1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with annoying submitter

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Agent47, Sep 13, 2007.

I have this problem with submitters in past but i used to refund the payment because I don't want to waste my time fighting for a small fee but now its getting very annoyed. Here is my problem:

I received a featured listing in the top level category "Computer and Internet" of a web directory www.RegularLink.com. Since this was not an appropriate category, I moved the listing to Web Directories category as that was the most suitable category. I received the following email from the submitter "

Now the ad he is talking about is the place holder for featured listing and it is there on all categories where there are no listings so that ppl can submit their website easily where appropriate. Here is the communication between us :

My reply
    Submitter 's Reply
    My Reply
    Submitter 's Reply
    Now this guy opened a dispute in paypal with the following statement :

My reply:
    This is getting very annoying and I need your advice. :)

Agent47, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  2. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The right place to list a directory could be in computers_and_internet/ even though you have a Web Directories category. Its not obvious that you will move the submitted site. Some web masters would not move it. I think that you are both correct, but I also think that you should refund the buyer since it looks like he submitted in good faith.

login, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  3. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you shouldn't have moved the listing to the sub category as he bought a featured link in a related top category. As far as I know, the usual practice is to allow featured listings in the top categories, even though there is a more suitable sub-category (that is my usual practice anyway). Anyway you can just refund the money to him and delete his listing.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    Agent47 likes this.
  4. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well as i stated earlier the ad he is talking about is a placeholder for featured listing and I do accept listings in top level category but only if they are appropriate. How can I accept a real estate website in the Heath category? I am not selling links here where everyone who submits just get listed. I have my guidelines very clear and there should be no confusion.

Update: I just received an email from paypal:

Looks like case closed.

Agent47, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  5. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why waste your time - it only leads to more aggravation.

Refund the payment and delete the listing. You might also consider changing the default message "Feature Your Website Here!" to something that might be a bit clearer to the clueless. ;)

CReed, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    Agent47 likes this.
  6. contactusa

contactusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank YOU!

You're right. All this over $54.95. And on top of this I was going to submit 4 more sites to him. He would have made so much more just by leaving the link as he clearly advertised it or by refunding the money.

He chose to hide behind emails, not even providing a name. BTW, I posted all my info, Company name, Tel, fax, you name it. WHAT IS HE AFRAID OF?

contactusa, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    dhruv37 and threebuckchuck like this.
  7. contactusa

contactusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    To: Agent47 @ ArgusVision.net

Ok, so we found each other here on DP. Good!

Let others judge you correctly:

I'll repeat one more time: You promote false, misleading advertising tricking submitters to pay you for your "Feature Your Website Here! Get exclusive, guaranteed top placement (1-10) in this category!".

Your refusal to correct the link or refund the money is costing you more submissions from me. I am promoting 4 sites heavily and was going to sumit them all to you. IT WILL COST YOU MORE from people that will read this Thread. In my first emails, I asked you very politely to READ what you promise, adjust my link or refund the money. You refused both!

Let others judge you then. The proof of your FALSE CLAIMS are on the bottom of this (your) page: http://www.argusvision.net/computers_and_internet/

Do you see anybody listed there? No! Do you sell links to BE LISTED THERE? YES!!! Do you accept, after you got paid, the links to be listed as advertised? NO! Do you refuse to REFUND MONEY? YES!!!

Enough said. The proof is on your site and in your actions. You gained $54.95 and lost hundreds. :confused:

BTW, my name is Art Capri and many probably know me here from posts, my sites and from my submissions to their Directories. Agent47: Don't be afraid to at least sign your emails with "Joe" or something.

8. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Why not refund if your submitter isn't happy? Your submitter wasn't happy with the changes you made.

Agreed that you have mention that you have rights to move the listing, but if the submitter is not happy, issue him a refund.

Finish the issue, why take it so long to paypal?

humm, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  9. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, please try to resolve this in private via PM and if you cannot, then publicly post the results of the dispute. There has been enough arguments around here lately.

SilkySmooth, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  10. Agent47

Best Answers:
    All right... I am sorry if I am wrong here. I will change the placeholder to something very clear and refund you the payment.

B/W I am not afraid of anything and not hiding my name. Most of the members here at DP know me. You submitted to ArgusVision Directory so the reply email you get will be from ArgusVision Directory. If you contact me personally you will get a reply from me with my name and address as signature. Anyways, I am sorry again if you are unfairly treated. You will shortly receive a refund :)

Thanks,
    zeb

Agent47, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  11. hsaleem

hsaleem Rocket!

Best Answers:
    Some webmasters would not move it but rest of them will. It has been mentioned clearly that a site will be moved to the appropriate category and it is perfectly alright.

A featured link doesn't mean that you can list your Finance website under Arts. Everyone is not following the "usual practice".

I agree 100%. The best option for you is to refund the payment.

hsaleem, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    Agent47 likes this.
  12. Velocity

Velocity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest I believe contactusa might be right here.
    Web directory is related to the Internet category, so you should probably change the text somewhat if you are not going to accept sites to that category. Or make it more clear what kind of sites you will accept.

Velocity, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  13. Agent47

Best Answers:
    I already issued a refund. I was wrong because I didn't notice the title "Feature your website here" is misleading although it was not my intention to mislead anyone. everyone knows that a web directory should fit best in "web directories" not "computer and internet". There are many directory owners listed as featured in the "web directories" category. Anyways, I am going to change the title and description so that it does not mislead.

Agent47, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  14. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think this brings up a good point about ambiguous text leading to this sort of dispute, and it's common enough for people to submit to top categories and then get upset when a listing is moved. "Feature Your Website Here!" should read "Feature Your Website in this Directory!", or just "Get A Featured Listing".

Obelia, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  15. balkanboy

balkanboy Banned

Best Answers:
    I know Zeb is trusted person to deal with and I am sure ContactUsa is too.
    This was nothing but misunderstanding and nice to see it has been resolved and everything is fine.

balkanboy, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    Agent47 likes this.
  16. contactusa

contactusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    GOOD MAN! I hope no heart feelings left here. This $54 is still burning my wallet. Should I resubmit, this time to you Web Directory section, now that we are both clear on this?

hsaleem likes this.
  17. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes sure they both are trusted members for sure :)
    All's well that end well keep up the good work guys:cool:

britishguy, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  18. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    You really need to change the promo - I read it as if I would get the exact spot the placeholder is in at the foot of the page. The only reason I know different if because I have read this thread.

To me, this looks like it is where my listing would appear.

Attached Files:

mcfox, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  19. Agent47

Best Answers:
    hehehehehehe.. So you are mate.. I think I should give you a free listing. Please re-submit to "web directories" and leave the payment step. :)

Cheers,
    zeb

Agent47, Sep 13, 2007 IP
    Ibn Juferi and login like this.
  20. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what a spaz!.

indyguidedotinfo, Sep 13, 2007 IP