1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Google Investor's attention?

Discussion in 'Google' started by dkalweit, Nov 21, 2005.

1. dkalweit

dkalweit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure there are some SERPs that are still mostly in line, though I haven't seen any that I can say are 'better'...

As a side note, have all your sites been un-affected by Jagger, Shawn? I haven't seen you weigh in anywhere on the forums about the update itself...

--
    Derek

dkalweit, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I haven't seen any measurable change at all with my stuff. Kind of lame if you ask me.

digitalpoint, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  3. Mister Tut

Mister Tut Guest

Best Answers:
    I, myself have seen only improvement. But we all knew (or should have) that SERP placements are volatile and there is risk associated with relying upon them for income.

Yes, it can be frustrating, but nobody was promised a certain position or rank.

Mister Tut, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  4. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was waiting for someone to say this. I don't think there really is anything else, beyond that, that needs to be said. Do you?

GeorgeB., Nov 21, 2005 IP
  5. gary99

gary99 Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think that's the case. If it is, it's some really stupidly short term thinking by Google. Let's think about this. Google purposely de-ranks relevant sites, serving up crap so that people will be forced to use PPC ads to get traffic to their sites. Meanwhile, MSN is still serving up (relatively) good results. People rather quickly stop using Google for real world searches, because all they get are "!@<!-- DOCTYPE" results. Google crashes and burns in a spectacular ball of fire. Neat.

I'm guessing that's not what they're up to. :)

Cheers,
    Gary

gary99, Nov 21, 2005 IP
    dkalweit likes this.
  6. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone notice that Google stocks are currently at $409.00

Barre Tire, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  7. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    Yes. +2.29% today, mostly in late trading... This thread must have pushed it up... :)

--
    Derek

8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    After getting red repped to death for my post on this thread, it is quite evident that some people just hate Google. To that end anyone that has success must also be hated.

If you hate Google, stop bitching about them and do something useful. The ranking game is just that "a game". Work a bit harder rather than complaining and perhaps you might do a little better.

I'm not hear to defend Google, not that they need any defense. What I am offering is the advice that perhaps all this negative energy spent on complaining could be better channeled into doing something useful and productive.

I think we have seen quite a few people here mention that they saw little or no change. If you are seeing or saw changes, maybe it is time to look at what you are doing wrong. If you saw no, or little changes, then perhaps you should also look at what you are doing right.

But suggesting a class action law suit, and a bad PR slam is completely ridiculous and childish. Again, that energy could be better spent on working harder. It's a level playing field out there folks when it comes to SEO. No one has more of an advantage over anyone else, and no one or one sight is favored.

Work harder = do better!

Mia, Nov 21, 2005 IP
    Mister Tut and Sharpseo like this.
  9. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    mia don't feel bad I got red repped as well for even responding.. Sorry I even answered. Come on people might as well send me some more red for this as well.

Mia likes this.
  10. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    If you were following Jagger at all, you'd know that it's not about reacting and doing something to counter Jagger(do better, as you put it). Jagger is STILL RUNNING. It's been running for over a month-- almost 2 months if you count the pre-Jagger jitters that some saw total Google shut-off for(including one of my sites). There is NO PATTERN to the sites that have gotten clobbered-- many white-hat SEO sites, and some that haven't been SEO'd whatsoever. Be happy you haven't gotten hit, because many other people who've done NOTHING wrong, have been hit hard. We feel powerless, because we can't do anything because GOOGLE IS NOT DONE screwing us over! We are losing THOUSANDS of dollars due to this and we have to sit by and wait for it to be over before we can do something about it. It's easy to call something childish when you're still making your thousands of dollars-- and if you're not, you must not be serious about your websites anyways...

I've also gotten neg rep'd to death on this post, and I'm sure I'll double that with this reply, but those of you who are acting holy-er-than-thou about this because your sites weren't part of the Google crossfire known as Jagger need to know this isn't black-hat or otherwise mis-led or 'mistaken' SEO'd sites-- many professional SEO's and non-SEO's were hit hard and your heartless attitude is not welcome.

--
    Derek

11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Honestly man, what do you want? Do you own Google? Do you pay Google and advertise with AdWords? Who was "hit hard"? Hit hard by what? I said that is "part of the game". There are no guarntees in SEO. There are ups and downs for everyone. If Google wants to adjust their Algo, that is their purogative. Who are we to dictate how their updates should work?

Yahoo, I can see as a SE that does penalize sites and target certains sites based on set parameters. But again, that is their purogative. Brave the storm and keep playing the game. I find that sites I work on take near 24/7 attention to keep them ranked well. I have a few larger sites that have natural rankings that just keep them up at the top. It was not always that way though. Even the sites that we all think "belong" at the top, are not always there. It takes some work, some adjustments and constant tweaking, especially if you rely soley on natural rankings.

I just don't see what is productive about complaining that Google "clobbered" a site. It's not the only SE out there.

Mia, Nov 21, 2005 IP
    Barre Tire and sachin410 like this.
  12. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    mia,

I agree with some of what you are saying yes we are at Google's Mercy. However Google has taken on the responsibilty of being a public search engine for the people. If there are going to be major changes like there appear to have been that have cost many people thousands of dollars then there should be some warning.. I realise that there are no laws to my knowledge in place protecting of this however if you think of it this way. If you have a brick and mortar business on a buisy highway that generates a minimum of say $2500 per day and the city decides they are going to rebuild the highway and it will take 30 days and very little traffic will be coming through they will warn you ahead of time so you can make alternate arrangements or atleast plan for it.. This may not be a good comparison I don't know however this is how I feel.

13. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    This forum has become a joke people are giving out red fro no reason whatsoever..It's a bunch of B.S if you ask me..I was stating my thoughts is there anything wrong with that?????

dkalweit likes this.
  14. dkalweit

Best Answers:
    I want Google to use some sense in their updates. I want them to not reward black hat sites and expired Ebay listings. I want them to use test servers when rolling out algorithms instead of completely destroying businesses by rolling things out live. Basic common sense, really. I want people like you to stop telling people that they're simply 'whining' when they try to talk about it. I want people to KNOW about what Google's doing-- how they react is their own peragative. As an investor, I want to know how the company I'm supporting handles business-- not just the share price and not just the total $$$-- their business ethics will come and bite them in the end. Google's Jagger update threw ethics out the window by destroying thousands of webmasters, and losing people jobs, etc.

--
    Derek

Arnie likes this.
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That's because there are a lot of imature babies that troll the forums and get their kicks by red repping people. It's not a big deal, annoying at times, but it goes with the territory.

Mia, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  16. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol, if you get an anonymous red rep take it as a compliment. It means some coward disagrees with you but is afraid to say so not only publicly but in private as well.

Then realize that no one on this forum who has been here for a while takes red rep seriously and just keep stating your opinion. All the red rep in the world can't stop you from doing that ;)

GeorgeB., Nov 22, 2005 IP
    Sharpseo likes this.
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, in this case as it applies to this thread it means they are whining, whimpy, crying little immature weenier fart heads....

It's not a big deal given the fact that 99% of the Red reps I received were "Gray" :) It's not like any of the reds I got really counted against my rep.

It's as always, just mildly annoying...

Mia, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  18. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    jagger pisses off webmasters, not shareholders ... and most "users" i've queried haven't noticed a change ... to them, jagger is still Mick.

skattabrain, Nov 22, 2005 IP
    Mia likes this.