1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google I'm Begging You.....

Discussion in 'Google' started by James Dean Nash, Sep 22, 2007.

Google please get rid of Page rank please please....It's driving me freaking nuts..thread after thread...Page rank this page rank that....Who gives a damn...Worry about your serps...

Now if your a directory or a person who sells links I can see why you might want the update to come but please stop!!

Worry about your serps, conversions, Market analysis, link building and strategic marketing plans...Don't worry about that green little bar....That green little bar if it go's up does not mean your serps will go up so stop!

This is exactly why Google got rid of the supplemental tag is because no one focused on the real goals...unique content, relevance, quality, conversions and so on...So leave it alone it will happen when it happens if not then it wasn't mean to be..

James Dean Nash, Sep 22, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Uninstall the d*** thing. Why do you or anyone need it?

Colbyt, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  3. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought when I first saw the post. What I think the poster is saying, though, is that they'd like to see the whole "Google page rank" thing go away. I don't have the toolbar, myself, and when I want to check pagerank, I have to use an online tool. It's not a required piece of equipment.

AngelaE8654, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  4. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    I was talking about page rank in general not necessarily the toolbar so I revised the post and stated page rank...

Seems like you must be one of those guys who says "Hey whens the next page rank update" "Hey will my serps go up if my page rank does"

Hey sorry if I hit a nerve but it's the truth....Focus on what matters not on some "Big Green Joke"

5. Neusha G.

Neusha G. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Weird thing is... My google toolbar doesnt have a Pr meter:eek:

Neusha G., Sep 22, 2007 IP
  6. drgeorgep

drgeorgep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ... couldn't agree more about PR, especially after I actually looked into what's put on the tool bar. That said, I was recently dealing with an up-and-coming writer. He was to contribute a new short story to my site.

The deal was all but done when he sends an e-mail. He's backing out. Some friends said the status of the site, a PR2, was too low and his reputation might suffer, at a crucial point in his career.

This isn't the first time writers have spurned my money. It won't be the last. The tale shows what PR means in the popular sense.

My two cents.

drgeorgep, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  7. WPOSolutions

WPOSolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with your main statement, but I think that Page Rank should stay available for those who wish to see it.

I think it still has significance from a point of quality. To get PR6s and above takes a fair bit of work and time.

WPOSolutions, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  8. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok so your saying page rank means quality...Ok so if I go out and BUY 4 or 5 page rank 7 links that took NO TIME OR WORK at all then when the update happens and I have a page rank 6 that means you think my site is quality and I really worked my ass off getting it....Yeh right!!

Page rank does not mean quality in all cases or for that matter in most cases it does not mean quality....

Quality to me means....Good quality content that I myself would actually link to, Serp's in most cases will mean quality but not page rank..

9. WPOSolutions

WPOSolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes a good example would be the Wikipedia, excellent content, a lot of people do provide one ways links, and also has a very high PR.

WPOSolutions, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  10. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    And the world still regard Wikipedia as a quality informative site even if their vision isn't obscured with green little bar.

cherry_yuya, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  11. jmafonseca

jmafonseca Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see how you can be bothered by PR that much. Just ignore it, move on....do your own recipe : work for good content and attract legitimate traffic and PR by doing quality writing.

jmafonseca, Sep 22, 2007 IP
    def47 likes this.
  12. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you let a little PR get to you than you need a vacation. Don't worry about it it will in time sort out.

FOX LORE, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  13. James Dean Nash

James Dean Nash Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not the page rank necessarily it's all the people I see time and time again saying "whens the next page rank update" has it happened, when is it going to happen, page rank question....

I myself could care less about page rank. Page rank is just really misleading especially to new folks who think page rank will make their site jump in the serps and it is just not true....

Worry about your serps and let page rank go!!!!

Also I predict it will be gone in the next year...as far as people actually knowing what their page rank is but it will still exist to Google it's just people wont know what their pr is like the supp tag.

14. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    The OP has truly been 'round the block once or twice, he knows what he is saying. SEO'ing has been around since before PR, and it will remain shall it ever leave. PR means nothing. I have PR 1 sites with amazing serps, and pr 5 websites still in the sandbox .

WunschShrek, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  15. def47

def47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You write like if PageRank and the serps are TOTALLY unrelated...

def47, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  16. XwisnuX

XwisnuX Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree pagerank is nothing to do with quality.
    not all wikipedia articles has the highest rank but everybody know their quality

XwisnuX, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  17. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Think about it. If you and others are aware of this paid-link silliness, don't you think Google is, too? Watch the next few PR toolbar updates and see if Google hasn't made some adjustments to diminish or discount the PR value of paid links.

Jim4767, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  18. FastWeb

FastWeb Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to see the PR value of a site simply because it shows how much "trust" Google has in the page I'm viewing. It can also be useful as a benchmark in optimization campaigns. I view PR as one small tool on my SEO workbench. It's a great benchmark, but doesn't really mean anything. SERPs, traffic, and growing my sites through good content development are the things I focus on.

But, you're right, the "when is the next PR update?" and "why doesn't my PR6 site rank well for X keyword?" questions are beginning to really get on my nerves.

FastWeb, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  19. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm starting to believe the number of 'pagerank' posts tells a lot about the quality of a webmaster forum. Kind of an inverse proportion kind of thing...

simey, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  20. FREE BET

FREE BET Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, how do you build links with a non existent pagerank then? in my field its impossible, hardly anyone will exchange links unless you have a pr4+ site....so to me its very important...especially for that factor which is the main SERP driver....

FREE BET, Sep 22, 2007 IP