1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid Posting Survey

Discussion in 'General Business' started by forumbulge, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aspen

aspen Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll try one last time.

A teacher gives a 10 question quiz. She writes the answer to question #5 on the board for everyone to see.

Billy gets 7/10, John gets 5/10.

Is it fair to say that Billy did better than John? They both had inside knowledge of one of the answers, does that mean the comparison is bogus, as you so much like to say with big font?

Now I would agree with you if I wanted an accurate grade for Billy and John that the quiz would need to be retaken without the answer on the board. However since I'm not trying to grade Billy & John, and only compare them against each other, it doesn't really matter. The difference between them is obvious, regardless that they both got a free answer.

Thats it, thats my last attempt. I'm extremely successful, well known, and respected. You can call me illogical, easily manipulated, stupid. I could say all sorts of things, back, but I'm not going to. I could tell you my history, what kind of grades I got in school, what my college test scores were, a full list of my accomplishments and accolades, where I've been interviewed, but I'm not going to.

I don't need to. I don't need to drum up support for myself here, or anywhere.

You can think I'm illogical, think I'm stupid, whatever. Flame me to death, burn me in effigy. Whatever man, whatever makes you happy. At the end of the day though, more people follow my advice than follow yours.

aspen, Nov 23, 2005 IP
    Nintendo likes this.
  2. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You are a dolt. I just proposed a generic scenario to someone else and the first thing they came up with was that restaurant reviewers go out of their way to hide their identity.

Any service review not based on being anonymous is worthless.

That is the bottom line. If you want to actually provide a useful review to your readers, you need to significantly alter your methodolgy. If you just want to scam some free posts from some posting service and create some bogus content to generate traffic on one of your sites, then you are on the right path.

By the way you could tell me all the stuff and it would not make a difference to me. Reality is what I see in front of me. I can only judge you on how you behave, and you act and behave extremely illogically. This issue is very basic. A junior high school kid good easily grasp the problem with the methodolgy as presented.

I have not seen anyone else support your bogus methods. At this point I have to assume you are just trying to take advantage of forum posting services and your readers. Nothing else makes sense.

aeiouy, Nov 23, 2005 IP
  3. vprp

vprp Peon

Best Answers:
    What about this scenario? Billy wouldn't have gotten #5 right so he would have gotten 6/10 if the answer wasn't posted. Even if the answer wasn't posted, John would have gotten it right and wasn't helped at all. In the end, Billy still did better than John but it's still an inaccurate result.

The thing is, I think a review should be a review of a service that the reader could expect to get. Who knows? I may do a bad job but for your review, I might do the greatest job ever and look good. Meanwhile, a company that already does a good job might do an even better job but in the end, they might get the same review as the bad company that just went all out for the review.

vprp, Nov 23, 2005 IP
  4. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    Without going into specific details, I might just add that not only is this a very one sided argument here on DP, but I just discovered I/we also have the full support of someone very high up at Sitepoint.

What do you say to that Aspen? :)

forumbulge, Nov 23, 2005 IP
  5. Matt Mickiewicz

Matt Mickiewicz Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to jump in and officially say that SitePoint was not aware that aspen/Chris was planning a review of forum-posting services, nor that he was using his status as a SitePoint Blogger to request free services in consideration for a review. In the future, I've requested that all SitePoint writers go through us first, when requesting free review copies using our name.

I believe Chris's original intention was to write the full in-depth review for his own Website, and just mention it "in passing" in his blog on SitePoint. Given all the negativity in this thread, I've asked Chris that when his review is finished, not to link to it from his SitePoint blog. That way SitePoint can remain impartial to the entire affair.

Admin: Please close this thread down.

Matt Mickiewicz, Nov 23, 2005 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Okay, so it wasn't endorsed by SitePoint. Thread is being closed.

digitalpoint, Nov 23, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.