1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Y Keyword Assistant and 'Bid tool' are gone?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by hmc, Sep 14, 2007.

hmc, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  2. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, where has it gone!!!!! Trying to find somewhere that explains what has happened to it.

So I am now using the Google Adwords tool. Its not bad - has a dropdown that lets you select "exact" phrasing rather than broad match. Gives only a 5 band categorization of traffic, but its not bad for coming up with phrases.

t2dman, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  3. hmc

hmc Peon

Best Answers:
    damn. these tools was the best for me.

what is interesting - they didnt make any Press release or announce.
    just closed it.

ok, thanks for link

hmc, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  4. joebloggs

joebloggs Peon

Best Answers:
    joebloggs, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  5. YahooPete

YahooPete Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

The Yahoo! Search Marketing’s keyword selection tool (formerly known as the Overture Keyword Research tool) continues to exist today with January 2007 as the last month from which we can provide search data. I posted a previous thread regarding the tool: http://www.webmasterworld.com/yahoo_search_marketing_overture_ppc/3328358.htm

Due to the sheer volume of hits this tool receives each day, some users may experience problems with getting immediate results. We’re investigating this issue and will keep you updated.

We encourage you use the more robust forecasting capabilities in the new Sponsored Search to gain insight into expected performance.

Hope this helps out.

All the best,
    YahooPete

YahooPete, Sep 21, 2007 IP
  6. webenergy

webenergy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I've just come across this post and thought you'd be interested to know that there is still a UK Yahoo! Search Marketing tool that is live

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/en_GB/rc/srch/index.php

Select Keyword Assistant under Tools on the right-hand side.

Although it is still live, the results listed are from May 2007, so maybe it's on its way out as well.

I tested it using the 'gifts' keyword from the original post, and I got a return showing 37958 searches for "0 coach gift hockey scope" (?). This was one of my problems with the Yahoo! tool in that it apparently could be influenced by spurious or computer generated search terms that could take you down a blind alley. Caveat emptor?

Alistair

webenergy, Oct 22, 2007 IP