1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do spam sites generate traffic/money so fast?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by KenL, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenway

greenway Guest

Best Answers:
    They do not care about the big one they just keep the ball rolling,1000 sites active in the search engines at any one time earning $2 a day ?
    who needs the big one ?
    In fact regarding se many bhats dont even care about google sending traffic as they are happy with the surfers sent from yahoo and msn ect.

I dont know for sure about all bh sites but from talking to a BH site builder adsense accounts for less than 30% of his online earnings,he gets his money from affiliate marketing.

If you had a site on mobile phones and ringtones with 200,000 pages indexed in google with keyword sets form 4 words to 12 stuffed with affiliate links you must be able to make $2 a day ?

What if you now spued out over 200 of these sites a day ?

What if evertime a surfer came to your site using 10 or 11 mixed words from your keywords list a new page was auto generated using the exact 10 or 11 keywords the surfer entered ? then your site would grow by 5% per day so after 3 weeks the site now has 400,000 pages.

If a BH finds a set of keywords that pay him or her well he can then build another 200 sites around the subject at take over the whole first page of google results.

greenway, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  2. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, spam needs a lots of work to keep the income coming in.
    Most people that run spam sites also run so called 'white' sites as well. It's my belief that many run the spam sites to bring in quick income whilst building 'white' sites for longer term income.

jlawrence, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  3. liquidboy

liquidboy Peon

Best Answers:
    in the real world of marketing pre-internet days the normal channels only ever assumed <5% conversion rates to leads .. eg. floor room shows generated <1% leads that converted to prospects. (I use to work for a top 5 software house and these are good figures) .. Now advertising on the internet, even with spam sites, the % conversion rates we get to from leads to prospects are well over the 1-5% there always in the 5-15%.

We dont care if there are spammers, in the end the web is delivering us more leads than all other previous channels..

So to all you webmasters (both white hats and black hats) keep up the good work and keep bringing in the prospects to us!

liquidboy, Nov 20, 2005 IP
    Chopster likes this.
  4. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yet, within the last 6 months I've read news of 3 or so 21-22 year old spammers being arrested with over $5 million in cash, houses, cars and assets.

Minus being arrested spammers pwn the internet. Very few "legit" sites are going to make you a millionaire before you're 22 :eek:

yo-yo, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  5. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://spamkings.oreilly.com/archives/2005/05/update_on_us_vs.html

yo-yo, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  6. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I don't think this has anything to do with the discussion at hand.
    If your selling prescription drugs via a site, then you've got to be very very carefull not to violate the law. These ain't the sort of sites we're talking about. We're talking about scraper sites in the main - there isn't anything illegal about that.
    Promoting any site via spam emails is illegal in many countries - again, we're not talking about that.

7. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The word "spammers" was used. I tend to think many white-hats group spammers and black-hat as the same or nearly same.

While my example was of an actual spammer I'd be willing to bet there are black-hats making equal or more money than he did.

yo-yo, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  8. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, email spam and website spam isn't even nearly the same.
    In many cases, email spam is illegal.
    There isn't anything illegal with website spam - unethical ? possibly but not illegal.
    The may well be BH's making that sort of level, but very very very few.

9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Talking about website spam , how do these guys manage the duplicate content penalty ?
    Like 200 websites . Do all have different content or what ?

I understand that these websites lack content but they need to have some to get the correct google ad being shown .
    It cannot be just the templet ...

regards
    jeet

JEET, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  10. greenway

greenway Guest

Best Answers:
    Your right,I could give you proof of one bh guy who has not dipped below £15,000 dollars a month over the last year just by re-directing surfers to affiliated drug sites.

regarding the content question from the guy above,I think i will shut shop now as to not go to deep in to how content is got, # and spude out.

I dont think this thread has even touched the surface of what can be done and the amount of money that can be made.
    Most bh webmasters will think nothing of paying 10,000 dollars for a script,and many have more scripts than you can shake a google account at.

11. Links2Cash

Links2Cash Peon

Best Answers:
    And to go back to the original question - how do bhs generate so much traffic so fast - that's easy. You can buy 1 million visitors for $30 - $50. It won't be good traffic, but it's cheap, and if you can generate even 1 or 2 clicks per page from 1,000 pages each day, $50 isn't much to pay. In fact, if you knew you could get a few clicks a day from other bhs, the million pages views would just be to keep your CTR in a reasonable range.
    And if they have other ads setup on the pages, ads that pay for just impressions, they can earn a lot from them too.

Links2Cash, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  12. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I just think it's too much work to register 100 domains, get 100 IP adresses, keep having to look over your shoulder and such. If those spammers took the time to read thru DP rather than trying to hit and run, they'd actually learn how to start a real business and create something they can believe in and stand behind.

Mike

Blogmaster, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  13. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's right .
    Buying so many domains and creating an unstable business doesn't sound like a good idea .
    These BH people should really consider developing a real long lived business that can be trusted upon .

Regards
    jeet

JEET, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  14. greenway

greenway Guest

Best Answers:
    Hard work ? its all automated.

100 domains,
    They would get 10,000 sites from that many;)
    But i do agree about making real sites that grow,I would not be clever enough to stop sites getting banned.

15. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO, scraper/spam sites are good for only one thing - bringing in fast income whilst you're developing your 'real' content sites.
    The draw back with 'real' good content sites is that they take time to develop and grow. Many people try to do this in their own time, which they then find is a heck of a lot of work in order to get the returns they need. So their good sites suffer. I'd imagine that many people (BH'ers) throw up a few scraper sites in the morning then spend the rest of the day developing content for their 'real' sites - obviously I could be wrong, but BH/scraper/spam sites seem like too much hard work to keep the income coming in for it to be a long term business.

16. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Another drawback is that the SEs sometimes kick them out too, even you did nothing black hat

ferret77, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  17. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, don't I know it.
    I've yet to have a 'white hat' site disappear from all 3 big SEs though. So there's always a chance of working out wtf happened to it.
    One thing that BH and WH certainly have in common is 'try living from only one site and the Search Engine's will come along and kick you just for the heck of it'.

18. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Playing it safe you need to practice passive agressive seo, that is the best way to avoid being banned. One false move and gone.

19. Caveman

Caveman Peon

Best Answers:
    Most seasoned BH'ers will register domains in lots of 500 or more. There is not much real "work" involved since, as was pointed out, 99% of the site creation is fully automated.

It's also not about creating something they can be proud of and show off to the world. As was also stated, the goal is fast cash and lots of it. They are as proud or more proud of their $30k monthly checks than any of us are about our favorite pr6 white hat site.

Caveman, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Right, it's also not the most creative way to advertise. I believe in branding, goes further :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.