1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bulk Email: Constant Contact vs Aweber vs Campaigner

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Blanket, Sep 24, 2007.

Which is the best most affordable bulk email provider?? Besides price does one specific service do something others do not? This would be for bulk eblasts of roughly 5-20k people.

Blanket, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  2. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found Aweber to be very reliable, professional and supportive. They play by all the rules and keep their service operating in tip top condition.

They would likely have no problem in blanket mailing 5-20k contacts however they do have incremental charges for larger capacity accounts

peeg, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  3. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    YourMailingListProvider is what I use and it has worked great for me

primeelite, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  4. Fairplay

Fairplay Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally use Aweber as well...

Clean interface.

Fairplay, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  5. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommed AWeber since they probably have the highest delivery rates. One problem however is that you CAN NOT import your own lists without first reconfirming subscriptions. All subscribers must be generated using AWeber forms.

Good luck.

Searchnology.com, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  6. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    ouch that sucks... I have a quality list, but do not want to hassle my customers with a "reconfirmation email". Thanks for the tip.

Blanket, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  7. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah on that note - that's why Aweber can market themselves as squeeky clean when it comes to deliverability and legalities. By enforcing that everyone who signs up in your account *must* double opt-in, it means that they don't only get a confirmed email address but it also shows their system is working and being received by that email.

That means that they basically have a 100% deliverability with ALL your confirmed subscribers because it shows they can receive the Aweber emails. The only problem comes when Spam blockers and email changes step in the frame.

It's "clever" marketing from Aweber and took me a while to see through - but is how they can claim their successful deliverabilitiy.

Blanket - on your issue - it would be a bummer for your whole list to receive a seemingly untrustworthy "confirm your account" email. Aweber is the best for leads that are fed directly into their system organically instead of imported unfortunately.

Why not try Getresponse.com ? I believe they are less strict with who you have in your list and they are $2 cheaper!

peeg, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  8. profitdollar

profitdollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many would recommend aweber. And a lot of marketers are using aweber. But you may try getresponse too.

I think, most of the auto responder system will ask your list to reconfirm their subscription before you can import them into the system. This is due to SPAM policy.

profitdollar, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  9. Fairplay

Fairplay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blanket, one way to get around it if you already have a current list is to inform them in advance that you are moving or upgrading to a better email service (whatever you decide on) and show them the procedures in images or video on how to go about reconfirming their status plus you could send a free gift and do an upsell along the way as well for added sales.

Again, good luck!

Fairplay, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  10. richkid

richkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use get response, and they have beeng great so far.

richkid, Sep 25, 2007 IP
  11. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have a hard time deciding between aweber and getresponse.

I guess they're about the same, often cited as the best.

I simply need to manage french speaking email prospects and so would like to be able to have most of the autoresponder's system editable so I can talk to them in their language.

JamesColin, Sep 25, 2007 IP