1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords Payment Question

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by aj22, Sep 15, 2007.

Let's say I was a struggling PPC'er for a long while, spending no more than $300 per billing cycle (per month). I charge this to a credit card w/ a $5k limit (I'm a poor college student....ugh).

Now let's say all of a sudden I wish to spend $1k a day on a campaign bringing in $3k a day in sales. Since I won't have $30k laying around to cover Adwords charges until after my affiliate earnings clear, how can I (if possible) arrange such a payment with Google?

I'm sure someone has had to deal with something like this before... is it possible to set your payment/billing threshold? In my case, I would want to set it to like $50k?

aj22, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  2. selltrib

selltrib Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to know the answer to this. I'm currently using three (3)!! credit cards per month with adwords..

selltrib, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  3. ppc-cpc

ppc-cpc Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi

There are 2 ways to handle this problem.

1. Ask google to change your billing method. It's possible
    2. Another way would be to involve agency to run campaign on your behalf and charge a nominal commission.

Anyways, which country are u from?

Rgrds,
    PPC - CPC
    Ask How PPC works ?

ppc-cpc, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  4. parkaboy

parkaboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a little negative mean thought:

If you are running a margin of $5000-$10000/month, what would happen if for whatever reason the affiliate merchant didn't pay out?

That's my real concern.

My timid idea would be to run the campaign only for one or two days, if possible, in a month, then take your earnings from that month and snowball it in the next month and on and on until you have enough money in the bank to finance adwords w/o credit.

parkaboy, Sep 16, 2007 IP
  5. selltrib

selltrib Peon

Best Answers:
    Around payday I always have this worry. I don't want to be lumped with a 10k credit debt because a certian affliate program decides not to pay or goes bust. I'm currently forking out about $10kus per month on adwords. Making a great return but always a bit scared come pay day.

So I'm diversifiying as much as possible.

selltrib, Sep 16, 2007 IP
    tarponkeith likes this.
  6. parkaboy

parkaboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Right--I would think the best way to guard against the worst would be to keep a cash reserve + diversify? Also, is there any way to build credit with the *merchant* to get your cash faster from them? I'd rather reduce how much I'm extended in the first place than try to extend myself further.

parkaboy, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  7. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    Higher risk always equals higher return.

Get another credit card and use that to cover you until the payment comes in. Barring that, run it at $1k until you max out your first card, then pause the campaign until you can pay off your credit card bill. Keep putting money back into your business and eventually google will call you and say "hey you spend a lot with us, want to go to monthly invoicing instead?"

That's where they give you $xx,xxx+ per month to spend and you pay them back 30 days after months end. (It's very nice.)

PPC-Coach, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  8. parkaboy

parkaboy Peon

Best Answers:
    But the issue is also how to minimize risk to yourself in the case of nonpayment. If one of many possible things goes wrong, you could lose all affiliate earnings for a month and the extended Google payment terms aren't going to help you then. At the very least, you should be trying to get a lower-interest form of credit than credit cards (any kind of loan, for instance).

parkaboy, Sep 18, 2007 IP