1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One Account Per Household

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by EGS, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello.

I think DP needs to start practicing a new rule: one username/account per household. I don't see a reason why a husband and wife or why two brothers couldn't share an account. Seems fishy to me. :mad:

If there's anyone you can trust, it's usually family. I think there should be one account allowed only per household (and IP). It would be so easy to lie about having a brother and just using another account to scam people..

What does everyone think?

EGS, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  2. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if they can scam people with 2 accounts then why not with 1 ? OR even 2 on 2 different ips ?

Brothers or sisiters should have different DP accounts.
    Do you share your email id with your bro/sis/dad/mom ?

(just an idea, i dont have anybody else at my home having another account ;))

MeetHere, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  3. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Well, me and my brother (who's not a member of DP) are very different people for instance. We have different opinions and we're interested in different things. So I think that as long as members notice us, it should be fine to share the same IP.

Katy, Sep 15, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you should allow different accounts for one ip or household. Anyone that is trying to scam you might already have 2 accounts now. One at home one at work maybe one at school. No matter what you do people like that will find a way around it. The rest of the people will suffer for a few bad ones.

rcj662, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  5. Jerlene.net

Jerlene.net Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If they have two accounts, it's been approved by staff. You need to let staff know when two people of the same household(same IP) will be participating in DP on two separate accounts. I'm thinking if they approved it, it's not fishy.:rolleyes:
    Also, sharing accounts would be troublesome for both them and the community. Who wants to talk to one person when they were really looking to talk to the other?
    Personally I don't like two different personalities(two people) on one account.

Jerlene.net, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  6. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It normally doesn't take to long to figure out whether it's brothers or whatever when you take a look through their posts. If it's not the truth, they will slip up.

MaryMary, Sep 15, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  7. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly my thoughts ~ Just like me and my brother ( A DP member) are two different people and we both have different thoughts and interests. So I don't think there is nothing wrong in having multiple accounts per household.

Even a kid can guess by the style of posting whether it's one person or two different people making posts, so IMO this is not a big deal.

Disguised, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  8. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that would be unfair, i know one of my clients having everyone in family having a website, doesn't mean u ban one member not to use websites or have your own domain name. similarly u can't put a ban on some one that way.

forumrating, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  9. Swefx

Swefx Guest

Best Answers:
    This is a stupid idea. Would you like to share your bank account with your brother?

It's not going to fix any problems (because there are ways around it) and it's not exactly great for the people that have to share. What if 4 members of a family have to share an account?

Swefx, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  10. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So, let's say my sis decide to join dp, she'll be using my account? :eek: no way
    :D

rubeina, Sep 17, 2007 IP
    Pammer likes this.
  11. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i dont think ull let her even login ur id :D

u got some extra powers :p

forumrating, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  12. sanderson

sanderson Peon

Best Answers:
    Only thinking about Househods? What about organizations?

I think 99% people are not going to accept it.

Will it make a big difference - yeah - not in a good way.

I think forums are mainly known for community [group of individuals], not by households! :)

sanderson, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  13. n-james

n-james Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If a user wanted to share ip's with another then before the extra account can be authorised i think there should be an application system where users apply so they can be tracked to ensure they arent the same one and if people are found to have two accounts without applying then they can both be banned or whatever the rule is.

n-james, Sep 17, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.