1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Directory - Is It Worth The Money?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Blinky82, Sep 24, 2007.

I have one question regarding the yahoo directory. Just want to know are these $300 will be a good investment for a site in order to get better SE ranking.

Let's say that your site ranks good for some keyword, after submitting and paying the fee of $ 300/$ 600 <for adults>, will this change the positions, and if so how good will reflect this on this site?

Most of you will tell me that it depends on the market and the competitors, well ok. But need a little clue like what will be the main change. If It jumps with 1-2 pages in SEs, that will be cool, but if it jumps with 1-2 positions, well this is not so cool, having in mind that you have paid $ 300 per year.

Please, I will like to know what will say the people, who have done it and know what this submission could do for a site. How the trend goes after adding their site/s.

Thanks in advance and wish you profitable week. :)

Blinky82, Sep 24, 2007 IP
    Ibn Juferi likes this.
  2. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have the wrong section to post this with your post count you should know better. :)

popotalk, Sep 24, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  3. Blinky82

Blinky82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, then suggest me the right one. :)
    I think that this is the best one, I couldn't find better. :D

4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try the section on Yahoo. Should get better results. Here's the location http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

robjones, Sep 24, 2007 IP
    lightless and bogart like this.
  5. Blinky82

Blinky82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  6. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Some sites that I have submitted (ecommerce) in the past have always recouped the submission fee plus, so it was beneficial.

Others, I doubt that I saw any benefit to them being listed based on your expectations.

I think it's a personal choice and a gamble. You can always opt out and not renew the listing if you do not realize any clear benefits.

CReed, Sep 24, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  7. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you get quality traffic from Yahoo? Most wont. I don't know anyone that uses a general directory to search.

So that leaves a question about the real value of a back link. What's the most you would pay for a directory master to review a deep link with anchor text to your site? Bet it lies somewhere between $5 and $50 once off. Does anyone pay annual fees?

workshop, Sep 24, 2007 IP