1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banner image ads bringing down my CPC?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Diminished29, Sep 11, 2007.

Recently, I was averaging around $0.45 - $0.53 for all my clicks, but EVERY since I added a 600x60 image ad on the side to help make my page a bit more colorful I've been experience lower clicks and completely different ads have been showing up in my large rectangle ads

I have NOT changed the content on these pages much at all where I had the large rectangles at (this is the ads they've been clicking) I've only been getting $0.12-$0.30 clicks now.

But seriously is the image banner at fault for bringing down my CPC?

The site is in my signature - Survey Geyser.

Diminished29, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  2. Adulu

Adulu Peon

Best Answers:
    It may be low prices because there are less images advertiser competition.?

Adulu, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  3. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Banner Ads means image ads are mostly CPM based. Yes they can significantly reduce your CPM since you kept them as Image only ads.

The clicks counted however not paid for since its impressions based earnings.

I suggest you opt for text and image ad and try to block the advertiser who is consistantly targetting that channel. Deleting that channel will also help.

Reps appreciated!

godmode, Sep 11, 2007 IP
    tushardhoot1 and Diminished29 like this.
  4. Diminished29

Diminished29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, godmode, see the large rectangle that I have are in my content and I've decided to leave those all text base because image ads in text are VERY annoying unless its like for electronics or whatever then for some reason I don't mind looking at them, so your basically stating that maybe I should just take out this banner altogether?

I mean I'm not getting much traffic now anyways maybe 10 uniques a day, my site is a month old and this is the first REAL site that I've actually bought a host for and have gotten serious about. Though I plan to start making some money on this site through adsense, and I'll take $0.50 clicks any day of the week.

5. tushardhoot1

tushardhoot1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Godmode, is it better to have all text, or a combination of both for an arcade site?

Rep given.

tushardhoot1, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  6. godmode

Best Answers:
    For Arcade site, Image and Video ads would do well, since your site is mostly about videos/images placed all over the place.

However the placement is the most important part for Arcade sites. People often misunderstand why arcade sites dont do well.

I agree that CPC is a bit low in that niche however most of the times, the publishers gets quickly smartpriced coz the visitors are not buyers, they play for fun.

If i go online and playing for fun on your arcade site. If ever, i click on a ad, i would be least interested in buying anything. I am on your site for FUN and not to BUY stuff. This simply tells you why myspace and other niches dont do well, coz their visitors are not BUYERS.

godmode, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  7. godmode

Best Answers:

Exactly, I suggest you can remove the image ad completely. Instead put link ads in sidebars on left side. a 160*600 rectangle ads with text only will do better in my opinion.

When your site is new on adsense, your CPM is average. You start at the middle of the CPM for that niche and then its all about performance. Getting CPM ads right at the start can bring ur CPM down.

godmode, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  8. Diminished29

Diminished29 Peon

Best Answers:
    I gave you rep godmode, I really appreciate your quick responses!

1) I'm concerned, however that if I did go with another 160x160 ad on the side along with the large rectangle I have on the left of my content that it may in turn bring down my clicks in the rectangle again or any clicks that would be clicked on the skyscraper wouldn't be but $0.05 - $0.10 clicks because wouldn't the first ad to show up.

2) Also on these ads isn't it the top first ad that makes the most CPC. For example the large rectangle usually display 4 or 3 ads, so basically the ad on top would pay the most when clicked and the bottom would pay the least, correct?

Again, thanks for all the help its much appreciated!

9. godmode

Best Answers:
    It depends on how you place your ads in HTML. The first ad in your HTML code, will get the highest CPC and the rest. You can change ad positioning by using <DIV> tags. I suggest you read this official Guide from Adsense team:
    http://adsense.blogspot.com/2006/11/first-impressions-count.html

godmode, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  10. Diminished29

Diminished29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, thanks man I'll do that. Any help I can get. I mean I am happy that I'm finally averaging a click a day now, which is way up from last month when it was only 1 click a week.

Chad

11. godmode

Best Answers:
    Yeah. Good Luck. Let me know if you need any help in future!

godmode, Sep 11, 2007 IP