1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review this design

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Jasonb, Sep 8, 2007.

Hi there, my company has been working on a project for around 8 months now, it should be ready in less than a month or two now.

Here is what i have so far for the design, what do you guys think? There is blank space in the design, thats for the <php included>? content, also i havnt included our logo and icon and stuff since we're just going though the copyright stuff currently.

[​IMG]

The site will run on ruby on rails/php (yes both, its very complex :cool:)
    Also it will have a hell of a lot of AJAX, obviously i need to get the design spot on before launch.

Hope you like it, any comments for improvements welcome.

Jasonb, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  2. Webray

Webray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like it. It's a clean design. The only thing that doesn't fit is the color of the bottom links background.

Ray

Webray, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  3. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I like the design. Kinda clean and simple ;) :)

mixke, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  4. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still have a lot of cleaning up to do when it comes to the design, i will be improving on it greatly. It needs to be simple since this site is a mixture between Myspace , Youtube, Facebook with 10 very well seo'd blogs updating daily with 30-90 fresh unique articles

Jasonb, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  5. Felu

Felu Peon

Best Answers:
    The design is really nice. I like the navigation on the top. I hope your site will be a big hit. Good luck!

Felu, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  6. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    looks very attractive , you should get good number of sign ups , make sure that a very good logo is used so it makes the design look more pleasing.

forumrating, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  7. richwest

richwest Peon

Best Answers:
    The design looks excellent, and very web 2.0 in style. I can't really see any issues that other posters didn't mention already, it looks like a lot of effort has gone into it. It will be nice to see the extra logos/icons and stuff when you have them ready to check how well they fit with the rest of the page though.

richwest, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  8. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, we had a beta test up last month and got over 5,000 members who signed up. The site is taking such a long time to build, the script is very complex. I just cant wait to get it launched and see people starting to use it and seeing all the interviews and reviews with all the musicians and stuff, the videos will be a great feature too.

Here is a few little key things that im quite happy with regards to the script, i know there is no demo at the moment but... Ill try explain.

In the forums everything is mod_write, so its better for search engine terms, for example in myspace's forums, everythings like forums.myspace.com/forums.cfm?324875485 or whatever,

here we will have for example, ##########.com/forums/music/hip-hop/Does-anyone-like-50-cent

for example that would be if the thread was called "does any one like 50 cent"

better for search engine rankings.

Also... Same for the videos, say the video is called I love DigitalPoint

##########.com/videos/jason/i-love-digitalpoint

So this means an unlimited amount of people could upload the same video, since it would be for example /username/video-name

We will have an available applications API as well as a whole new type of developer platform, many mozilla firefox addons and plug ins are being written for the site, should be great.

I know for a fact that once the site is up.... I will be going crazy here on this forum buying reviews in your blogs, your signature links, latest blog post links, text links on as many relevant sites as possible so it should be great :D

Jasonb, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  9. Lhlalyam

Lhlalyam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking good... I like it - especially if this is the start of it... curious to see what the final version will look like and interested in the work that you have coded...

Lhlalyam

Lhlalyam, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  10. Topaze Gomes

Topaze Gomes Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, looks promising.......all the best

Topaze Gomes, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  11. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comments, as i said, there is more content to be added on the site. I cant wait to launch this project, hopefully it will be a great success.

Jasonb, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  12. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Looks really good. The colors are nice and pleasing to the eye. The design as a whole is very clean, which is the look I prefer.

PHPGator, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  13. analizatan02216

analizatan02216 Peon

Best Answers:
    nice dude...

analizatan02216, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  14. Free Windows Web hosting

Free Windows Web hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Not bad. Fill it up with some real content and you got a nice design.

15. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i need to smooth the edges off on the top right hand corner and then add all the quality content and log in forum and ads, ill make it look clean and smooth :D

Jasonb, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  16. ttnhatan

ttnhatan Peon

Best Answers:
    I just see! Look it beautifull and clean

ttnhatan, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  17. Outlaw_Racing

Outlaw_Racing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yep, I like the design to, it is always good to see pictures of fellow humans on a site, this creates a certain air of confidence for potential customers I think. Site looks clean and crisp, nice stuff.

Outlaw_Racing, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  18. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the comments, i need to add the log in box, the new users box, the list of the 10 blogs, the logo and the icon, were it says "welcome to" there will be a little icon next to that, same as the favicon and stuff.

so this site will be... Social networking (like facebook,myspace,bebo), bookmarking (like delicious), video hosting (like youtube), 5GB personal storage (like box.net), forums,
    blogs (all unique content like news, celebrity gossip, tech news, sports news, health articles like std's, drug problems, parenting advice, lifestyle articles like food recipes,mens and women fashion, relationship info, music news, interviews with musicians, the artists on artists box you see there thats for example say...
    We ask Greenday what they think of Justin Timberlake *not exactly but you get what i mean yeah*, your own blogs like wordpress, free sms sending, AJAX and ruby on rails style live instant messaging and chat, events listings like.. you post an event say your friends band is playing in a bar you put the post code in and the name and it creates an event with an interactive google map, little forum to discuss the event, like a attending box to show who's attending the event ect..

The blogs will be updated 30-90 times a day so there will be alot of quality content on it.

Bands will be able to sign up and upload there music upto 50 songs, the site wont be too clutterd with ads either just 1 little box per page like the one there in the preview or a little banner on the profile pages.

Still a damn load of work, once its up i want everyone on DP to sign up, post videos, write about it in there blogs ect..... But i doubt thats going to happen :(

Jasonb, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  19. hatching

hatching Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks really clean. The only thing I have a question about is the image that is on the very top right corner?

hatching, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  20. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, thats not going to be on it, thats just some artwork i was doing before i started the design in photoshop so the artwork there is on the layer beneath, this design is just a complete mock up of the design, it will proberly be changing a little bit i havnt started on the logo or anything yet since i really need to take a think about it because its a really important thing, i just wanted some feedback on the design whilst i was still designing it so i could make improvements, when i have worked on the script abit and stuff i'll submit some more screenshots of the designs, there is the inner pages and stuff aswell, they all need to be tweaked to perfection since my company is investing majorly in this project so it needs to be sweet.

Jasonb, Sep 11, 2007 IP