1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Victim of Google Proxy Hacking?

Discussion in 'Google' started by gio, Sep 10, 2007.

I think my blog(www.isulongseophil.com) is a victim of Google Proxy Hacking and might be the reason why I got penalized by Google.

I just noticed on September 7, 2007 that all my traffic from Google searches dropped tremendously. At first I though i was penalized for selling sitewide links but a friend of mine told me that my blog might be a victim of Google Proxy Hacking. I found also found out that a certain site is duplicating all my pages from my blog and it's being indexed by Google.

Here's the site:
    http://bhomiyo.com/gu.xliterate/www.isulongseophil.com/

Cached copy of my blog:
    site:http://bhomiyo.com/gu.xliterate/www.isulongseophil.com/

Results:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 2,860 from bhomiyo.com/gu.xliterate/www.isulongseophil.com.

That's a duplicate copy of all my pages/blogposts from my blog(www.isulongseophil.com).

I searched Google for 'Google Proxy Hacking' and found this article "Google Proxy Hacking: How A Third Party Can Remove Your Site From Google SERPs".

Am I a victim of this type of hacking?

Can anyone help me how to deal with this?

I hope Matt Cutts will be able to read this thread.

gio, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  2. seopti

seopti Active Member

Best Answers:
    gio, just edit your .htaccess file and disallow their IP. Do it asap. This way they won't be able to load your content. Be sure to use the files directive:

<FILES *>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
    deny from 64.209.134.9
    </FILES>

This website duplicates major directories, search engines and websites from big companies.

It's astonishing that no one of the big companies with tons of cash took action. They are not even able to issue a 403 forbidden, which can be done in seconds.

seopti, Sep 10, 2007 IP
    adwordaffiliate and gio like this.
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you are one of the proxy victim like me.

i have read the article that you mention but it's not solution that victim are looking.

GOOGLE MUST SOLVE THIS STUPID PROBLEM.

but google has decided to focus on more stupid thinks (like paid links)

trichnosis, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  4. continuum

continuum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do realise that you have just told all that read this that you sell site wide links (which Matt cutts has gone to great pains to tell everyone is against Googles TOS) and that sites that do this are supposedly being targeted at the moment for penalties?

continuum, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  5. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you. i really hope that helps.

yes i know. i already removed all the sitewide links and made a reinclusion request.

gio, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  6. IEmailer.com

IEmailer.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    stick with the reinclusion request for google they will reply for you quickly and if it's a copyrighted content and it's your file a DMCA as well, Good luck.

IEmailer.com, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  7. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it looks like seopti tips is working.

http://bhomiyo.com/gu.xliterate/www.isulongseophil.com/archives

i get this error when trying to acces the above link:
    my question is,
    is this just a browser display or the spiders will also see the same thing?
    How about those old duplicate cached copy of my pages? will Google remove them from its index soon?

gio, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  8. seopti

seopti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes gio, it's working really well on your site. Hope people find my code useful. Your server issues a 403 FORBIDDEN, Google crawlers will drop the hijacked page as soon as it has been recrawled and indexed by Google. 403 means Google crawlers also see a 403.

seopti, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  9. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually noticed this site doing something similar with a handful of my websites last night.

Dodgy stuff.

adwordaffiliate, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  10. seopti

seopti Active Member

Best Answers:
    seopti, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  11. seopti

seopti Active Member

Best Answers:
    I even suppose that one reason major directories like Alivedirectory have been dropped in ranking by Google because they don't issue a 403 for hijackers like this one.

They just allow bhomiyo to copy their whole domain. I don't know why. Just do a search for yourself: site:www.bhomiyo.com+ alivedirectory and you will see they still allow to copy the site.

seopti, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  12. gio

gio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my question is, will google reindex those duplicate pages of my site anytime soon? i checked the cache date of those duplicate pages and they've been indexed by google a month ago.

What i did is i created a page on my blog with links to those duplicate pages, i'm hoping that google will re-index them.

http://www.isulongseophil.com/dup-be-gone/

is this ok?

gio, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  13. nick-a

nick-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    I run loads of proxies, and if people post links to a proxied version of your site, it's hardly 'hacking' is it now lets be honest. Spend a bit more time on google, and you'll see there's plenty that can be done.

Now obviously it'd be better if proxy owners disallowed google to index proxied pages, which sometimes they do, but it's not going to happen any time soon on a wide scale, due to most proxy owners being 10 yrs old and not even knowing how. And google will take a while to sort it out, so it's down to you I'm afraid.

To call someone a scammer simply because one of their users most likely posted a link to your blog through a proxy which google picked up on is simply wrong - it's easily rectified if you can be bothered.

nick-a, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  14. seopti

seopti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Proxies copying websites are SCAM.

seopti, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  15. anurag_dutta

anurag_dutta Peon

Best Answers:
    Bhimyo was kicked by the hosting services but another website http://girgit.chitthajagat.in has taken place. It is scamming the same way bhomiyo.com did

anurag_dutta, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  16. hisir

hisir Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Anurag,

Just saw the girgit.chithajagat.in

Read there disclaimer and policy. They are very much clear of what they do.

We request search engines and bots not to index these transliterated pages, by inserting meta tag (<META NAME="robots" CONTENT="noindex,nofollow"/>)* into transliterated page. We do not in any way wish to harm the owners of the original web pages, the sole objective of girigit is to allow users to view the content in a script of their choice.

So, it seems to be ethical.

Plus they give facility for users who wish crawlers to crawl transliterated pages. And it is Optional, By Default these pages are not crawled and if user wish they can add meta tag which guides girgit not to insert noindex meta tag.

*If you want the transliterated page to be available to search engines then you need to add this tag into your html head. <meta content='allow-index' name='tell-girgit'/>

hisir, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  17. Fraz!

Fraz! Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just so that you guys know...
    bhomiyo was a site translating sites into native indian languages....
    ha ha! :D

Fraz!, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  18. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "anurag_dutta"

Another person giving life to a 5 months old thread

angilina, Mar 11, 2008 IP