1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is "ACH Transfer" ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Tor, Sep 20, 2007.

What is "ACH transfer" ? Is it "wire transfer" ?

Tor, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Automated Clearing House transfer.

When money is sent from bank account to bank account, very much like PayPal only bank account numbers are used instead of email addresses.

Colbyt, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just to further on Colbyt's answer.

It is not the same as a Wire transfer. a wire transfer is much more secure than an ACH, but is also much more expensive. ACH is quick, and requires little verification, whereas a wire transfer requires both the receiving and the sending party to verify themselves and the funds before it can go through. ACH transfers are generally US bank to US bank, and Wire transfers can be international.

jestep, Sep 20, 2007 IP
    Western likes this.
  4. bamb0016

bamb0016 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,I want to know about ACH too,so basically ACH means transfer between US bank,is it right?so what if I don't have US bank account,is that mean that I can't make ACH transfer?thx for the explanation

bamb0016, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  5. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not for US bank accounts only, it's bank to bank transfer. It could be two banks in your country as well.

Disguised, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    To further Disguised replies. ACH is done between banks to banks but within the same country and not across borders.

If you do not have a US Bank account, you cannot receive money via ACH sent to you from another US Bank account.

Like in Singapore here, I can send money from my bank account to anyone else who has a Singapore bank account through the Electronic Transfer initiated via online banking or through the ATM machine.

eddy2099, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  7. Hellfire81

Hellfire81 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no "ACH-transfer" existing outside the US. ACH is payment form between US banks only

Hellfire81, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  8. mafostedu

mafostedu Peon

Best Answers:

Correct. the ACH is used for US banks only. They use different terms for different countries like in India the term used is "NET BANKING" or "NET TRANSFER". If you will ask the customer care support about ACH or wire transfer they will be shocked to hear this new word.:eek:

mafostedu, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  9. coun_vincent

coun_vincent Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hey ,

please can someone here show us any tutorials talk about how to make ACH Transfer ?

thank you

coun_vincent, Mar 13, 2009 IP