1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shoemoney gets extorted by corrupt DMOZ editor for $5000

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by emmawatson, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't appreciate the analogies about people being killed, its a directory for people who collect links like others collect stamps, not something to do with life and death, stop behaving like you are sick in the head.

You have chosen to try and challenge ODP on one item by resigning, but nobody noticed. You shout here, but nobody notices. You waste your time, on the other hand by staying in because I am generally happy with most things in ODP then I can change things from within. You can't, Q, you can just get your self more and more screwed up inside and in your head.

Things will change, not all that i want, but which organization can I join that has exactly what I want. You all keep harping back to Annie's sacking, you seem to think highly of her so why not re-read what she said
    All you ex-editors worked with that when you were there and it is absolute nonsense that one gets chucked for criticism, because if they did I would have been out a long time ago. But if you insist on swearing at and abusing other editors in the forum or on editor notes then yes you are likely to be booted for that. A bit more discipline here might not go astray.

And as a footnote, welcome RobJones, go on nuke all their sites.

Anonymously, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  2. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its great that blogs like this can expose scandals and scandalous people.

Great!

tushardhoot1, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  3. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    My eyes, whats with all the red... some of us have very bad eyesight -4!

I see editors can't keep away from this forum... darn metas will go on removal spree and introduce new guideline any editor caught here will be instantly removed. :D

You did see that big green smiley at the end of my sentence did you? Or do you like metas like to interpret everything you read the way you want it to sound?

Last time I've check I got kicked out day after I requested new category to which I offered to completely reorganized and add over 200 missing websites besides my photography website I'm working on with my buddy - BTW I'll use this post for another of my shameless self-promotion stunts if any of you happens to be close on 13 October 2007 we'll be having nice little 1st International Photo Fair in backwater town called Zagreb, Croatia (thats in Europe, Europe like a continent) so you are all invited! :cool:

You really think it is that it would be hard to create few fake e-mail and pretend to be competitors? I live in country with total population of little over 4 millions so I could probably get even shoes size of my competitors - not that hard since there are only two of them. :eek:

Not that its matters with tutuolaf gone, nobody will probably get listed ever again in http://www.dmoz.org/World/Hrvatski/, like in http://www.dmoz.org/World/Slovensko/ which represents less then 1% of existing Slovenian website.

Hey, I'm corrupt, remember, so I want as many links as possible so that one day I can get nice big fat offer for my website from some sucker believing DMOZ is the holy grail of SEO. :eek:

Ivan Bajlo, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  4. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    Your trying to be funny am I right ? But before doing that won't you try to sweep the dirt first before moving the clean cargo out since its disgusting to walk on a filthy mud before taking off the house appliances it would just ruin my furnitures.

Misato, Sep 19, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  5. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well to certain people it seems to be matter of life and death they certainly defend it as if they own it.

Well when someone joins something named Opened and run by global community turns out to be private company run by meta oligarchy which can sack anyone anytime for anything without any evidence or defense you feel kind of cheated and tricked in joining, it would as if Wikipedia suddenly started charging access to its content and Jimbo pocketed all the cash.

Before I got kicked out I was hardly interested in anything more then maintaining my categories adding ones missing in my niches, creating backlinks from wikipedia and listing every possible website I could find in order to give boost to my obscure hobbies - I even attempted to submit few websites after crash but nobody touched my categories since I left other then to remove my website when opportunity presented itself or to trash my work. :mad:

So for a guy who watched way too many Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Arnold, Stallone, Jean, Claude, Van and Damme... movies I'm totally pissed off and out for revenge and wont settle for anything less! :eek:

There have been several attempts so far, some more or less successful so removing websites of people you don't like after removing them as editor should be natural course of abuse. :(

6. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Well don't forget the theme song on here is that editors and ODP are corrupt, would you want us to behave differently? Were all the editors corrupt when you worked there, if so why did you continue so long, if not have all the non-corrupt editors been sacked.

By all means make yourself look more and more bitter an twisted, but you cut little ice.

7. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    I know English isn't my native language but I thought I wrote my post pretty clearly:

To which language should I translate my post so that you can understand it? :rolleyes:

8. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    I thought I asked my question very clearly.

9. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For the record, I don't think it's dead, though may be dying. *shrug* I do however say that it's PR is marred by the duplicate content brought about by the Clones. All in all, I think it's about as good as any other directory link...

If you are taking requests I do have a few more pages I'd like to see listed. I promise all of the requests will be to a few of the cleaner categories that are for the better part free from spam or adult content.

Though, if you are only wanting to remove sites, how about nixing a few more of them Topix listings, you have well over 10k to choose from in over 1,500 categories. I'm sure Skrenta would not mind :rolleyes:

Speaking of Skrenta, it's nice to see he's logged in this month. No doubt to add more of his own listings? I hear he's got a few new sites. Why is it that an admin can have 10K+ listings but a normal editor gets fired for bookmarking a friend of a friends site...lol

Ya know, it would not be so bad if the rules applied to everyone.

