1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTB - I have a one million dollar budget to buy your site

Discussion in 'Sites' started by session99, Oct 1, 2007.

I'm looking for established websites and will be willing to pay the standard ~10 months revenue.

I have 1 million dollars in budget, but that doesn't mean I'll have to be spending my entire budget. Sure, if you have a site that's generating several thousands of dollars a day or an alexa top 500 I'll certainly consider my full $1M budget, but I'll be more than happy to consider any site that's generating at least $1000 per month.

Please note again that I'm mainly looking to pay the standard ~10 months revenue.

Thanks

session99, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  2. nick-a

nick-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sitepoint might be a better option for you..

nick-a, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  3. lightstarm2k

lightstarm2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    yeah, go to sitepoint for premium site for sale :D

lightstarm2k, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  4. llaw11

llaw11 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $1M can really have a lot of buying options which includes all the premium sites!

Explore more options and you sure can find a good one/s around..:)

llaw11, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  5. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmmm. Can I ask where you got this idea that 10 months is "standard", especially when there are several people here and in SP advertising 24x and more?

Foggy, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  6. session99

session99 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    For those who are saying SP, please note that I have checked it every day for the last half a year and I have not yet come across a single site there that looks good for purchase. Since I'm bored, I just loaded up the Premium Sites For Sale at Sitepoint and here's the entire first page of premium sites and why none of them cut it:

seller web-media: site has been established for way too short. Revenue looks even more suspicious based on number of visitors

vamphost: site requires too much involved work + sales are based on ebay, no good

jeremyrde: Less than 1k/month

jg123: Less than 1k/mo

82media.com: no interests or knowledge in webdesigning

lackeroom: site has been established for less than a month

muvasco: Less than 1k/mo

Factpile: Less than 1k/mo

ushernu: site doesn't even load

GurillaNET: Less than 1k/mo

tank6b: Less than 1k/mo

jambrklyn: price too high

alex_bonillas: price way too high

On Holiday: Very little traffic

snmedia: Less than 1k/mo

ezytrak: Less than 1k/mo

vipmodel: no revenue

LaunchDotcom: no revenue

sizzler_chetan: don't want web directories

mikey1090: site deindexed by google. No good

webjulie: Less than 1k/mo

DJardine: site has no identifiable source of traffic. Organic traffic looks terrible.

WebbyMedia: no revenue

Geraldm: Less than 1k/mo

itguys: site has not been updated in almost 2 years. Barely any traffic currently

Yep - that's the entire first page. Again, I've been looking on SP every day for the last 6 months and I have not come across anything I was truly interested in buying. I'm hoping someone on DP has something to offer that fits my idea of a buyable site. Again I have a very high buget ($1Mil), I'm just looking for the right site.

7. session99

session99 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Note that even though sellers may ask for more than 10 months revenue, it doesn't mean that they will actually find a buyer to sell to for the price they advertised.

10 months revenue is standard as it's what most sites sell for. Some sites do sell for more than 10 months income, some do sell for less than 10 months income. But if you take every single site that has ever been sold and gather up the data, the median is about 10 months revenue.

8. landexcorp

landexcorp Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    landexcorp, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  9. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am not sure you are going to find anyone looking to unload a great earning site for 10 months profit... (or even revenue!).

It is just not a good business decision... unless of course they are in dire need of some fast cash... or their site is just not that stable...

If you want to get some folks interested... try offering 24-30 months revenue. I bet you get some better quality sites coming out of the woodworks....

It is also why (in my opinion) you rarely see the big earning sites being sold/listed... because the owners have a hard time parting with them... and the buyers don't want to pay what it is worth to the owners... so they'd rather hold on to them...

Good luck!

Sockmoney, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  10. gingeman

gingeman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You are asking for more than you will get for the money you are offering. Why do you think you haven't found anything in 6 months searching? 10 months is not a multiple anyone with a well established, stable, easy to manage site would ever consider selling for, unless they were desperate for some quick cash, in which case the site would be snapped up immediately anyway. Sites selling for this multiple would not fulfil what you are looking for IMHO.

gingeman, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  11. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry but could you guys stop spamming this thread. The guy want's to buy and if you don't want to sell DO NOT POST...

Emperor, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  12. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    I agree with the above coments, with a $1million dollar budget you could get a good unique site along with a team of designers, scripters, SEO, etc.

And to top it all off you could have a nice budget for advertising, IMO usually you buy a good established site when you need the cash / earnings and can't really afford or be bothered launching the sucker .... and you have the cash so if I were you I'd get a team together and build something unique and start fresh.....

Then again if I had one million big ones, I would be quitting this business and retiring, buying a house or two, get a boat, go on a holiday....

thsadmin, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah I didn't want to seem like I was bashing the thread but I was thinking the exact same thing. And it's probably why you haven't found a site to buy in over half a year. Anyone owning a site that earns over $1k per month at the criteria you are demanding (ease of use, operation, etc) would be quite foolish to sell for only 10x revenue and in fact if they did they'd have 3 or 4 people offering them more than 10x revenue pretty quickly.......

Just stating that you have an impressive budget is not enough to get someone to sell you their site for less than it's worth. Especially when there are plenty of people who will pay more even without a million dollar budget ;)

GeorgeB., Oct 1, 2007 IP
  14. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Uh what's your definition of spam? Were our comments really that unrelated?

I was just trying to help the guy... if he really has 1 million dollars and wants to buy a well-established site... he should know most folks are not going to sell a well-established site for 10 months revenue... which I think others are in agreement with me...

Sockmoney, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  15. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Agreed - but it gets the post a free bump ;) and it's valuable information besides.

Perhaps your thread will attract the attention of some folks around DP known to have some high earnings sites/networks (spdude, foggy etc.) but I doubt they will want to part with anything at 10 months revenue.

Check out http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=401885

I also peruse the premium sites for sale on SP, and although nothing has piqued my interest lately, I have seen a few good investments over the last few months. Perhaps if you clarified what kind of site you are looking for, it would help you find a potential seller.

Good luck with your hunting!
    tasty

tastysites, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  16. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have many sites earning X,xxx per month, but I wouldn't even bother selling for 10x revenue.

I am looking at 2-4 years revenue for them. Some I wouldn't take any less then 5+.

If you can raise your budget (10x mo rev), let me know.

FanAddict, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  17. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One more thought as I consider this thread:

If you have been looking for sites for the last 6 months, imagine if you had worked on building a site during that time instead.

6 months @ 5 days a week = approximately 120 working days.
    Let's say (for arguments sake) you only worked 100 of them.
    100 days @ 2 pages of web content (written by you) a day = 200 webpages, a very decent-sized content site. And you could be earning revenue from that right now.

Now, obviously you are not looking to start from scratch, but you could be purchasing alot of web content for $1Mio to build your own empire, rather than acquire one.

Hope all goes well for you!
    tasty

tastysites, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  18. hyprovision

hyprovision Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Buy out google ;o

Sorry just had to say that :(

hyprovision, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  19. malayuem

malayuem Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what your site URL
    I'm interested

malayuem, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  20. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's a good point. There are sites selling in SP, and here in DP, everyday. If he hasn't found anything it may have to do with the expectation of getting a quality site for 10x.

session99, I don't want to hijack your thread or anything but I pay 24x for quality sites and in some cases I pay a lot more. I'm not the only one. As tastysites points out, there is also spdude, a reputable buyer who has been using SP and DP, like me, for many years. And there are others here. From someone with my experience, I fear that looking for this seven course gourmet meal for the price of a McDonald's fries may be a hugely unprofitable exercise for you.

Foggy, Oct 1, 2007 IP