1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Business Proposal - What is a normal answer return ratio?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by John M, Sep 16, 2007.

A week ago I sent a business proposal to 240 websites. I got 6 answers, and 4 of those where positive. This must be a bad ratio right?

I have thought about hiring another writer....What do you think is a normal answer ratio?

John M, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  2. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    generally out of 100 i would consider 1. it all depends on how relivant the site u contacted are.

forumrating, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  3. Orion77

Orion77 Peon

Best Answers:
    The response you received was basically alright. I have been in finance for over 20 years. My questions would be - After you sent it, did you follow up with phone calls, additional emails, etc. You need to make sure that whoever wirtes your proposal knows how the end recepient likes to see it. And not all recepients like the same format or presentation. I am assuming that the proposal was written to acquire money so I am writing from that perspective. I have one investor that trashes anything that is not to his specifications. Rule of Thumb and the best advice I can give anyone is to always put the financial information in the front. Most people bury it and make lenders search for it. And no one lends, invests or gets involved with a niche they do not understand and do not have a working knowledge of. The other thing most people overlook is that they usually always fail to provide a good exit strategy. Hope this helps!

Orion77, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  4. WM7

WM7 Peon

Best Answers:
    John,
    Its is not every thing about how you write but it’s about what you write. If your proposal is innovative, interesting and profitable then you might get a good positive feed back ratio.

100 is to 5 might be a good one.

WM7, Sep 17, 2007 IP