1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

seo tactics _ Linking a domain to a blog category good or useless??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aaron111, Sep 12, 2007.

Hi everyone what if I linked thepurestfishoil.com to a category in my blog is it possible that the category would ganin PR?:rolleyes: someone should know this question :eek:

Aaron111, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  2. WPOSolutions

WPOSolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the page providing the link to the category within your blog has pagerank, then yes the category page could gain pagerank.

WPOSolutions, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  3. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WPOSolutions
    "the domain has a pr of 3 to 4" according to a livepr.raketforskning.com tool but the "category has zero pr"
    its a new category I'm using as a sales page rather than linking to a rep site I figured my blog would carry more value in Google msn and yahoo

is this okay? meaning eventually the category could gain massive pr being that the domain has high pr

4. WPOSolutions

WPOSolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully im getting your question :) It is possible the category page, could get a good PR and could even be higher than the main blog domain name.

One of my blog sites had a category page of PR 4 and the main blog domain name was at PR 2.

If your looking at ranking or positioning, it will still come down to meta-tags and the content though.

WPOSolutions, Sep 12, 2007 IP
    Aaron111 likes this.
  5. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow that's what I'm talking about seo for the millennium I feel blogs carry all the heavy lifting and good categories really help as far as tagging is concerned truly text links are the most relevant to search now I'm going with your info and you get a rep added check your back office at DP for your rep added green light cheers I will see you on the forums

here's what Ive done I linked thepurestfishoil.com to the Fish Oil And Depression Category of sleekbusiness.com let me know what you think??