1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

219% jump in ranking & 400 percent in visitor traffic. Good?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Alevoor, Oct 3, 2007.

Hi,

My new site on health care has seen figures like 219% jump in ranking & 400 percent in visitor traffic in just over 2 months. (Alexa image below)

I haven't done (Still unfinished sections) enough sections and the whole website isn't completely optimized, apparently.

I have submitted about 7-10 articles for backlinking and frankly nothing in the last 4-6 weeks. (my BL count is about 165) But I am seeing some traffic and some CTR too on the deeper pages. What surprises me is how on earth an unfinished job score so fast? It is unbelievable, but gives me hopes to work harder.

Would it have done better if the pages were better looking? I request comments on whether to adapt the home page design to all inner pages or change the looks as a whole.
    [​IMG]

Please comment.

Alevoor, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  2. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    see there is no connection with good looking design and search ranking. design will matter if your page size is going to increase. but one thing is there, if your design is attractive than people who visit your site may purchase your product or click to other pages.

seojig, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  3. Dal

Dal Peon

Best Answers:
    BOOYA! "He hit this one out of the park"

Dal, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  4. TextLinkCenter

TextLinkCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never linked to a cheap piece of junk. I've linked to all kinds of useful sites.

Brandon

TextLinkCenter, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  5. SolomonZhang

SolomonZhang Peon

Best Answers:
    He means no matter how beautiful your site design is, it's not going to affect your ranking on search engine.

SolomonZhang, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  6. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Design has no connection to rankings except that it decides how long your visitor stays on the site and that affects your ctr

COBSolutions, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  7. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    No disputes about that. I have never raised it as a point in this thread. The point is one of how an unfinished site can get into fast motion. Does it mean that
    • the site is satisfactory SEO wise
    • I am going in the right direction
    • do backlinks from article directories matter so much

I will be pleased to see answers in this direction.
    Thanks

Alevoor, Oct 4, 2007 IP