1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for feedback on my Article Directory

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Interlogic, Nov 21, 2005.

Hey All,

I have an Article Submission directory I've written from the bottom up myself and am looking for feedback on the layout\design and usability.

Any and all feedback or thoughts appreciated!

http://www.articlecodex.com/

Interlogic, Nov 21, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  2. angelfire

angelfire Peon

Best Answers:
    I like your design and layout. They are simple and clean.
    I suggest that you should make your font a bit bigger. for easier navigation.
    congrats for a job well done and good luck...

angelfire, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  3. xfairguy

xfairguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it complicated to add AdSense revenue sharing like DP has?
    You will get lot of active authors that way.

xfairguy, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  4. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

that thing kinda weirded me out...I don't know why. I know it's a book, but it's just cropped too close. It's too loud and noisy compared to the rest of the site.

And the big [beta] stamp on top doesn't look too nice easy, perhaps just a really nice pale blue text that's just horizontal.

Dekker, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  5. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I was actually thinking about adding a CSS font size switcher. Will have a play with my options later.
    Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the book myself when we first put it in actually :p. I think then I just kinda got used to it. Must have a play with it again..

Hehe. I have already been seriously considering this and have setup the adsense advertising to support this already (once we turn it on.. There's no adverts on the site at all yet..).

Being completely straight I am just concerned about the bandwidth costs that the free site content feed script will add to my hosting. The free script pulls the articles from our site directly into "your" website and we make no revenue from that bandwidth usage at all (allthough the webmaster can of course put adsense on their local copy of the script).

My thinking was to wait and see how much bandwidth pressure we have once the script has been installed on a few sites and then turn on the revenue sharing at a later date if it makes sense..

Interlogic, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  6. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    OK I've made some changes based on the advice above.

Only thing I left in was the [Beta] stamp. I want that to stand out till I take it down to be honest.

7. coolweb

coolweb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Logo is attractive enough, User have to scroll down the page too much, try to pile up all text in less height.

coolweb, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  8. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. There is a lot on the homepage alright.. Unfortunately there is a lot we want to put in the first page so it's hard to fit it all in (and at the bottom we have a list of all the article categories so that we get better interlinking on the site.. Help that spider find all the pages faster and all that)

We decided to go ahead and turn on the adsense on the site so now we have a full 50% revenue share on all article pages.

What do you guys think of the adsense integration on the article listing and article pages?

9. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    How many articles do you have so far?

and the adsense is fine

Dekker, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  10. xfairguy

xfairguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very good.

xfairguy, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  11. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Just the one so far!

I decided I wanted to keep the site 100% member submitted articles. I didn't want to go scraping articles from other sites and submiting them to build up our index before launch.

12. limitedwarranty

limitedwarranty Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice, the only issue i have is the right column for the last 6 articles the margins between it and the main content need to be wider, or a slightly darker background to seperate it from the main content visually.

limitedwarranty, May 12, 2006 IP