1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing & ClickBank - My Documented Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Ponynugget, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Day 27 & 28 - September 26th & 27th, 2007

I spent the past couple of days building another blog. Again, I'm pretty happy with it -- I put up an opt-in mailing list form on the blog and have written a 10 emails. One email will be sent to the user every day (containing info. and affiliate links).

[​IMG]

I woke up yesterday to find that my link clicks had actually decreased. They went down from 243 to 223. I'm not too sure why it happened, so I'll just assume that EZA had a small hiccup.

Ponynugget, Sep 27, 2007 IP
    TheSyndicate and pixeladd like this.
  2. TheWriter

TheWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    great work keep it up .

Is affiliate sales still at 1?

TheWriter, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  3. dcantini

dcantini Peon

Best Answers:
    hey ponynugget or anyone else, can someone pm me with help because my article on eza wasnt accepted and im not sure what this means
    We will only accept articles which forward/redirect to an affiliate link
    from the top-level of a domain name you own. For example, it is permissible
    to forward to an affiliate link from:

http://your-company-name.com/

...but it would not be permissible to forward to an affiliate link from:

http://your-company-name.com/page.html
    http://your-company-name.com/subdirectory/
    http://your-company-name.com/subdirectory/page.html

Please edit the article and remove any and all affiliate or distributor
    links.

does this mean i need my own website for the clickbank item im marketing, i dont understand,, sorry if this was too long or stupid

dcantini, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  4. RockDiesel

RockDiesel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, with EZA you need your own domain name, you can't link directly to the product with your affiliate link.

Many people buy a domain name and forward it to their affiliate link.

If you don't want to do that then I would recommend going with GoArticles.com because they allow you directly link to your affiliate link

RockDiesel, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  5. Sutocu

Sutocu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you can often get domains for like $1 from the domain sales section, I think getting domains, and using EZA is a better tactic. They have more visitors.

Sutocu, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  6. armen

armen Banned

Best Answers:
    armen, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  7. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ponynugget, how are your target keywords doing as a result of this in the SERPs? Are you still at one sale?

jquindlen, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  8. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have a nice list of places where to submit and where people actully take articles from? A nice list with PR and Alexa maybe?

TheSyndicate, Sep 28, 2007 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  9. d0rhk

d0rhk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.google.com

d0rhk, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  10. Tazer Dude

Tazer Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why is'nt this a sticky?
    I come here alomost everyday to read this post. It is a work in progress and the author seems like he is in it for the long haul...

I say sticky this...anybody else agree with me?

Tazer Dude, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  11. ghostwriteranon

ghostwriteranon Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd agree sticky it. This has got to be one of the most informative and inspiring threads I have ever read. Although I am new here I am a frequent visitor of other forums too - so I have read a lot!

Ponynugget you are so brave putting up your progress on here but I'm sure all the support must be a great boost and you have inspired so many people to start article marketing as well. Your determination is catching!

Helen Doherty
    GhostwriterAnon.com

ghostwriteranon, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  12. kromit

kromit Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to link directly to the sales page of the product you are an affiliate of, you will need a domain that redirects there from the top level. But I would recommend you set up a Squidoo lens and do some PREselling, i.e. compare two products to one another. Visitors can then visit your Squidoo lens from your EzA article and from there click on to the sales page.

PREselling works better than linking directly to a sales page anyway. People want to read reviews and "unbiased" opinions before they buy (you would too, wouldn't you?).

Hope that helps
    Tom

kromit, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  13. kromit

kromit Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw that in my EzA account too, so it wasn't just you. Maybe their tracking system has a glitch...

Tom

kromit, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  14. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey good effort. Keep going, you WILL succeed if you continue.

But I agree witht he other post about optin list. Look, all you have to do is email one of your new articles to your list every 3 days and that'll keep your list warm and fuzzy. And of course you can then submit that same artile for publishing too.

When you're ready you can promote other products too. But guess what, your list will sell you more of your products than your site or blog.

Think about it: new visitors only make an instant decision inside a minute whether to buy or not and then they're gone. YOur optin list will keep getting exposed to your product offers forever, as long as you send them informative articles.

You can even pack 10 - 20 of your articles at a time into PDF reports and offer your list a new $5 report every 5 days or so. It makes sense because that's the info they're already after when they join and stay on your list.

To entice more people to join your list you could offer then one of these PDF reports, free.

ALso get someone with a good voice to read each report and record it as an MP3 audio. People interested in your topic will love it as a freebie for opting in. This'll boost your list enormously coz audio and video is exploding on the web and demand is tremendous.

AND you can sell the other audios for $7 or even $17. There're people making a fortune out of just this.

Your articles are a growing gold mine. Capitalise on them now. The sooner you boost your income the more incentive you'll have to continue and the sooner you'll kick your day job and live online.

Good luck and keep going.
    Samo

Samo, Sep 28, 2007 IP
    MorgansMom likes this.
  15. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always write informative articles to gain and keep your readers' trust.

If you're wrting an article that you'll be emailing to your list, you can place a small ad at the top and bottom of your article or even in the middle, but no more than 2 places out of the 3.

If you're wrting an aritcle to submit to articles directories, you cannot plug your affiliate products or anything else in the body of your article. Instead you can place a short messge and a link in the "author's bio" at the bottom of the article.

For more info on the author's bio, go to EzineArticles.com, GoArticles.com or ArticleCity.com etc and just read some of the articles and see the author's bio. Also read the guidlines about the author's bio in each of those sites.

While you're there do a search for "article marketing", "author's bio" and "affiliate links in articles" and see what comes up.

YOu could also search for "wrting articles" and learn about writing articles too.

Samo

Samo, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  16. d0rhk

d0rhk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot for your help :D

d0rhk, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  17. Ritu

Ritu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Culd you guys explain more closely "Part 2" method?

Ritu, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  18. Ponynugget

Ponynugget Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks once again for the kind words of encouragement all! I really appreciate it.

Yes, I'm still at one sale. I'm trying not to let the lack of sales discourage me -- I know they'll come in time if I keep writing. :)

Day 29 & 30 - September 28th & 29th, 2008

[​IMG]

I was out all night tonight as I was invited to a night of Halo 3 & pizza. I gave Halo 3 a go but really couldn't get into it, so I busted out my phone and loaded up Word Mobile and yes -- you guessed it -- I starting writing articles. For those wondering, I'm not an anti-social person, it's just that my mates were really only interesting in playing the game for 5 hours straight. Anyway, I managed to write 4 articles on my phone which I'll retype and submit in the morning.

I've got 6 more submissions left before I'm eligible for an account upgrade. So far, there's been no issues with any of my articles, so hopefully I'll get Platinum this time.

Ponynugget, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  19. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really want you to earn a lot of money out of this... You are putting in a huge effort.

Swerd, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  20. d0rhk

d0rhk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah really.. i wish i had this much determination.. :p

keep up the amazing work!

and youre going to have to teach me how to write articles so fast :p

I wrote 2 and it took me around 2 hours total :(

d0rhk, Sep 29, 2007 IP