It's certainly nice to know that Corruption is only at the top :cool: I mean, how can this be denied, he's said it himself that the only reason the ODP was a go was to promote his own sites. Anyone else would supposedly be ousted by now, but no...not him...he's an outstanding fellow. He invented the computer virus.

Qryztufre, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  10. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    That is clear, but there are no attempts to change the rules while supposedly nobody opposes there change and they would benefit greatly to DMOZ image, so question is why is there delay?

Then again other then removals everything else need months of discussion at DMOZ. :rolleyes:

11. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Smear and innuendo again, Ivan, just a bad habit you have got into is it? How do you know that no one works for change? You don't know, but I know they are. But we are a community we move on agreement and after a great deal of debate. You can no longer take part in that you do not know what is happening. I can understand that is frustrating, but don't try and offer information you do not have.

I think if you read the context he is asking if site owners really do want him to nuke their site from ODP, not general requests. Is your site in there, do you want it removed, if it harms your page rank or whatever. To do you a favor robjones was offering to remove it and risk the flack from more senior editors, generous offer from the big Texan.

12. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't get your hopes up, they haven't even listed most the website I've submitted to http://www.dmoz.org/Regional/Europe/Croatia/Arts_and_Entertainment/ :(

I have reported whole bunch of dead links but since tutuolaf is gone entire subcategory will soon be dead anyway. :(

13. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    OH, sorry. No, I don't want my site removed. I've never said it hurts, just said it does not necessarily help....but it doesn't hurt, so I don't really mind the link. There are several links I do mind there however, and keep pointing to them, but I guess I have an invisible finger. :p

Though, I could have sworn I saw someplace that it was not the job of the editors to remove sites on request, and that they were not here to serve the webmaster. I guess Robjones would get slack internally wouldn't he.

14. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes you are about as dense as gworld.

The of events was
    1)Qryztufre said someone was fired because he book marked a site. I said nope, editors don't get removed for bookmarking sites.
    2)Qryztufre then said he was fired because used a rude word in an editor note. I said nope, editors don't get removed for using rude words in editor notes.
    3)Qryztufre then demanded to know for what reason the editor was removed. I then directed him to some information that he already had.

Now you are getting all pissy with me because apparently the act of pointing out information is tantamount to agreeing with it. I don't necessarily agree with the information, I was just pointing it out to him. Nor have I ever stated the policy the policy before. You guys are such hard cases and real fun to be around.

nebuchadrezzar, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  15. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Well there you go, on the outside no one hears you, and you complain. You have the ability to be heard by returning, but you don't want that, you want change but not to be part of it.

Yes, robjones was making a very generous offer that could have gotten himself into trouble, but suddenly all those people saying listing is a waste of time and could be detrimental... suddenly silent as grave.

16. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazing who a simple question get twisted into personal insult, your really working hard on becoming a meta or you already are one? :rolleyes:

Change - denotes the transition that occurs between one state to another. Such things are usually easily noticed and if they are taking too long it usually means someone is looking for a way to avoid them.

Again with community? Are you talking about metas? Since there is very little community outside that circle even while I was still there.

IIRC there is such thing as freedom of speech in US so if I metas can remove me based BS evidence at lest I can write BS in this forum (as long as I follow forum rules) and DMOZ has zero authority here.

If DMOZ wishes to exposes me as fraud all they have to do is uncover all that secret information they have gathered about my villa in Monte Carlo, mega yacht I bought etc. :D

17. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Do you honestly believe they would let me back? if so, then I'd actually love to join a local cat to get a few area websites listed here in Tennessee. My mom moved down here and I've been looking up a bunch of things for her to do, so I got a whole mess of sites that could and likely should make it into the project.

If you think I have a chance, I will try... but I have a feeling me being vocal in the internal forums would make me an Ex-ed pretty darn quick. :eek:

Would even offering such a thing be grounds for dismissal? What if we can prove it's him?

I'm not silent, that's not in my nature ;)

18. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    If you were not booted and you conducted yourself reasonably in debate, even if you argued, then you should be allowed back. Editors do leave sometimes because of disagreements and get re-instated. I tried to look up your log to see what you put in on leaving, but I could not trace your editor name. But apply for re-instatement, you should get your old cats back.

NB. I have nothing to do with this at all so these are my opinions and you must try and see.

rob often lives by the seat of his pants:D

19. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
  20. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for dropping by. Just what we need around here - another DMOZ troll.

"Catch flack"? If DMOZ is truly fair, it should be a tad more than "catching flack", don't you think?

OK. So what, exactly, have you changed?

So will you "catch flack" for that, too? Or is "catching flack" only reserved for people who ask too many pointed questions?

One would hope so. DMOZ has rules, "rules that must be obeyed", allegedly.

I'll believe that when I see it. :rolleyes:

minstrel, Sep 19, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.