1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which directory should I submit too first...

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Franck S, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yeah well ... how would I do that?

Blogmaster, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  2. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    I have never claimed Alive Directory to be similar to Yahoo. Also, on what basis can you make the claim of me being greedy? Do you know me? I can't think of a single thing I have done to give the impression of greed. Yet everywhere I turn, you are making attacks and assumptions.

mystikmedia, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    saadahmed007, dtm and jminscoe like this.
  3. dtm

dtm Banned

Best Answers:
    Alive directory is one of the role models in directory land.

so if you think you can do a better job.

i would suggest to start your own directory, and do it as you think it should be done.

instead off attacking some owners of top ranked directories.

dtm, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  4. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think personally that its ridiculous that someone who joined the forum 2 months ago is making outlandish claims against an esteemed member of our community, sweet jesus if I was a moderator I would ban his ass.

Valhalla, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    maldives, dtm and jminscoe like this.
  5. undir

undir Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say submit to both

undir, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  6. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The directory that hasn't been mentioned that I'd recommended is:
    http://www.romow.com/
    It's not mine and I have no affiliation, just good experience as a submitter.

syted, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    jminscoe likes this.
  7. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Very well said. This guy could very well be a duplicate account. :mad:

maldives, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    jminscoe likes this.
  8. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    workshop
    "Because you are stuffing up my business and I am pissed off that you dont understand this."

I am sure that they are not purposely stuffing up your business.

CanadianEh, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  9. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Read much? He said "the first and last time I looked".

Proving once again you know nothing about real quality. I reject 80 to 90% of submssions to my small directories. I'd rather grow them slowly with quality sites than stuff up categories with any piece of crap the way you and many others do.

minstrel, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  10. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are a PURE NUISANCE to the whole community.
    Because you don't know how to make a business- do you think you can attract business out of attacking others?

Are you trying to get famous by attacking famous people? Thats not ON-- LOUD & CLEAR.

Besides- can you explain the quoted point? How is he "stuffing up" - your business?:rolleyes:

People are anxious to hear your jokes - JOKER.:D

jhnrang, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    jminscoe likes this.
  11. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Or maybe he's just sickened by the antics of many DP members and their directories over these last several months and glad to finally see Google doing something about it.

minstrel, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  12. discover

discover Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I too am sick of him just bringing his personal grudges into threads which bring nothing to the discussion
    hes obviously got a problem with alive and uses any chance to bitch about it

discover, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  13. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Take a look at Eco Guides. Its being run by a women who has just turned sixty who understands nothing about the internet and who would have nothing to do with the internet until I started twisting arms. She is building a resource and its something none of those so called top ranked directories come close to. Her content is genuine and she does it because she has a commitment. She is running a quality directory but hasn't got hope in hell of getting the recognition she deserves because you have got your wires crossed and everything is a little mixed up.
    Well if that's the case tell me that, that list of Authority Sites is the crock of horsesh*it we all know it to be and that you had nothing to do with promoting that nonsense. Next we can start in on PR. You might be able to convince me that you have never sold PR but how about telling it to those webmasters who are still waiting for their "quality" sites to crack the nod from your mates at Google.
    Thankfully you are not and I have got news for you. This is not the only forum there is but it is the forum Google targeted. Why do you think that is? You have been given a warning. WAKE UP or risk losing everything we are all working towards. How long is it going to take for the penny to drop. Its not me that's pointing fingers. Silly you
    Accepted and maybe they just got sucked up by the excitement of the chase but I think not. They are bright boys, they obviously know what they are doing and they haven't got the balls to admit they were wrong when it should be patently obvious that they have been caught with their pants down. Have you seen any of them stand up and say that its time to change? Nope the closest they have got to that was when that retard anOn smugly posted that he had no problems and was too busy counting his $$$ to answer those questions that are still unanswered to this day.
    You appear to have forgotten that you don't speak to me. Cant we keep it that way? It gets monotonous having to repeat everything over and over again. The time I spend on this forum could be better spent building my workshop. But I happen to believe that I have a responsibility to keep hammering away at these points, that are plain common sense to most, just so that you too will eventually get the message. And if you don't it means we are all in deep sh*t. So understand this its either you or me. I will do everything I have to do to bury you along with your site and with anyone else who does not understand that they are asking Google to devalue whats left of the directory industry.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Twit

workshop, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  14. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You have been talking a lot about the authority sites, so let me put up a very straight point! authority sites is not a google term, it's a webmaster term that is used heavily all over the internet. We used this term even before alive and aviva had the authority status! since both of those web directories are the best so, google gave them that status!:)

You might say that those are site links, but tell me, why don't other websites get those site links. because only the best of the sites on internet have it! And yes that option can come to the webmaster central of google, but IMO only alive, aviva etc directories and other good websites will have that option enabled!;)

uttoransen, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  15. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    What I object to is the way Aviva have created the impression that there is a link between "authority sites" (using the webmaster term) and "Authority Sites" (the original Google term) like Yahoo That is deliberate misrepresentation and if its being used to sell value were there is none its criminal. Twist it whichever way you like it, it still smells like horsesh*t to me.

workshop, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  16. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Let me make this point very clear! We all webmaster for years have been treating this term with huge respect! search Dp for example and you will get it as an authority site in google

Aviva has not termed it, others have given aviva respect and termed it as authority web directory, along with a few more, like v7n, etc!

yahoo directory is an authority directory according to the site links, and so is aviva, no one's comparing them, but that's how it is!:) don't get jelous:D

uttoransen, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  17. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Then by your own admission that makes you a liar and a thief as well. You just dont know the difference between whats right and whats wrong and Google has made it clear that its going to take you out. Wake up sunshine. You are not serving anyones interests by trying to argue black is white. Why do you think Aviva and Alive keep such a low profile? They know the writings on the wall and they dont want to be seen backing you up. They understand or by now should understand that there are consequences :p

workshop, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  18. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    To my recollection, I have never mentioned Alive Directory as being an authority directory, and I have not promoted that concept. In fact, the only time I ever remember including the "authority directory" term in a post is when I asked a question about the directory I added on to another site...if the status of the main site carried over to the directory in what people consider as authority.

For that matter, I have not promoted based on PR either. I always let the directory speak for itself, and people can draw their own conclusions on what may be valuable to them. I did promote the high traffic aspect of Big Web Links. The only possible exception to that is the CDH directory. I believe when I announced it, I "mentioned" its PR along with age, traffic, etc. to convey it being an established site.

mystikmedia, Sep 17, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  19. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Neither have you discouraged it. Like it or not for one reason or another you are considered to be somewhat of an authority yourself and if you had the balls to do the right thing in this situation it would make a big difference. You have the opportunity to lead. Why not go out of your way to set an example and help us grow this industry?

workshop, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  20. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since my directory has also been affected, I would like to see your evidence of exactly what Google is doing...since as you say, it's black and white you should be able to supply some proof sufficient to establish all that you're saying as true,...right? Most likely the reason more people haven't responded is they simply are not going to waste their time. I'm not sure why I did

In fact your incessant ramblings and desultory remarks are quit boring.

LakeCountry, Sep 17, 2007 IP
    discover likes this.