1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this the makings of a contest?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by homme, Sep 12, 2007.

Dearly Beloved!

I thought I'd place a thread here first to get some feedback from the cream of copywriters. Having engaged in the services of several copywriters and feeling disappointed with the results I'm eager to come up with a way of sorting the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

I'm looking to set up a contest whereby copywriters submit their entry based on my guidelines for a 500 word article/product description

e.g. Men's jewellery.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated in terms of how to go about this, including a what you feel would be a fair contest prize$.

homme

homme, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  2. AvarianParakeet

AvarianParakeet Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Personally I support this contest in a slightly altered format. Someone held a contest a little while ago where they guaranteed 1 cent per word to the people who wrote decent articles for them. Then they offered about $15 to whoever had their article dugg the most. This probably wouldn't work for a jewelry website, but you could probably work out something similar to guarantee a large number of decent content writers submit work.

AvarianParakeet, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  3. homme

homme Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your feedback AvarianParakeet!

I'd be happy to guarantee 1 cent per word for people who wrote decent articles on the theme of men's jewellery and I could probably offer several possible sub themes but 'decent articles' is subjective.

The $15/Dugg idea is great - I'm sure I could build this into the competition.

Any more ideas? :)

homme, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  4. homme

homme Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmmmmmmmm OK ...I'm sensing those that write fabulous webcopy wouldn't be interested in a copywriting competition, one that at the same time as earning them dollars also increased their profile as the must have writer of all time.

:cool:

homme

homme, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  5. boron

boron Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You can offer xc/word for all (who meet your requirements) and 2xc/word for the winner.

boron, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    Analyst likes this.
  6. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Probably you're right, but I think if the thread would've been posted in 'copywriting corner' it'd have got some more exposure. The reason is that this corner is reserved for 'content creation' and most of the writers here are article writers not the copywriters. As far as your contest idea is concerned I think it's not bad, but not attractive for good copywriters as well. As you mentioned earlier, they will have some more bucks and enhanced profile in the same time, so if you really intend to have a competition, go for something as a reward what they're looking for, (you may have to research this thing). One other way out would be to call 'emerging copywriters', it's not necessary that if some disappointed you in the past, then all emerging ones won't be good.

Regards,

Analyst, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  7. homme

homme Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Many thanks for your comment Analyst - I'll certainly re-work this thread and place in the copywriting corner.

homme, Sep 25, 2007 IP