1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense and languages...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by cdx, Nov 27, 2005.

Hi all...

I decided to use Adsense. I have a website which is in different language than English. It's in Hebrew. I opened Adsense account but I am not sure about something .

Lets say that one of my pages on the website is about 'Paris Hilton'. If I include the words 'Paris Hilton' once in a title tag, does it means that ads from google will show up? I am not sure if it's smart to target it to one language although everyone that speaks Hebrew knows read English - and they will click on google's advertisements.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Guy.

cdx, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Most likely it would show whatever small amount of keywords it can key off on (if it can't key on the Hebrew ones).

digitalpoint, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  3. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is against the AdSense policies to display AdSense on pages in an unsupported language, and Hebrew is not on the supported language list right now. You might ask for permission, since you state most will read English as well, but as it stands, you cannot put AdSense on pages in Hebrew.

Jenstar, Nov 27, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  4. Eric Giguere

Eric Giguere Peon

Best Answers:
    Jenstar's right, of course, but that may be one of the recent changes that's caught people off-guard: it didn't use to be against the terms and conditions to display AdSense on pages with unsupported languages. I've wondered why they made that change, they must have gotten flak from someone to cause them to change it.

Eric Giguere, Nov 28, 2005 IP