1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any suggestions for monitizing my page? (already has decent traffic..)

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Josh, Sep 19, 2007.

http://www.thejosher.net/iTunes/

According to Google Analytics, I've had 19,581 absolute unique visitors the past three days. 222,601 pageviews. Avg time spent on site is 09:18.

Right now all I have on the site is Kontera. I'm getting an average of maybe 50,000 impressions a day (audited report according to Kontera) and making an eCPM of about $0.24 average.

I've also gotten $15 in donations.

So basically I'm looking for any other ideas that would bring in some steady income in addition to the Kontera money. Any help appreciated :D

And yes, I'm banned from adsense. (Due to my own stupidity a year and half or so ago :p)

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this :p

Josh, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  2. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot has changed in the last year and a half.

You could try YPN (Yahoo Publisher Network), it is better paying than adsense, and it is very relevent. It is in the beta stages, but i think it will work for you. It is US only, but if i remember correctly, your from the US.

Rob

Robert Allen, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  3. SlickR

SlickR Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to monetize is join adbrite, when you join adbrite create a custom zone. With 25.000 visitor a day on average you could sell 1 ad place for $5 per day, 50$ per week and $500 per month!
    From then on you could edit the pricing according to how many ads are you getting.
    Also with adbrite you also earn by eCPM(estimated earnings per 1,000 pageviews)
    They pay 0.01 per 100 pageviews so you would be earning $2.5 per day without any clicks to the ads. within a month only from eCPM you could earn $75
    You can also show text link ads and interstial ads if you wish so.
    average earn per text link ad is 0.03 and average earn from interstial is 0.05
    Hope this helps you, if yes you can add me some rep. Thanks

SlickR, Sep 20, 2007 IP
    Josh likes this.
  4. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I signed up for AdBrite but didn't bother putting them on my page as when I had them ~2 years ago they were pretty worthless.

I'll give 'em a shot I guess.

Josh, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  5. legacy96

legacy96 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend yahoo publisher network, or try to get adsense back. How do you get perma banned from adsense anyway?

legacy96, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  6. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if I'm 'permabanned' but my account was disabled for invalid clicks.

Josh, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  7. m8ttg

m8ttg Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Josh,

if you've got a relative that you trust you could get them to open up a new AdSense account, just make sure you never access it from the same IP as your banned account used.

other than that you could try selling links with text-link-ads or textlinkbrokers, it can be a good solid recurring income...

m8ttg, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  8. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could try posting affiliate links to relative products. i.e. I run a stock audio product through ClickBank (see my sig), you can post promotional material that your demographic of traffic might also be interested in... Affiliate marketing is great if you match up your traffic to the right offer.

NCMedia, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  9. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried creating another adsense account with different details & ip address ?

imnajam, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  10. Websworth

Websworth Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps approach established websites and offer that you can put your web banner on your website for a price and let them know your impressive figures etc. Also offer a discount if they book for 6 months etc.

Websworth, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  11. pepo

pepo Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you could try amazon.com affiliate program..

pepo, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  12. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Well TBH I'm not really THAT interested in getting back into adsense, for this site anyway. It seems that any standard PPC ads I put up get virtually no clicks.. like one or two a day. Kontera gets much much more for some reason, so I kept them on it.

I don't want to use popups/popunders as that'd alienate too many of my visitors..

I have thought of selling a banner on the site. I'll probably do that once traffic levels out and I have some decently long-term stats (right now it was kinda spiked due to digg, TUAW, lifehacker, etc etc).

I tried Adbrite... 0 clicks but $0.50 from CPM banners so far (just approved some time late last night/this morning). Which isn't too bad considering it's only 10 in the morning. An extra $1 or $2 a day is useful I guess :p

I thought about the affiliate program, but I also thought that since they're getting artwork for the album already, that would imply they have the album (at least digitally) already... and probably wouldn't be interested in buying it :/

Thanks for all your suggestions though!

Josh, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  13. SlickR

SlickR Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, i just visited your page again and no wonder you are not geting any clicks. The banner is in the bottom of the page. I suggest puting it just bellow the "donate" button.
    cheers

SlickR, Sep 22, 2007 IP
  14. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I initially had it higher than that but while the site was unapproved by adbrite it sorta broke the design so I put it in the footer where it didn't matter. *moves it back up*

Josh, Sep 22, 2007 IP