1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Installing hotlink protection without CPANEL?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by refid, Sep 9, 2007.

I have a problem having images hotlinked all the time. Is their a way to use a scrpit to disable it?

refid, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  2. cyanide

cyanide Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you don't need cpanel to accomplish this,
    try adding the following to htacess
    Replace yoursite com with your actual domain
    And the bottom line, is the image that replaces the hotlinked one

cyanide, Sep 9, 2007 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  3. bugatti

bugatti Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen this script in many other forums. Does this script only work with Apache. From my small amout of experience, apache is the only web server program that has an htacess file, iis6 does not. I have a cgi script i want blocked only to me and my friends. If this is the correct script, do i put it in my nph-proxy.pl(and if in here what line does it go on) or do i put it in 1 of my .asp pages. my site is based off of .asp. any help would be greatly appreciated.

bugatti, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  4. jexxie

jexxie Peon

Best Answers:
    The script solution mentioned above would only work with mod_rewrite enabled on your webhost -- I'm not aware of an easy way to do this, you would need to write some functions in ASP to check the referring URL, and deny / redirect the request if the the referrer isn't your own domain.

jexxie, Nov 26, 2007 IP