1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropshippers

Discussion in 'General Business' started by clasione, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Chris Malta is full of shit, and so is his dropship directory.
    I stupidly paid up for it a couple of years ago......then set about contacting the companies listed. The only ones that replied were the ones that were useless with crap products.

90% won't deal with you if you are based outside mainland USA....and he calls it "Worldwide Brands" :mad: .

Theres a few posts with a similar view around the forums....stay away.

Cyclops, Nov 25, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  2. dropshipman

dropshipman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never paid a better 70 dollars in my life then my subscription to Worldwide Brands. You contacted the companies listed?? There are thousands of companies listed there, how many did you contact??
    -Every dropshipper I've ever used through them answered all of my questions, took my phone calls, and setup my accounts. You are right in saying some companies will not setup international dropship accounts, but there are many that do. Depends on that specific business.

dropshipman, Nov 26, 2005 IP
  3. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Yes but you reside in the USA......for anyone outside they just don't want to know.......how many companies from outside the USA are on the list, when I was looking there was only one, from New Zealand selling a board game.

Believe me I approached a lot of companies on that list, firstly ones that were related to my site...then after correspondence with worldwide brands where the only thing they had to say was "keep trying" I used the scattergun approach and still had no response.

It wouldn't be so annoying if they didn't take money from people from outside the US for their list, but they do and then won't give a refund...to me that adds up to "scam".

I have to disagree that there are "thousands" of companies on their list, that really is streatching it :D

Cyclops, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  4. dropshipman

dropshipman Peon

Best Answers:
    -I invite anyone and everyone to read Chris Malta's (the owner of Worldwide Brands) response to Cyclops' exact tirade on another forum.
    http://www.associateprograms.com/discus/ftopic7175.html

YEAH Right......, every company I've used on there responded to me and knew what Worldwide Brands was.

He rebutted your international dropshipper argument,
    "Cyclops, our web site is very clear on the fact that you should not try to use US Drop Shippers to supply your customers outside the US. This is simply common sense. Do you have any idea what the shipping costs would be?"
    -Pretty much common sense, try this genuis idea....use US based dropshippers to to sell to US based customers. All of my dropshippers will ship internationally but the sales are much less because of the shipping costs.

There's so much bad information out there on the Internet and before I used Worldwide Brands, I thoroughly researched them; trying to find anything negative about their services. I found almost none, so it's a bitter shame that you're still calling a great business a scam almost a year after being handed to by the owner of that business. Get a life....

dropshipman, Nov 27, 2005 IP
  5. quarmenna

quarmenna Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know where i can get cellular dropshippers or dropshippers for all merchandise and for free? i desperately need to get started ASAP

quarmenna, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  6. Ericsson

Ericsson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Say I bought 10 k750i's, the best thing to do is to buy them and store them?
    What about buying them from places like China, is it safe? The packaging will oviously be different (Its in chinese), do people mind?

Ericsson, Dec 15, 2005 IP
  7. mark1

mark1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be concerned if I could trust the people holding my 10 units of product. I've noticed some eBay stores utilise similar techniques. I've dealt with a dealer for Camera's and Camera Accessories that had a local contact with local bank account but the source address was somewhere in HK. I was thinking whether if the person was a family/friend contact or if they made the contact through a dropshipper list or by going there and making business arrangements.

As for the consumer - I would mind if my instructions were Chinese! I was o overseas in Philippines when I bought my K750i camera phone - it had English Instructions but the plug was the Chinese type. The package did contain an adaptor for the Philippines plug type though.

mark1, Dec 19, 2005 IP
  8. machej

machej Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it appears it's quite hard to find a reasonable dropshipper that everyone agrees on. I guess that goes with the saying 'You can't please everyone all the time.'

machej, May 2, 2009 IP
  9. ShelbyWCoffman

ShelbyWCoffman Peon

Best Answers:
    Any other dropshippers which are reliable?

ShelbyWCoffman, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  10. khulet22

khulet22 Member

Best Answers:
    PM me the info of your product I'm interested too.

khulet22, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  11. Illuminated One

Illuminated One Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought about this as a source of passive income. After reading some of the replies in this thread, I think I'm gonna look more into it.

Illuminated One, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  12. brainwreck

brainwreck Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a dropshipper in the outdoor sporting goods niche, and my business has grown every year.

All of my DS'ers are domestic (U.S.) and very reliable. I have 10 that I use and I will be releasing the list of them in the E-book section in the next few days.

Time to pursue other ventures.

brainwreck, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  13. ifuncity

ifuncity Peon

Best Answers:
    i do some very effective drop ship through our main site ifuncity. let me know if you are interested. i can give you details.

ifuncity, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  14. ifuncity

ifuncity Peon

Best Answers:
    and then you start paying a lot of money every months... lol

ifuncity, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  15. pbrband

pbrband Peon

Best Answers:
    the price you pay is worth it when you consider that there are over 300 suppliers in their network....where else can you get access to all of those products in a single place?

pbrband, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  16. danko6

danko6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know of other sites like that.That pay you to sell their products on auctions at Ebay.
    You as yourself what i want to do?
    I want to find a good company that allows me to sell their products at Ebay.I need a company that allows me to sell a few products a day,if i offer 100 productss and they buy only 1 i write to the company the address of the buyer and they send him the product and before that i have payd the price for 1 product and the money that i get are for me.That's it im looking for a company that allows me to sell a fewer products a day and i dont need to pre pay for 100 products in advance i just start the auction someone wins it and i pay for 1 product and that is it.Ill apreciate it if you help me.

danko6, Mar 21, 2010 IP
  17. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    check this site:
    worldwidebrands.com

webcosmo, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  18. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    i am going to give this a go in a few weeks once my current project is finished. I checked out World Wide Brand, but its very costly ($300 fee). I'm in college and don't have that kind of spare money to give out. I mean yeah I have $300, but I never tried drop shipping and would rather start with something free.

To me, it seems like this could be a good way for any college student like myself to get some extra monthly income. I wanted to do wholesale, but I realized I wouldn't have anywhere to place my items, my phone would be off when I'm in class, and there is overall more work to do myself like shipping. I'm going to start researching WHAT I want to offer and try and find some companies that do the drop shipping for me.

mezner, Mar 22, 2010 IP
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Well, you don't need to pay WWB. If you know what niche you want to be in, you can manually find a company that offers drop shipping services.

In addition, there are other directories of drop shippers listed here.

Will.Spencer, Mar 27, 2010 IP