1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Really Good New SEO Tool

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by FreeAgent, Jul 13, 2004.

I have been using this new tool for about a month now. This is by far the best tracking tool I have ever used. The product is called SearchTrax (www.searchtrax.com).

Is anyone else around here using this tool yet?

FreeAgent, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  2. FreeAgent

FreeAgent Peon

Best Answers:
    Is anyone using this tool yet? I still think it's one of the best tools out there, and it has a lot of useful new features.

FreeAgent, Oct 13, 2004 IP
  3. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    How about talking about it, what it does, what features it has, etc etc...

eduardomaio, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Why pay for something like this when you get the data for free in your logs? That is unless your host does not provide access to your log files.

mopacfan, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  5. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am really against anything that makes you sign up to use it. It took me a while before I even started using DigitalPoint's Key Word Tracker.

Help Desk, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  6. FreeAgent

FreeAgent Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using SearchTrax for about 4 months now, and I still have not paid a dime. For a list of the features check out their overview page. http://searchtrax.com/overview.php

FreeAgent, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  7. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    can anyone say SPAM...........

joeychgo, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  8. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apologies if this "accusation" is unwarranted, but if you have a vested interest in this product, why not just go ahead and declare it. Something like: "hey guys I developed (or am promoting) this cool tool. Check it out."

Ajeet

Ajeet, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  9. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Spam"

Easy, no?

Infiniterb, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  10. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    free agent, this forum is a community, I think we are all big boys and girls here, mostly professional, and as such we have no problem with people developing tools and asking for opinions on them. There is no need for any deception ;)

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  11. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't even bother to go there. I was afraid something more abusive (like, lots of pop-ups or an adsense made website... stuff like that).

eduardomaio, Oct 14, 2004 IP
  12. FreeAgent

FreeAgent Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL my post is not spam. I did not make searchtrax, and I do not work for searchtrax. I truly think it's a cool tool, and all I wanted to know is if anyone else was using it.

13. FreeAgent

FreeAgent Peon

Best Answers:
  14. Logan

Logan Guest

Best Answers:
    Greetings all & OWG!!

If I could take a moment to clear the air here - because it stinks a little and SearchTrax is (unfortunately) in the middle of it. My name is Chris Logan & I developed SearchTrax along with my business partners. FreeAgent is not a developer nor involved with SearchTrax or our services, although he is a friend of the programmer who developed it and uses the service for his own site. This posting (honestly) was not solicited by us and came out of the blue without our knowledge. we do not spam the boards with our service - I know to well as i am involved with many forums including sef (google mod) and smallbusinessbrief which owg can attest to.

We just completed our beta stage (so don't expect 4 months of free service as mentioned in another post - we offer a two week trial) and we promote our services thru legit advertising arrangements with sites like search engine guide, smallbusinessbrief, search engine forums etc.

eduardomaio - i can assure you that it is a clean service, but that is for another thread when the service is being discussed.

<shakes head>freeagent - stop it and grow up!<shakes head>

Logan, Oct 22, 2004 IP
  15. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Question for you Logan, from the overview, it looks like a log analyzer. Can you confirm? If it is different, please let me know the main differences.

NewComputer, Oct 22, 2004 IP
  16. Logan

Logan Guest

Best Answers:
    Greetings NewComputer. It is a traffic reporting tool, although it does not use log files so it isn't technically a log analyzer. Instead it is reporting that captures traffic information primarily based on three things from the referral string when someone goes to your web pages.

1) The referral domain/url
    2) Any keywords associated with the referral
    3) The web site's page the referral was directed to.

With this, the data is compiled and provided in a variety of reports. Mopac's previous comments are correct that all of the data reported upon is available within your log files. Our reporting presentation basically is an easy to read version of this information and includes graphs of this data and compiles it based on the following

- Popularity counts based on Keywords
    - Popularity counts based on referrer (search engine)
    - Popularity of referrers based on keywords
    - Popularity of keywords based on page

It's our unique slant on webtraffic reporting, with a heavy slant towards the seo. We don't limit results, so you can view all keywords/referrals/etc and set any time frame parameters you wish.

A lot of folks tell me they find our report which shows all keywords for each page to be very helpful and unique. This provides all of the keyword popularity counts for each page of your site (PageX, PageY, PageZ, etc.) which others don't as far as I know.

In essence its a web traffic analytic tool - similar to a gazillion others out there - but our reporting does provide a little different twist with a slant towards the seo. It came about as a tool developed for my own use when working with many clients on search marketing and not always having consistent access to log files - plus the clients unwillingness to try to understand something as 'confusing' as the presentation of log files. Over time, I continued to develop it and recently we decided to make it publicly available.

Logan, Oct 22, 2004 IP
  17. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for stopping by and letting us know- stand up thing to do!

Now I personally wouldn't pay $15/month for reporting, but Im sure some people out there will.

schlottke, Oct 22, 2004 IP
  18. m4verick

m4verick Peon

Best Answers:
    I use AlterWind Log Analyzer. Work pretty good.

m4verick, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  19. adfunk

adfunk Peon

Best Answers:
    i use extreme tracking for years ... free and economic hehe

adfunk, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  20. UmbrellaTechnologies

UmbrellaTechnologies Active Member

Best Answers:
    We have had good luck with Google analytics. If you have a Google adwords account you might know what I mean. It tracks so much, some if it you don't even need. I also found http://www.gostats.com to show good tracking although less stats than analytics. We are also going to modify http://www.your-page-rank.com into a stat system as well as a pagerank indicator. Any advice as to what we could add to a stat system the better.

UmbrellaTechnologies, Oct 11, 2006 IP