1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Problems

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by ealvin, Nov 26, 2005.

I seem to be having problems getting my sites verified when I submit them to Google. I've had the sites listed as verified but when I check back a few days later I find errors. Many of these sites use sub domains. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

There appear to be 3 different kinds of errors. I get these error messages...

1. HTTP error The server returned an error when we tried to access the URL provided. Please make sure the Sitemap URL is correct and resubmit your Sitemap.

2. We have successfully received your sitemap! However, we found some URLs listed in your sitemap that we cannot accept. The list below is a sampling of the URLs we could not accept, with links that explain the type of error and how to correct it.

It lists the URL's (ex. www.site.com/Articles/Article_Title.php This is followed by "URL's not under site map." (BTW, these URL's do display in browser).

3. I get a HTML error stating "Empty Sitemap" even though I'm not sure that's accurate.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ealvin, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  2. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    it looks like your sitemap was generated incorrectly with URLs that don't exist?

could your letter case be an issue?

Dekker, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  3. ealvin

ealvin Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response. Why do you say the URLs don't exist, they come up in my browser. Also, not sure about letter case. The case in the URL is the case of the file, so it doesn't seem like that should be a problem. That is right, isn't it?

ealvin, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  4. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    can you post the url for your site and sitemap ?

frankm, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  5. ealvin

ealvin Guest

Best Answers:
    Sure. It's http://paydaycash4u.com and the sitemap is just /sitemap.php or .xml.

Hopefully, that's what you need. If not, let me known.

Thanks.

ealvin, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  6. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    frankm, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  7. ealvin

ealvin Guest

Best Answers:
    I got the same error. It has been there before. I created the .xml sitemap so I know it was there. Any idea why we're getting this error?

ealvin, Nov 26, 2005 IP