1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't stay cached.

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Stin, Nov 24, 2005.

Ive got a new site thats coming up on about two weeks old. It cannot stay cached in Google. It was indexed/cached the first day it was up. A day later the cache was gone and just the URL was in Google. A couple days later it was cached again, and within 24 hours the cache was gone. These results have cycled 3 or 4 times and the same results are shown across all datacenters.

The only thing I can think of that would cause this is that I have a couple sites hosted on the same IP address. I'm sure many people have this arrangement though so.. don't know.

Anyone else seen something like this? Any ideas?

Stin, Nov 24, 2005 IP
  2. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't say as I have seen that behavior before, but with the multiple serps that google has been producing lately, I would guess that this is a google problem, not your own. Give it time, once google gets past this update, you will probably have no problem. Sit tight.

As far as interlinking the sites, probably not a good idea in the long run. Google is known to filter links with the same range of IP addresses, so as soon as you have some good incoming links, cut the interlinking. The other option is to use multiple hosts.

NetMidWest, Nov 24, 2005 IP
    Stin likes this.
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    With a new site instability is common. Google instability seems to be the norm now with lots of variations daily. Give it a little time and keep inproving the site.

Shannon

Smyrl, Nov 24, 2005 IP
    Stin likes this.
  4. lbordea

lbordea Peon

Best Answers:
    i get the same with my site - i meen when you search for something and my site is in listings than google shows the "Cache" sign near it. But if you click it... there is no cache for that link ! is it because of google?

lbordea, Nov 25, 2005 IP
    Stin likes this.
  5. Stin

Stin Guest

Best Answers:
    alright thanks for the replies guys, ill just give it a bit more time. MSN and Yahoo! are having no troubles with the site currently.

Stin, Nov 25, 2005 IP