1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How the heck can I track revenue of ALL my pages?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Game Producer, Sep 17, 2007.

I'm not totally newbie with adsense, and know at least the basics (such as layout, colors, position, blending, what CTR means ;) and all that basic stuff :)). I'm familiar with the channels, and have used them to track how individual ads perform on certain spots.

Now I want to track even more - I want to know exactly how much each of my site pages (there's 800ish pages now... and one added every day...) perform. This is beyond my knowledge, but I doubt channels can help me here.

I thought I could use analytics for this, but I'm afraid that Analytics can help me to "make better guesses". For example, if I see that revenues went up on some certain day, I could check out for Analytics and see what page got most visits - and assume that it might have got also most of the clicks...

...but that could be totally wrong. I might miss some very rare pages that happened to got that one big paying click.

----

How can I track how much exactly each of my pages generate revenue? The reason I want to know this is that then I could make better guesses about what type of content pays well, and perhaps optimize my titles and content. (I still would be writing for humans, but at least I'd know what parts of my site bring the most income).

Any help?

Game Producer, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  2. Mencucci

Mencucci Peon

Best Answers:
    You could create a channel for a specific theme of your website where most of the clicks would have a very similar payout.

If you are talking about your Gameproducer website, you could assign channels to your categories and see which ones on averege pay more.

Try not to waste too much time on this. Find a generally profitable topic and write. ;)

You cannot even control what ads will Google show and perhaps this month you'll have some good clicks and next month they'll be gone.

Mencucci, Sep 17, 2007 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  3. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's pretty good idea, although I'm not sure if my categories have been been perfectly done (in terms of categorizing ;))

Well, that's kind of what I've done (well - I actually *wrote* first and then realized I could try adsense). Basically after reading stuff about optimizing adsense I've found out that writing content and having blue links and all that stuff is good (which has been) but I'm very new to "keyword optimizing" - and would think that with little thinking I could boost my revenues.

Well, that's true - but I still wanna dig into keywords stuff to see if there's something I can do about it.

Game Producer, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  4. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand you implemented URL channels and asking this question?

godmode, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  5. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Ummm... what? :)

Game Producer, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  6. godmode

Best Answers:
    You are using URL Channels? if not they might help. However you cant automatically create URL channels for each new page.

godmode, Sep 18, 2007 IP
    Game Producer likes this.
  7. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Well, I suppose I could use them to track some individual pages since all my blog posts have date in them (/2007/09/18/), but even then it would be too much manual work, and I believe there's only 60 url channels available anyway.

Thanks for the idea though.

8. godmode

Best Answers:
    Yeah welcome. You are right its not possible to track each page. I only track pages with high traffic, maybe you can start looking at them first. That should cover 70% of your adsense revenue.

godmode, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  9. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    Good thinking - I wonder why that didn't cross my mind - thanks again :)

10. myfxreport.com

myfxreport.com Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, use channels for evry page and evey block of ads.

myfxreport.com, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  11. Game Producer

Best Answers:
    I can't... as we discussed in this thread :rolleyes: