1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Move to new Hosting effect to traffic ???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sriwirko, Sep 9, 2007.

Hi all,

After I moved to new hosting 1 month ago, I found huge traffic to my site is drop , Can anyone have any idea to improve or investigate this issue.

Thank you.

:(

sriwirko, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  2. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    if the site is 100% ok (i mean no errors), you need to check if the site had the same position in SE`s

Zippo, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  3. sriwirko

sriwirko Peon

Best Answers:
    all thing it the same before also rank in SE.

sriwirko, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  4. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    it wont affect traffic or ranking as per my experience. if you have geographical target or market and u have optimize for that than it may affect.for exp if u have uk market and if u hosted on uk server than it will help to increase tanking in google.co.uk

seojig, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  5. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It could be that the last time the spybot has crawled your site it was unreachable due to the move, once it crawls back it will give you the old position in the SERPs.

You might also want to check the hostings uptime, this could be another issue.

Trapped, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The move probably affected how highly your pages display in the SERPs. Eventually it will come back up, but I think Google does look at changes of IP/host as a negative.

usasportstraining, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  7. Alfredito

Alfredito Peon

Best Answers:
    Did moving the site took a long time? what i mean is, if due to moving the hosting your site was down for like over 24 hours, it will effect your SERP since google bot tired to get into your site and found nothing there...

Alfredito, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  8. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Check your logs to see which traffic sources were sending traffic before but are not sending as much now.

mad4, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  9. KNEB

KNEB Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm thats so strange because the domain is same and only the hosting is different. I wonder that why even search engines look for it?

KNEB, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  10. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't, unless the hosting is in another country.

mad4, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  11. liamvictor

liamvictor Peon

Best Answers:
    Look in Google webmaster central to see if you have had any trouble being spidered or is anything being blocked. Check your robots.txt in case an error has crept in and you're now blocking robots. Check the sites .htaccess in case any traffic is being redirected. If you can, then also check the httpd.conf.

Ask the host if the block any bot traffic (I think it was godaddy that once blocked Googlebot for a while), also ask if they block any regional traffic - some cheap hosts will block all Chinese traffic for instance.

As seojig said, check the hosting location, in case you are now hosted elsewhere. Check the server response times, the load average, does it feel "snappy" to you? Are visitors bailing out before a page loads?

Were you getting visits to the old IP address (not the domain name?)

liamvictor, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  12. rishirajsingh

rishirajsingh Banned

Best Answers:
    I am very much agree with seojig,
    Check you analytics and see map overlay, If the drop is from particular geographic location then may be you have shifted to smoe other countries server. Always choose server where your target client lies.

And about the bot do googling for your keyword and try to find cached page that can tell you when your site is last time crawled.

rishirajsingh, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  13. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    In case u had links exchange through images/banners with some partners, with the script loading the image/banner from your hosting, in the period when your website was offline, maybe your partners removed your banner...so, some visist sources lost. Right?

Zippo, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  14. dariusdegreat

dariusdegreat Banned

Best Answers:
    moving to a new hosting can be very harmless if you do it the right way. Just put all the files on the new server, make sure it runs (checking it from the IP address) and THEN change the DNS servers...

dariusdegreat, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  15. Zippo

Zippo Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyway, a website who stay offline some days, its normal to loose some traffic, but not 50% of them. He didnt say the percentage of lost traffic

Zippo, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  16. flash902007

flash902007 Banned

Best Answers:
    this is very strange because as long as your site didnt change in any way (i.e page ammendments) between the time you moved the site from the old hosting and now, you should experiance absolutley no difference at all. if you have made changes since moving the site, the drop in traffic could be caused from those changes.

flash902007, Sep 9, 2007 IP