1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is Adsense trying to screw me?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by christian231, Sep 30, 2007.

Not that we all haven't been juiced by Adsense, but lately I'm making absolutely nothing on my clicks. Granted, I'm not getting a ton of them, but I'll have 4 clicks on 400 pageviews, and it will be a whopping $.47....not per click, FORTY SEVEN CENTS TOTAL!

So I know I'm being smart priced, but I've got several pages ranked well in Google and other SE's. Those of you who are in the same boat...what can I do to get my eCPM up? Cause $.47 ain't cutting it for the work I'm putting in.

christian231, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  2. speedster

speedster Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best way is to add more relevant content to your pages. It also depends on what niche you're in.

speedster, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  3. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Peon

Best Answers:
    0.47 for 4 clicks isn't unheard of...

Chad Sexington, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  4. pluto459

pluto459 Active Member

Best Answers:
    heck

thats better than i am getting 7 clicks for .39

pluto459, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  5. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't add any more relevant content...my entire blog is about golf...and my ads that come up are golf related...I don't know what else I can do. I've got number 1 google position for several golf related key phrases. My blog is only a month old, so maybe that's the issue.

Oh sure...make me feel bad now! ;)

6. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried to optimize your ads better?

ForgottenCreature, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  7. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Add TLA or Kontera to create additional channels of income. And try to get more readership, your site is new so you are just at the beginning.

seo4china, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  8. mygolfbuddy

mygolfbuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    TLA or Kontera, what are those? I guess I'll have to "google" them to find out.

mygolfbuddy, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  9. christian231

Best Answers:
    I haven't figured out the whole Adesense filtering.....if someone has a good explanation of it's workings that would be great...if it's even something that would help my sitch. Thanks.

10. SKULL

SKULL Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Blend your adds better , red just says click me click me, and it just pops out to much, blend them and try moving your ads around in diffrent perstions.

SKULL, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  11. bvtonedog

bvtonedog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that actually isn't that bad 47 cents on 400 impressions? I have some sites I wish would do that well. looking at a $1.17 eCPM. You just need to bring in more traffic and it would be earning nicely.

bvtonedog, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They don't owe you a living.

stOx, Sep 30, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  13. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    Were you making more than 10 cents a click before?

If not, then you probably aren't smart priced. 10 cents a click is average or above average.

add_cents, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  14. christian231

Best Answers:
    See that's what I thought too...but it wasn't getting much action, so I read here on DP that people say to use a standout color for the title...every time I turn around, someone saying "this works do this" and then it's the complete opposite is the key...Trial and error I guess. I haven't figured it out yet.

I know...but I'm working hard for their advertisers who pay them good money...Google should show some love. ;)

I've been getting anywhere from 4-10 clicks a day and making say $3-$5 a day on those clicks...it seems like now I'm struggling get eCPM's that are over a couple bucks.

15. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    0.45 for 4 clicks is not that bad. click value is also depends on your niche if its a low paying niche you cant do much about it than get your CTR high.

bluearrow, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  16. kkrizka

kkrizka Peon

Best Answers:
    There are good days, and there are bad days. I'm guessing the whole process is bell curved. Also make sure you are only displaying 1 adsense unit per page, so only the high paying ads are available for clicking.

kkrizka, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  17. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    That's good advice.

Unfortunately, I can't use it on my site because my pages are really long. Most people click on the ads at the bottom because they don't scroll back up after reading the articles.

I do recommend cutting down the ads from 3 to 2. I did that, and my CPC raised.

add_cents, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  18. kkrizka

kkrizka Peon

Best Answers:
    Kontera is one of those inline ads. Like those things that turn specific words of your text into links, and when you hover over them a balloon pops up. They don't pay as much, but the results vary. Just look around this forum for many topics on the company. Also if you are running a WordPress blog, you might want to try my Kontera Integration plugin.

Text Link Ads is a program where you sell your ads directly to the advertiser for a flat rate. For example the ads on my blog go for $15/month. However you need to do some work (ei: contact others) to get some advertisers.

kkrizka, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  19. christian231

Best Answers:
    So the consensus is that this is normal and just get my butt in gear and generate some more traffic? I've changed the ads around if anyone cares to look...http://www.tourgolfblog.com

And I've taken it down to 2 ads per page...square at the top, square below last article. We'll see how she does.

20. kkrizka

kkrizka Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that the square at the bottom will do much good, because it's way below all the content. I don't think anyone will ever see it. You might want to try making your template a bit wider, and adding an ad block into the post.

kkrizka, Sep 30, 2007 IP