1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Directories of no use any more..

Discussion in 'Directories' started by leede, Sep 22, 2007.

First www.submiteaze.com a site which provided directory submission software goes of air .

And know seeing Mikey selling his bidding directory.Which i tought was one of the highly promoted directories.

Do directories have no importance anymore :confused:

leede, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  2. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How do you say that submiteaze.com has been closed?

Any evidence?(Written evidence)

Freewebspace, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  3. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    no i don't have any written evidence but a site which is offline for the last 5 days what can you say for it

leede, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  4. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Would you judge it's going down or off yourself?
    I don't work on my other directories and in my SEO company website for about a week, does this mean that i had closed down everything?

Nothing can be told till we know the exact truth :)

sizzler_chetan, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  5. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there's any reason to panic just because someone decided to sell his directory :rolleyes:

Ibn Juferi, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  6. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Directory submission software firstly need to die. They are nothing but pain in the ass.

Second, don't comment without evidence. The site may have some problem.

Regarding sale of directories, well its clearly shows how many are ready to face things openly and want to make a mark and how many have broken down and lost the battle.

Also, no need to panic if someone sells their directory. It could also be some genuine problem or issue their end.

humm, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  7. techspy

techspy Peon

Best Answers:
    The sale of so many directories does not mean the end of directories. It just mean that the rest of us have to work harder at keeping ours around.

Some of these directory owners spent too much too fast and didn't get the return they had expected and now they're bailing. They saw the other big ones made tons of money and they wanted a piece of the pie.

Now a lot of these owners are trying to get their money back by selling huge sites with no PR or sites that were built on a drop domain with a high PR.

Google could easily penalize these sites again and again that are already penalized.

just my 2 cents

techspy, Sep 22, 2007 IP
    WTM likes this.
  8. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A highly promoted directory does not necessarily mean it's a quality resource. Directories that are a valuable resource will survive. I mean, Google isn't likely to ban DMOZ, Yahoo, BOTW, Business.com, JoeAnt, Jayde, etc...

EveryQuery, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  9. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Most directories still work fine. No problem with back links, no problem getting pages indexed, serp's responding. The writings been on the wall for a long time for allto see but some people still dont understand that they need to change the script.

workshop, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  10. techspy

techspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wish someone would explain to me what all these high bids about in each others directories.

techspy, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  11. SteveNO

SteveNO Peon

Best Answers:
    Are they even high bids or a group working together?

SteveNO, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  12. mauiman

mauiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience and knowledge they are all legitimate paid for bids.

mauiman, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  13. techspy

techspy Peon

Best Answers:
    I always wonder if they are all working together. It just doesn't make sense why someone would bid thousands in a directory that just hopes to get high PR. I've seen directory with high PR prediction also, that spends little in advertising. Just pure link promotion.

techspy, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  14. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Very well put EveryQuery. The Orange Pages is only a small directory but its been going for over 5 years and has always tried to provide quality. It gets real visitors and imho is a valuable resource that will go on for another ten years and more.

The Pheonix, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  15. Alakazam

Alakazam Peon

Best Answers:
    I suppose and made the right decision to submit and promote our company website to some directories. Would there be any effect if I submit it to the penalized directories ? Would there be any value in terms of traffic or a decent back link ? We already submitted to Yahoo, Business.com and some sites here and are looking for more. Any suggestions please ?

Alakazam, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  16. topbuyer

topbuyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Leede, submiteaze site working fine :)

topbuyer, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  17. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    If you had asked this question two months ago the answer would have been easy. But Google is no longer playing by the accepted rules. They are on a witch hunt for good reason and its would make sense to stay away from high value links on dodgy directories. Why would you want to list there anyway?

Rather stick to the free directories for the time being.

workshop, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  18. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi guys, just letting everyone know we're now back online! The reason for our downtime was because of a disagreement with our (now) old hosting company. Basically we had a bit of a disagreement over traffic volumes - they tried to get us to pay (a lot) more for the increased traffic volume we're now getting, we said that wasn't in our agreement, they didn't agree and they pulled the plug on us without any warning and basically held us to ransom. Needless to say we didn't want to do business with people like that so we've now moved to a new hosting company and things are better than ever.

So, just to say one last time, we've not gone bust, we've not withdrawn the product. Quite the opposite - we were the victims of our own success lol.

We're still in the process of migrating the site, so there may be a couple of hiccups so thanks in advance for your patience while we try to get things up and running again. But our Email support is now back online if you need us for anything.

BBB

big-bad-burrow, Sep 23, 2007 IP