1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do improvePR of this site?

Discussion in 'Google' started by maxthepirate, Sep 26, 2007.

Hi I have a site: www.yourelement.net
    and Im trying to increase my PR but its not working, are there any methods Im not using? Please check out the site and tell me, thankyou.
    Max

maxthepirate, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  2. zxlk21e

zxlk21e Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google hasn't updated PR in ages, so you're first of all going to have to wait until they do. In the meantime, get a ton of relevant incoming links with good anchor text.

zxlk21e, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  3. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
  4. razareal

razareal Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is your best way:
    Improve Your Google PageRank
    Simple Steps to Improve Your Google PageRank
    1. Valid Code : The HTML/XHTML for the site should be valid. Easily checked at the validators. Use HTML Validation Service ; CSS Validation Service

2. Title Pages Properly : Search engines can only read a portion of a long title. Stay in the 60-90 characters, 10-20 words range.. The sitename + keywords should be upfront.

3. Tags - Name and Keyword : Use proper meta tags - though their importance has decreased in the past few years.

4. Sitemap : If your site has lots of folders and subfolders, then the site should have a sitemap with major site tree structures linked. So that search-engine robots can traverse the tree.

5. CSS Content and Navigation Properly : Use CSS to place your content before navigation elements on your page. This will avoid the navigation element snippets showing up on search engine site desciptions.

6. Read up Google Information for Webmasters : Google has a section for the most frequently asked questions from webmasters. See Google Information for Webmasters

7. Add Site URL to Google : All search engines have "Add a Site" link - add your URL for thier robots to visit. See Google Add URL

8. Unique Content : The site should have unique content not easily available on other pre-existing very popular sites. It is very difficult to displace heavily-linked highly popular existing sites.

9. Keywords : Keywords relevant to the content on the site. You'll hear terms like keyword density and keyword distribution - that means the number of keyword terms per page - which could be incorporated into page titles, headings, sub-headings and content.

10. Inbound links from other relevant Sites. : The site should have other sites linking to it. Not all inbound links are equal. Sites which are highly ranked themselves are more important than lower ranked sites. Avoid services that add to linkfarms on lots of pages.

11. Inbound links from Blogs : Multiple blog links to a given page can very quickly increase that single page's ranking. Since blogs quote a portion of your text on their pages, your page will get a high ranking for that snippet.

12. Blogger : Start a blog at blogger. Edit the template to include a link to your own site on every page. Blog regularly about your industry. See Blogger

13. Pay-Per-Click Use AdSense. If you are going to pay for traffic, you'll have to experiment with keywords and prices and the actions people take after arriving on your site. There are no magic formulas to price. One thing you can do is to strip away all extraneous information from the landing page so that the user has only the desired path to take/action to perform when they come to your site - be it signing up for a newsletter or buying that widget.

14. Google Sitemap Beta : Submit you sitemap to Google sitemaps for possible visit. No harm in making it easier for Google to visit you. See Google Sitemaps Information

15. Avoid SEO Services Lots of people/companies are offering this. Think about it. Only one site can be #1 for any given keyword. Only 10 on the first page. Google learns from people's searches. If a site reaches rank #1 by crook, and more people click the rank #2 site when they search for the keyword, Google reverses the positions and the site quickly drops out of the first page. People are voting by their search and click combinations and Google is learning. Search Google for the term "Search Engine Optimization" - the #1 site is SubmitExpress ; then ask anyone offering this service - How come your site is not #1 ?!

razareal, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You will need to get links and wait for a pr update

bogart, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  6. writingman1421

writingman1421 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quick question....when was the last PR update.

I do feel better hearing that because my website has been at 0 for quite awhile now. It's new, but I know I have backlinks leading to my site to at least give me a 1 or 2 PR.

as for getting a higher PR, start submitting articles to article directories and submit your URL to paid/free directories. Paid are better, but free will do if you are short on cash.

Submit enough articles and your PR will skyrocket.....when it gets updated that is.

writingman1421, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  7. Dj_Flush

Dj_Flush Peon

Best Answers:
    Well to improve the PR of your site first of all you need to have a thing called PR right?

and the very sad thing is that PR no longer exists (90% true 10% rumor)

Google is probably going to replace the PR technology with a new technology or perhaps will demolish the PR technology and won't even replace it with a new one

So just wait and wait and wait till someone gets an official word from Google

Dj_Flush, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  8. bomberman

bomberman Peon

Best Answers:
    Gather some backlinks first and wait for the right time that google update the PR.

bomberman, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  9. johnweb

johnweb Peon

Best Answers:
    razareal, none of that stuff has anything to do with PageRank. It may be good advice for page ranking, but has nothing to do with the green pixels. If that's what you are interested in links, and it doesn't matter if they are relevant or not, is the only way to improve PageRank. That and waiting for an actual toolbar data push so you can see it.

johnweb, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  10. boyponga

boyponga Banned

Best Answers:
    Quality link building, but PR is just like a link rating that users can only be shown. Google just hate link buying/selling.

boyponga, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe there was a PR update last April

bogart, Sep 27, 2007 IP