1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Public Service Ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Googles76, Oct 20, 2004.

I created a new web-site, it is in the google index (if I search for it on google it shows up) and I put google ads code on it but for some reason it shows public service ads. If I use the adsense preview tool, it shows relevent ads without a problem, just won't show ads on the real thing. What do you all think might be the problem?

EDIT:

Never mind, I know what the problem is. The site was crawled while on a different server and I just recently moved it. I have to wait till it gets crawled on the new server.

Googles76, Oct 20, 2004 IP
  2. 2003m2003

2003m2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had same problem for weeks in some of my pages....it got only PSA. Finally I removed them. I feel page as 'bad content' for adsense.

2003m2003, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  3. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    But if the page was "bad contenct" for adsense as in there are no ads for this page, than the preview tool would tell you that. In this case the preview tool shows many relevant ads, but no actual ads on the page. Google says that the adsense spider crawls your site within a few hours but it's been two days now and same thing. I'll wait a bit longer I guess.

Googles76, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It can happen in minutes, hours, days or weeks. Just be patient, the good stuff will come.

NewComputer, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  5. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had that happen before.... just do a 301 redirect to the same page with a different file name...

filename.php 301 to filename2.php keep trying them until you get ads to show up... then remove the 301 and the ads should be on the first one.

schlottke, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  6. EConcepts

EConcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I was consistantly able to get rid of the PSAs within 15 minutes to an hour of them being on a page.

I simply refreshed the page 20 or 30 times, and then waited. You do not need to be on the page to have it "happen". Once you do the refresh (make sure you allow each refresh to complete before you try the next one (so don't just hit "refresh" 20 or 30 times in a row and expect it to happen ... hit refresh wait until the page loads completely, hit refresh again wait till it loads again, etc....

Do this 20 - 30 times per page and within the hour (sometimes within 15 minutes of doing this), the PSA will be replaced by "real ads".

This is correct providing you have enough content on the page for Google to determine what type of ads to serve.

It works becuase if you look at the .js file Google refers to from each Adsense page, it specfically tells the "crawler" to visit the site (well, indirectly) upon serving a new ad (this is so it can track the visit).

If you do that enough the crawler will eventually crawl the page to find out which ads to serve in place of the PSAs. It also helps in getting indexed in Google faster.

I did this flawlessly for a number of sites with a large number of pages and it worked everytime.

-- Eric

EConcepts, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  7. keensoldier

keensoldier Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks greatly!
    So i understand adsense's method

keensoldier, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  8. EConcepts

EConcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a problem. Glad I could be of help. If you need anything in the future, just give me a shout.

EConcepts, Oct 22, 2004 IP