1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory owners selling up is not all bad news...

Discussion in 'Directories' started by wayner, Sep 24, 2007.

Well, the following directories, which have been well built and well promoted and had a lot of time and money spent on them have either been sold or are in the process of being sold:

idk dot in
    zorg-links dot com
    nobledirectory dot com

Whilst its a little disheartening that these quality directories are being sold by their owners, what is encouraging is that there are a lot of people willing to buy them.

With others willing to buy directories at the figures these directories are commanding I think it paints a brighter picture for the future of directories than many are predicting.

With new owners at the helm these directories will see a fresh burst of enthusiasm and consequently should become even stronger than they are now, its nice to see people investing in directories during what are some pretty dark hours for the industry, and it should give all directory owners a lift to see fresh blood coming into the industry.

Well done to the previous owners for all the hard work, and best of luck to the new owners.

wayner, Sep 24, 2007 IP
    pipes likes this.
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Top post wayner, refreshing, you said it all.;)

pipes, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  3. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually i wasn't in a mood at all to sell my noble directory, but had to do it as it is the one which can give me money for my larger project out of the directory world..
    I had always worked hard on it and wanted to continue it, but i had to go for this step due to the circumstances.
    Also the area out of directories that i am working on is a dental network, which is related to my studies and i am entering my 2nd. year of education which will be the most busiest for me!

sizzler_chetan, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  4. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was approached 3 weeks ago to sell www.eBusiness-Directory.com by a dot com investment company, was made a good legit offer of xxxxx but decided I could not sell it as if its worth that to them its worth alot more to me to hold onto and grow it.

Valhalla, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  5. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think its a good time now to sell my directories although I am thinking of selling one of them to use that money for bigger promotion and advertising of my other directories. Perhaps when the dust has settled I will think about selling it.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  6. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So how much are them directories going for?

john269, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  7. Razvan

Razvan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on a lot of factors. Check out the marketplace at sitepoint to see some prices. :)

Razvan, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  8. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is exactly true, I have sold off a couple of my older directories over the past few months in order to cover some personal $$ commitments and also to reinvest in the directory industry. Having an active market (buying and selling) is a good thing all-around for the industry. I am very careful who I sell to and have accepted lower prices in order to sell to someone I thought would do a better job at running the directory.

jg123, Sep 24, 2007 IP