1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ie-6 Css Hacks- Waste Of Time Or Essential ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jinsona, Sep 20, 2007.

?

IE-6 CSS HACK

Poll closed Oct 20, 2007.
  1. It is Essential

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Waste of Time and Dime

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
    hi,

What is your opinion?
    Everybody knows IE 6 sucks with CSS-2, let that be PNG display, background fixation or any thing in the long list.

Should we spend money and time on CSS hacks for IE-6, when free browsers like firefox, opera and IE 7 are available?

Or is it time to go by the rule "survival of the fittest" and let IE-6 to Rest In Peace.

what do you think?

jinsona, Sep 20, 2007 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  2. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, still essential. There are so many people still using IE6 it makes me weep.

mcfox, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  3. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    More appropriate for the HTML/CSS forum, but I guess you posted here to get more replies...

I'm sure you are more of an expert(and a much better designer) than me, and you know very well that IE6 is nowhere near obselete with a quite a lot of people still using it - maybe most of them are developers and testers like you and me :p :D

anions, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  4. jinsona

jinsona Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanx for the reply guys,

Yes there are still a lot using IE-6.

But I wonder what makes IE-6 a better choice among FF, Opera, IE-7 (PC platform)

I think people are not moving on to better browsers because developers are providing these css hacks so that users do not feel the difference. Only when they are not given this luxury they will move on to better browsers.

But the same time if people think CSS hacks are essential, I like to know those reasons too..not just because they have been using IE-6 and do not wanna move on. Some specific features they believe ,which gives IE-6 an edge over other browsers.

I am trying to learn here from members feedback, your opinions are most welcomed.

jinsona, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  5. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I think it's quite simple - people who are using older computers with older operating systems and systems that haven't been upgraded.

mcfox, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  6. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Definately essential, its still used more than any other browser

bacanze, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  7. flash902007

flash902007 Banned

Best Answers:
    definately essential, but the sooner everybody moves over to firefox, the better. even i.e 7 has loads of bugs, i HATE It!!!

flash902007, Sep 20, 2007 IP