1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

682,892 products, 100% commission for U!!!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by purdue512, Sep 19, 2007.

Hi all! The title for Affiliate Programs includes "Offers from affiliate programs are allowed as long as the user making the offer is an active member of this forum." So I believe this offer to be in the spirit of the forum. I'm also making this offer in the Warrior Forum, where I am also an active participant.

My site (http://Compare4.us) has 682,892 products in it. They all pay commissions from Amazon or eBay. This is a new site. It's slick and has been converting very well. It includes product reviews and articles from blog RSS feeds (about 60,000). As a result, it's SEO -friendly and revenue is flowing. But I am looking for greater awareness.

My forum-only offer: You make 100% commission (normally 50%) on Amazon and eBay sales for all traffic from your links. Collect the $$ directly from Amazon and eBay.

How it works:

1) Sign up as an Affiliate at http://Compare4.us
    2) If you don't have an Amazon Associate ID, sign up for one at Amazon.com.
    3) If you don't have a Commission Junction account, sign-up for one at CJ.com. Select eBay as one of your affiliates and get an eBay PID.
    4) PM or email me with your Amazon Associate ID and CJ / eBay PID.
    5) I'll put your ID's in the database and every click from your affiliate links will have your code nested in the outbound links to Amazon and eBay for all 682,892 products.
    6) Promote your links. Build keyword specific links with relevant landing pages. Work on conversion with real-time reports that show traffic.
    7) Collect your revenue directly from Amazon Associates and Commission Junction.

Let me know if you have questions... Remember, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts!

purdue512, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Sounds interesting i will take a look when i have more time.

rcj662, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  3. purdue512

purdue512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please do... The beauty is that it's simple. Your affiliate IDs, you collect from Amazon and eBay.

And the site is huge!!! Something for everyone.

Let me know if you have questions.

4. purdue512

Best Answers:
    I'd like other feedback please. Why would this appeal / not appeal to you?

Thx

5. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your just looking for feedback I would say...why would I be interested? If I still have to promote my own links, why would I use your site?

Lastly, at what point are you gonna do away with 100% commission? Seems like a good way to get a bunch of links back to your site and then put the axe down in the future. Just some initial reaction.

cldnails, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  6. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Fair points. Thanks for the feedback.

On point 1) "If I still have to promote my own links:" The answer is, because this gives you a MUCH MUCH bigger net than most people have at their disposal to try and convert. Over 600,000 products and integrated blog content makes for solid landing pages. Plus, it really does get you to product reviews and best prices faster. I was envisioning that there are people who could really use a site like this for revenue generation. At least that was my thinking. You are right, the trade is: You do the link promotion, I supply the site. I get the juice, but you get 100% of the cash. Seemed like a fair deal to me.

On #2) "How long will the 100% commission remain:" Forever. I didn't envision ever removing that. The software is built such that inbound links with your affiliate id auto-populate the outbound links to eBay and Amazon with your IDs. If I did change this, you would certainly stop promoting your links / take them down. Secondly, I would be so massively flamed on the forums it would end my meaningful participation here and at the WF... Something I'm not willing to risk. If you read my posts, I'm big into trust and transparency..

Let me know what you think.... Does the offer still need more? If so, what?

I really appreciate your constructive feedback.

Cheers

cldnails likes this.
  7. cldnails

Best Answers:
    Sounds much better, but would probably still only appeal to a few. Generating product pages, reviews, etc...is becoming easier and easier to do on ones own. However, if they didn't have the resources or know how, simply providing a tracking idea does make it plausible for some.

I appreciate you taking my feedback and constructive, it's so much nicer than getting in a shouting match over text. :) Good luck with your initiative.

8. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Thanks...

BTW - Nice blog! I enjoyed it. Out of interest - Why are you not monetizing it?

9. cldnails

Best Answers:
    There is a small adsense ad on single pages, but none on the homepage. My personal blog is not my money maker, so I'd rather create a low impact image, rather than try to make anything off of it with the typical adsense ad placement. Besides, people remember and ask questions about not having any ads. ;)

10. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Interesting...

Well, I was going to ask if you would do a write-up of the affiliate program at Compare4.us given that it's so close in content to what you're already writing about (Auction Ads, eBay Affiliates, etc).... PM me if you're interested in working something out.

Thx

11. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Okay - We've had a few takers on the WarriorForum, but none here so far. Please let me know if you have questions. I will have your affiliate codes entered ASAP so you can test the links.

12. mahmode

mahmode Peon

Best Answers:
    i have registered but i lost my password, any way i can recover my password or reset it

mahmode, Sep 19, 2007 IP
  13. purdue512

Best Answers:
    mahmode -

I have it. I will email it to the gmail account you registered with.

Cheers

purdue512, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  14. purdue512

Best Answers:
    mahmode -

Got your response with your Amazon and eBay affiliate IDs. They are now in the database. Can you please test using an affiliate link to ensure they are correct on the hand-off to Amazon and eBay's sites?

Thx

15. mahmode

mahmode Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks purdue512 for fast response, will put up the affiliate link on my page.

mahmode, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  16. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Great... As you know, it's all about traffic. But **PLEASE** be in touch if there are any problems so I can get on them ASAP...

17. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Purdie512 a few questions please Re your 100% affiliate offer

first in laymans terms i cant see why you would give 100% away, where exactly is the bonus for you ?

raising the value of the site to sell then the new owner drops all affiliates or restructures %

Just new and confused

second where do your shoppers exist ? the states or is this a global shop ?

cheers for any help
    DownUnder

DownUnder, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  18. purdue512

Best Answers:
    Great questions DownUnder... Thanks for posting.

1) In our view, the "bonus for us" is the rise in links and traffic to the site, even if that is not immediately revenue generating (because you get 100% of that revenue), there is value for us in terms of awareness, brand, etc. Also, the links help our overall rank. So it seemed like a fair, simple, win-win to us. Especially because we are not involved in the payout. That's directly from Amazon and CJ.

2) This site is owned by an S-Corp, and is investor backed. The business plan is 5 years. I think we can safely assume the IM world will be VERY different in 5 years. We have no plans to ever stop or change this % for those who sign-up now and start generating traffic. PLEASE NOTE: This is an early-bird special for those helping with the launch. We will not be offering this option for too long. If you visit our site, the regular affiliate deal is 50% revenue share and we use our affiliate ID's and pay via paypal. In our view, get in on the ground-floor and enjoy the rewards.

Where do shoppers exist? Where ever there are credit cards and Fed Ex :) This is based on eBay, and Amazon. So not exactly small shops.

19. purdue512

Best Answers:
    We've gotten a large response on this. So I'm only planning on taking a few more people at the 100% level. We may start to put on restrictions soon as to the level of traffic you bring to justify a 100% commission slot..

Just FYI.

purdue512, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  20. purdue512

Best Answers:
    We've signed-up a bunch more today...

As mentioned the other day - We will soon be putting on restrictions. Perhaps a minimum click-volume per day quota to justify the 100% commission level.

Cheers.

purdue512, Sep 23, 2007 IP