTROL PANEL in Godaddy, maybe about NIGHTMARE PANEL

Zippo, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  17. jkrish41

jkrish41 Banned

Best Answers:
    Namecheap is the best, and the don't give a hassle if your trying to transfer domains out like godaddy does.

jkrish41, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  18. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    When moving, try to deal with the new registrar for a discount! If is about 100 dom`.... But i am not sure you will be able to take domains from them. I tried to do that 3 days ago, and the results was NOTHING. I just removed my account and lost domains. Maybe i am wrong, but when i push "ACCEPT" a nice message appeared "you will go to checkout" Looks like ppls shoul pay for leaving? Nice ! pay when u come, pay when u leave. Only some persons who have the job on the street proceed in this way!
    No offence, its my opinion

Zippo, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  19. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So far I am very satisfied with dynadot !

iatbm, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  20. moneymoguls

moneymoguls Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been with midphase for 3 years. They are reasonable and have awesome tech support. I have not had any problems with them at all. They're great!

I only register domains with directnic.com

moneymoguls, Oct 3, 2007 IP